Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher freezing on repair

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher freezing on repair
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ChewyYui
04.25.2013 , 06:47 AM | #11
I am now getting the same issue when installing the game. In this case, it is freezing on Videos 1 (or something like that)

I don't have my game disks to install it from, so I tried from downloading, in case that affects anything.
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

Beesodd
04.25.2013 , 07:08 AM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Running it from the downloadable file rather than discs is fine (and can actually help avoid a rare issue). If things aren't installing, it could indicate an issue with hardware itself. Overclocking can cause issues, so please disable if needed.

Another thing is to check for issues with the hard drive. Assuming you're trying to install on the C drive, the following command will scan the drive and fix any discovered errors: chkdsk c: /f

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

LordSektorius
04.25.2013 , 07:48 AM | #13
you claiming that due to a cosmic alignment people that happened to be patching suddenly developed issues with their hard drives?

OwenBrooks
04.25.2013 , 07:56 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LordSektorius View Post
you claiming that due to a cosmic alignment people that happened to be patching suddenly developed issues with their hard drives?
I have seen quite a few people fix there patching issues doing the above, whilst the symptoms maybe the same the cause can be different for each person.

file system error is only one such cause, if you don't check you will never know

ChewyYui
04.25.2013 , 09:57 AM | #15
Meh, still nothing, even after all the steps you suggested. Even tried to install on a different HardDrive, which gives the same issue. This is frustrating, as I can't even install the game, let alone the patch!

I hope something works to fix this soon, it's eating into my sub ):

ChewyYui
04.25.2013 , 11:29 AM | #16
Can any CS droids help further with this?

If it keeps up, and I can't play TOR, I might have to get a "social life"

ChewyYui
04.25.2013 , 11:26 PM | #17
Bump!

This is still an issue, I can't install the game, it either loops a repair cycle and gets stuck on installing something, or just outright freezes on installing.

Please help! Thanks

OwenBrooks
04.25.2013 , 11:37 PM | #18
Next thing is likely to test memory using memtest86+ http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=419492#7

If your OCing now might be a good time to return to defaults

ChewyYui
04.26.2013 , 12:03 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Next thing is likely to test memory using memtest86+ http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=419492#7

If your OCing now might be a good time to return to defaults
Meh, I don't know how to do that, there are no instructions on the site to say how.

I just wan't to play the game ):

OwenBrooks
04.26.2013 , 12:14 AM | #20
Try this, although it is not as good in detection http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/w...-your-computer