Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Freezing!!1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Deusvir
04.26.2013 , 01:33 AM | #1
I have been away from the game for some five or six months and now that I am playing again I am getting very very frustrated. My main list of like 11 toons are on Jedi Covenant and when i log in to any of them and run a flashpoint or just grinding out quests the game will freeze and the program says not responding. It happens at random time intervals. So my roomate who also plays the game suggested I try a new server which I have. On the new server I was ok for a while then today it is happening again, I dont want to change servers though for all my loot and money are on Jedi Covenant. It makes no since that he is not having issues but I am. Ive been in the hospital for 2 months and have been ona 6 month subscription but i dont call and complain that I want the time added to my account that i am paying for and will not get back. So in return I would expect the game to act normally I cant play any toons on Jedi Covenant or say I dont play them cause its too frustrating and pisses me off to get dissconnected all the time. I have 8 gigs of gram with an AMD A8-5500 processor. The game used to run just fine. I made sure I have all the latest windows updates and double checked all my drivers are up to date which they are. Why does it do this I really would like to play the game for with my illness its the only thing that destresses me but all that is happening is it is adding to my stress.

OwenBrooks
04.26.2013 , 01:37 AM | #2
The first thing to do before looking at much else

Run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

Go to the swtor folder and delete the file called DiskCacheArena (do a defrag before launch , the defrag is just good to do not related to the freeze)

Deusvir
04.26.2013 , 02:28 AM | #3
Just ran the repair like sugessted. But too tired to play so will sleep and try the game tomorrow will let you know.

Deusvir
04.26.2013 , 12:48 PM | #4
Ran the repair and deleted the file. I need help asap or I want my money back !!!!!

Deusvir
04.26.2013 , 02:00 PM | #5
bump up for response !!!

Cerimon
04.26.2013 , 02:43 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Deusvir,

If you ran the repair and then deleted 'the file' you will need to repair again to have that file replaced.

Let me know what happens after running the repair process again.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Deusvir
04.26.2013 , 04:56 PM | #7
I just re did the repair, and about 10 mins later, the game did the same thing I was in a flashpoint and the game froze saying not responding. All other programs work fine on my computer, but this one is only game that gives me issues. I want some time credit since there is no point playing till this is fixed like ***.

Deusvir
04.26.2013 , 05:11 PM | #8
I know yall are busy and if I had a phone I would call and give an ear full but, I expected a response time quicker then this. Tell me how to get you on skype and I will try it, but does it not defeat the purpose to use skype in case you need me to do something to reboot. But im sick of this.

Cerimon
04.26.2013 , 05:18 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Deusvir,

Please run the game after performing a clean boot. Instructions on performing a clean boot for Windows 7, 8 and Vista or Windows XP. This will prevent some other software potentially causing this issue.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Deusvir
04.27.2013 , 01:42 PM | #10
I did the clean boot. Last night and it played fine for about an hour then i logged out, then it played ok for about 20 mins just now then did the non responding thing again. Why am i paying for a game that does not want to work. ***!!!!!!!!