Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top dps spec and BIS gear

UcigasRoman
04.24.2013 , 02:40 AM | #1
anyone can say what's the best dps spec in 2.0 ? and maybe post the spec and rotation ?
i got mara,sniper,sorc,assasin lvl 50. What the top dps among them ? Should i play sniper or go mara ?

LordCJK
04.24.2013 , 07:19 AM | #2
What i can surely tell u is that Snipers and Mara are best DPS. Sorcerer got buff in 2.0 but still can't compare to pure DPS classes. Assassin is bad in 2.0, i'd say.
So, now u forced to chose between Sniper and Mara.
Mara - mDPS
Sniper - rDPS
Who is putting more damage? Hard to tell since we have very few parses.

paowee
04.24.2013 , 01:12 PM | #3
You can also try Operative lethality DPS... http://www.torparse.com/a/186886/34/0/Overview

Don't ask me how O_o. I'm curious myself :P Either he is very geared and good or the class is now just actually better and BW did a good job.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

UcigasRoman
04.24.2013 , 11:25 PM | #4
i got an operative too
but i prefer mara and sniper instead. My favorite is the assasin but from what i hear is the lowest in dps

FROIDBUSTER
04.25.2013 , 01:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
You can also try Operative lethality DPS... http://www.torparse.com/a/186886/34/0/Overview

Don't ask me how O_o. I'm curious myself :P Either he is very geared and good or the class is now just actually better and BW did a good job.

Problem is many other DPS are pulling 4k~ on that very encounter, and when you factor in how much extra uptime ranged classes get, to how much more raid utility classes like Marauder have. It becomes much less favorable to be an Operative.

Not to diminish the person in that parse they probably play their class well, but even conservatively speaking you can say if they were any other dps they would easily be pulling 1k more dps on average.

paowee
04.25.2013 , 01:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FROIDBUSTER View Post
Problem is many other DPS are pulling 4k~ on that very encounter, and when you factor in how much extra uptime ranged classes get, to how much more raid utility classes like Marauder have. It becomes much less favorable to be an Operative.

Not to diminish the person in that parse they probably play their class well, but even conservatively speaking you can say if they were any other dps they would easily be pulling 1k more dps on average.
That is not a 4k DPS encounter. That is Dread Master Styrak in 8-man Hard mode and around ~2-2.5k dps in our current gear. Possibly the hardest and strictest encounter in the game right now in terms of DPS >_< That is a pure single target sustained/burst fight. Almost non-existent AoE. He also did NOT have the marauder bloodthirst buff. (you can check and Ctrl+F for bloodthirst in the logs tab).

The only thing we don't know is how his gear looks like.

Quote:
if they were any other dps they would easily be pulling 1k more dps on average.
Please check torparse.. SnV > Styrak > 8man HM/NIM > Dizella (representing op dps lol), he/she is currently 3rd below 2 Marauders :

Marauder 2.6k
Marauder 2.5k
Operative DPS 2.5k

His/her total damage done is around 1.2 million, which is the same numbers Marauders are putting out, in this specfic fight (in my guild at least). Would be nice to hear from him and find out what his gear looks like, as well as what kind of sorcery he is doing lol

Anyway offtopic...!

Synavix
04.25.2013 , 01:55 PM | #7
Operative DPS has been buffed pretty significantly in 2.0, but sadly they were generally so far behind prior to this that they still aren't ahead of the top specs. Right now I would classify them as very viable and competitive, but still a bit shy of Mara/Sniper DPS (on average, of course).

namesaretough
04.25.2013 , 02:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post

Please check torparse.. SnV > Styrak > 8man HM/NIM > Dizella (representing op dps lol), he/she is currently 3rd below 2 Marauders :
I had a few minutes, so I checked the other fights too. For 8m HM, he's
#2 on Thrasher (2658)
#2 on Dash'roode (2635)
#5 on Cartel Warlords (2492)
#5 on the Op Chief (2324)
#11 on Olok (1907)
(for what it's worth, #1 Writhing Horror, #2 Dread Guard, #7 Operator, #4 Kephess the Undying, #1 TFB, and I feel a bit like a stalker)
He does some serious work. Good for him.

Quote: Originally Posted by FROIDBUSTER View Post
Problem is many other DPS are pulling 4k~ on that very encounter
The top 8m HM parses on torparse for that fight are 2.6k. The top 16M are in the 2.4k range. If you have some 4k parses, I'd love to see them to figure out how to improve.
Smugglin

paowee
04.25.2013 , 03:17 PM | #9
It makes me curious now how Operative Lethality DPS works. Because when i try Hybrid as a Sniper in Styrak i do a lot less damage.

MM = 1.1 million with Bloodthirst, Lethality Hybrid.. 750k with bloodthirst. Then there is an Operative DPS who hits 1.2 million as Full Lethality (and no bloodthirst too).

It would be nice to see people who have success as DoT spec in this fight XD. There is one Hybrid guy in torparse but he is in the European server.

paowee
04.25.2013 , 03:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
I had a few minutes, so I checked the other fights too. For 8m HM, he's
#2 on Thrasher (2658)
#2 on Dash'roode (2635)
#5 on Cartel Warlords (2492)
#5 on the Op Chief (2324)
#11 on Olok (1907)
(for what it's worth, #1 Writhing Horror, #2 Dread Guard, #7 Operator, #4 Kephess the Undying, #1 TFB, and I feel a bit like a stalker)
He does some serious work. Good for him.
Aye! Great work on his Operative DPS!

Although it might be worth taking a second look at some encounters where certain guilds use certain strats that end up clumping the bosses or adds for AoE (intentional or not). For example the top parses in HM DG Council right now involve AoE on all 3 bosses at the beginning of the fight. That is their raid leaders choice and nothing is wrong with that. Some guilds on the other hand prefer to pull them out and not AoE (so as to not activate that encounter's specific mechanics).
Spoiler

Cartel Warlords: some of the parses involve stacking Tuchuk with Horic which leads to AoE and nice looking numbers. Villus teleports all over the place so you can't count on him to stay under that Orbital or Smash or DFA. Sunder... well ofcourse you don't want him anywhere near anyone :P

Same thing can be said to an extent for Titan-6. Some guilds allocate one Sniper on AoE duty, other guilds say 'what the heck' and just lets everyone AoE the probes down.

In the end DPS is DPS no matter how you flip it. Any AoE done (especially on the adds) only means that your raid can get BACK to the boss that much faster.

Just my 2cents