Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vice Commandantís Contraband Pack

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Vice Commandantís Contraband Pack
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jwsjTyrannus
04.24.2013 , 06:48 PM | #181
Gotta say... I contribute a decent amount of money to the CM. Good use for my Credit Card. I thought they "upped" the luck system on this. Yet I get all the crap items. And last round I played I got 4 skiffs, the WB crystals, all the weapons, Malaks sets, everything minus the stupid little toothpick and the Scanner. Now I get belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves,belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves,belt, bracers, gloves. I only stress that because I just enjoy the fact I have 1 full cargo bay of just trash. And the reputation system for the Cartel Market, I already maxed, did it by week two. Sorry for my little rant, sounds like everyone else, but I normally never rant, but after $80 of just trash. I'm tired of it.
-Tyrannesius-

xorcist
04.24.2013 , 07:15 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by jwsjTyrannus View Post
Gotta say... I contribute a decent amount of money to the CM. Good use for my Credit Card. I thought they "upped" the luck system on this. Yet I get all the crap items. And last round I played I got 4 skiffs, the WB crystals, all the weapons, Malaks sets, everything minus the stupid little toothpick and the Scanner. Now I get belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves,belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves,belt, bracers, gloves. I only stress that because I just enjoy the fact I have 1 full cargo bay of just trash. And the reputation system for the Cartel Market, I already maxed, did it by week two. Sorry for my little rant, sounds like everyone else, but I normally never rant, but after $80 of just trash. I'm tired of it.
can't say I blame you for being pissed. I bought 40 something dollars worth of cartel coins once. Never again.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

jwsjTyrannus
04.24.2013 , 07:29 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
can't say I blame you for being pissed. I bought 40 something dollars worth of cartel coins once. Never again.
I mean I have blown well over $500 on cartel packs (split two ways for my wife and I) and I shoot for things I would love to have for my toon, AKA the super rare ****. But I never get it. I didn't get tweaked until the this pack when I just got all belts and bracers and effing gloves. >

But someone who understands my pains with this. I just wish the CE vendor would have all the vanity crap....

Only time will tell. Don't worry BW ... I still have hope in you.
-Tyrannesius-

thatghost
04.24.2013 , 08:36 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by jwsjTyrannus View Post
belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves,belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves,belt, bracers, gloves
Yep. I hear you. Same mantra here. All I wanted was the Vesh chestpiece/upper body armor, couldn't give a [bleep] about the rest. No joy. Just belt, bracers, gloves, belt, bracers, gloves, belt..............

Ilhares
04.25.2013 , 12:32 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by CoryButler View Post
Don't worry, you are not forgotten. There are new items coming to the CE Vendor with Game Update 2.1! We will have more information on what they are closer to its release.
I seem to recall the same thing being said about the other vendor up there in the VIP section. Pretty much zip there. How about you pass off the original CE items to the VIP vendor, like phasing out the obsoletes.

Ziso
04.25.2013 , 02:33 AM | #186
Best bet of getting the item you want I find is buy the packs, wait for the to become unbound (usually 1 day 16 hours) then sell them unopened on GTN and then buy the item you want.
I used my free pack last month, sold it and bought one of the vehicles I wanted and still was 50k credits up

Wish I took my own advice. Just opened my monthly pack and got:
1 x rare (rare lol) Dallorian Alloy (ill add It to the other few hundred my alt has)
1 Flashpoint XP gain (handy for a level 55)
1 Small Reputation trophy
2 ( Yes 2) Jawagrams
1 Blue companion gift.

Aelther
04.25.2013 , 05:27 AM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilhares View Post
How about you pass off the original CE items to the VIP vendor, like phasing out the obsoletes.
How about No.

Karovd
04.25.2013 , 07:35 AM | #188
135 packs and not a single Than Vesh upper body armor, the only thing I ever wanted in this game - well bioware, you certainly know how to milk people, and I'm just incredibly stupid enough to have fallen for it... I'm THIS close to cancelling my subscription.

Thylbanus
04.25.2013 , 08:42 AM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by Karovd View Post
135 packs and not a single Thana Vesh's upper body armor, the only thing I ever wanted in this game - well bioware, you certainly know how to milk people, and I'm just incredibly stupid enough to have fallen for it... I'm THIS close to cancelling my subscription.
You spent $390 to try to get Thana's armor? I admit, I love it too, but I'll just wait for someone else to get it and buy it off the GTN when the price stabilizes. Don't be mad at EA for your lack of self control.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Karovd
04.25.2013 , 09:01 AM | #190
I said I was stupid, I'm just as mad at myself for that. And good point, guess I'll just sell most of the stuff I got in the packs and hope it'll be enough for the upper body armor when (if) it goes up on the GTN.

LOL - well, I think I've done my part to keep this game afloat:P

Edit: just wanted to apologize to BW if I seemed a little harsh in the earlier post - I was just a little frustrated and needed to vent.