Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is act 2 of the inquisitor storyline a bad joke?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is act 2 of the inquisitor storyline a bad joke?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Axe_Faktor
04.23.2013 , 07:51 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Anyway it was BIOWARE that set our expections for the SI story saying it was the and of course people will be upset that they did not meet it hell they flew right off the mark.
YEAH BUT I'M A FANBOY DON'T BE MEAN TO MY GAME AND MY BIOWARE!!!!

I don't know. I actually put way more effort into arguing on this thread than I should have. Truth is, I was not nearly as excited by the SI storyline as I had been by the other 3 that I've played. That said, I still didn't think it was a bad story, just not as typically epic as say the Knight/Warrior stories were. In a way, that made it more unique...in a way
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

Pietrastor
04.24.2013 , 02:26 PM | #122
Looks like two people are totally missing the point on why people hated the SI story its the whole premise and the how the characters and the sith inquisitor acts in the story.

Bioware touted the SI has the "Darth Sidious experience someone who can work from the shadows and pull the strings of others". With political machinations and other politics.

Instead what I got was lots of comedy/dark humor and indiana jones and ghostbusters. While the Sith warrior story has all the aspects that bioware described about the SI story hell even the other imperial classes has more politics than the SI. You are surprised a lot of people are annoyed?
Missing the point is what I would say you're doing. What you're talking about is bad/false advertising, not bad storytelling. Does a bad/misleading trailer to a movie make the story in the movie itself bad? No. The trailer doesn't matter, only the actual story does. I get the expectations you had of the Inquisitor story due to Bioware/EA PR, but you simply need to look at the actual thing and judge that on itself. Saying that something is bad because it's not what you expected is not a good evaluation.

daenar
04.24.2013 , 02:34 PM | #123
I loved the Sith Inquisitor storyline.
It went thru mysteries of the force, the surprise twist of your ancestor being a Dark Lord of the Sith.
The betrayel, seeking mysteries and a confrontation.

This is all very canon and was an amazing story. I suspect some people are too jaded to enjoy how thoroughly it was portrayed. Sith Sorcery has rarely been portrayed and for it to be shown in game was awesome.

TalonVII
04.24.2013 , 02:37 PM | #124
Well compare it to it's Jedi equivalent. Now in the beginning the JC story was kinda boring. BUT! As the story picks up, the JC starts:

Spoiler

Point is, for me, there really is no manipulation of people. There is no feeling of changing things. Just go here, do X, and survive to become a stronger Sith.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Pietrastor
04.24.2013 , 02:48 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by daenar View Post
I loved the Sith Inquisitor storyline.
It went thru mysteries of the force, the surprise twist of your ancestor being a Dark Lord of the Sith.
The betrayel, seeking mysteries and a confrontation.
And the very refreshing context of being a slave who is forced into Sith training and how how despite becoming a Sith (s)he is still fighting for survival and against those that want to use him, which allows for many different interpretations of the Inquisitor's character depending on how the players see it. The endings are highly climatic and fitting depending on your alignment. This is a great and rather unique personal story of a Sith.

Barachiel
04.24.2013 , 05:14 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
And the very refreshing context of being a slave who is forced into Sith training and how how despite becoming a Sith (s)he is still fighting for survival and against those that want to use him, which allows for many different interpretations of the Inquisitor's character depending on how the players see it. The endings are highly climatic and fitting depending on your alignment. This is a great and rather unique personal story of a Sith.
So far, the Inquisitor has been my favorite storyline of the three classes I've experienced (Knight and Smuggler). While Act II suffers the same "lets stretch this out over 5+ planets" issue that all the stories do, I thought it was solid overall.
▓[{{{{{{{ mgXXq}}}F\██████████████████████████)"Why do I sense we've acquired another pathetic life form?" Barachiel Shadowfyre (Sentinel) - Aisthesis

TalonVII
04.24.2013 , 08:30 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Barachiel View Post
So far, the Inquisitor has been my favorite storyline of the three classes I've experienced (Knight and Smuggler). While Act II suffers the same "lets stretch this out over 5+ planets" issue that all the stories do, I thought it was solid overall.
If you liked SI, try the IA story, blows the SI completely out of the water.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Kaedusz
04.24.2013 , 10:02 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by acheros View Post
Act 1 was..Okay, not great, but i felt it was a great first act. It served like an introductory pilot. It introduces you to most of the characters, gives you the basic premise for the class storyline, ect.

Then act two happens...Act two is like, a big lipped alligator, starring you down. Sadly, however. unlike a big lipped alligator moment, this lasts much...Much longer.

Even the NAME is a joke. Force walk? really bioware? It sounds like a bad 80s dance craze..
What's wrong with meeting spirits of ancient sith lords and syphoning their power?The way i see it ,its a major nerdgasm.Clearly you did not get the point of the inquisitor and you are playing the wrong class.Its all about sith lore.

magicallypuzzled
04.25.2013 , 01:04 PM | #129
You mean simply falling into the chair more than anything else.

Here Is how I view the SI the SI is like a stupid boss that has their underlings come up with all the schemes/plans many people have said this in the topic and they are correct. I don't care where my character ends up but overall the SI story makes the SI a bloody idiot. While their IQ goes up during planet questlines.

My friends and guildmates have a saying for the SI story we just simply shoot force lightning all the way to the council seat. Plus the whole story of chapter 2 and 3 I think should of been different. Right now in the game its just bad.

Hell at least the sith warrior actually can have a head on their soldiers and they are the so called "brute" the sheer number of options that SW has to deal with situations is staggering compared to the SI.

Majority of the time choices for the SI come down to "Half hearted light option" or "Lightning".

The story of the SI is plain bad. The only good parts IMO where korriban and the end scene and the end had to be ruined by mortis stealing our kill.
every class has a dialogue choice that makes them seem dumb not the si's fault if you choose that one. I played though the sith inquisitor storyline twice it was so good and every time I was the mastermind behind everything I did. there was never anyone else coming up with the plans with the exception of when I was the apprentice which frankly is expected.

stormdrakelord
04.25.2013 , 02:58 PM | #130
In my opinion there distinct stories behind the SW and SI.

SW: You are basically bred for greatness, so you have this sense of manipulation and dark heroics.

SI: More like a rise to power, going from slave to Dark council member.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.