Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP skill rotation for damage

Zerbak
12.20.2011 , 03:03 PM | #11
I was doing Warzones last night and was wondering similar. In PvE I also have similar interests, however, as the target is stationary and not as painful, its not as important.

At level 27 I feel like half of my abilities don't have quite the use they did at lower levels and were basically fillers until the higher tiered abilities came along. I like to keep my primary used abilities to withint 5-6 for comfort of keybinds (personally) so in considering the top 5-6 damage dealing abilities, what would that be?

I don't count offensive and defensive cooldowns or cc's as I have keybinds set aside for those. I'm speaking purely damage dealing.

blur_
12.20.2011 , 04:01 PM | #12
The main damage abilities I use are Death from Above, Tracer Missile, Explosive Dart, Unload and Rail Shot. For PvP, the arsenal skill that gives Rocket Punch knockback is awesome.

ElPete
12.21.2011 , 12:46 AM | #13
Good to know. I'm going to stop spamming heals.

HADISHI
Dominators of HoG
#1 Ranked SWTOR Guild in NA

Harryshort
12.21.2011 , 07:00 AM | #14
[QUOTE=Zerbak;569876]
At level 27 I feel like half of my abilities don't have quite the use they did at lower levels and were basically fillers until the higher tiered abilities came along. I like to keep my primary used abilities to withint 5-6 for comfort of keybinds (personally) so in considering the top 5-6 damage dealing abilities, what would that be?QUOTE]

Im also at level 27, and i have these keybinds:
(2, 3 and 4 are my main damage dealers)
1: Rapid Shots
2: Tracer missile
3: Unload
4: Rail Shot

These are the skills i use on single target fights.

Then i have some melee skills bound on:
5: Rocket punch
6: jet Boost

And aoe abilities on:
7: Death from above
8: Explosive dart
9: Sweeping Blasters
0: Fusion Missile

Buttons 5 to 0 are used on my Razor Naga.
The Awsome Legacy
Bounty Hunter Mercenary Level 50
Sith Assasin level 50
Youtube Channel

ZaOniTenshu
12.21.2011 , 07:11 AM | #15
Mercs in particular are great at using the environment as well to kill enemies so dont always think you have to **** a brick on them.

One of my favorite things to do is Jet boost them into the acid pit and stun them so they die similarly with the fire.

Just having situation awareness is HUGE and knowing what skills to use when.

I am level 25 and I did 185k dps granted that wasnt the highest but it was my person best and I only died once simply because I used my brain (hard for em to do).

I went for the squishy ranged DPS like sorcerers etc when they were focused ona nd ally I would:

Tracer Missile x3
Railshot
Unload
(by here I normally needed to stun so electro dart)
Tracer missile
Rapid shots

They were usually dead by this time from my own efforts and my allies also chipping in.

If you want DPS when the enemy bunches up:

DFA
Fusion Missile
Explosive dart
sweeping blasters

By this time I was oomed with heat so I vented.

I picked that order because you want to DFA before they alls catter as it does the most dps. If they still were there fusion missile would DOT them. Explosive dart would aoe, blasters as well and up to 5.

Just always make sure your on the move even when spamming tracer missile (unless in iminent threat).

NEVER Tracer missile up close as the channeling leaves you squatting (literally) and vulnerable to interrupt stun, choke, spank, stun, death

iWopo
12.21.2011 , 12:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaOniTenshu View Post
NEVER Tracer missile up close as the channeling leaves you squatting (literally) and vulnerable to interrupt stun, choke, spank, stun, death
I hate it when they do that.
"BOOM! What was that?...Me droppin' some knowledge on ya"