Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roll needs a nerf

LanceCorporalDan
04.24.2013 , 01:22 PM | #41
1 roll takes like what? 1/4 of their energy? doesn't take them very far? can still be stuned and cc'ed?

I see no problem with this.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 01:27 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
1 roll takes like what? 1/4 of their energy? doesn't take them very far? can still be stuned and cc'ed?

I see no problem with this.
roll takes 25 energy, and they can go 24m on a full bar, 48m if they have their probe up (whatever it is called that refills their energy). Spamming roll will get them moving much faster than any other speed boost out there.

The problem is they move so fast out of range (I have had them outdistance me even with me using force speed, and still out of range) that being able to CC or stun them is extremely difficult.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Zunayson
04.24.2013 , 01:29 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
It's about being spammable, stop acting stupid on purpose. Jump and sprint have a CD.
Maul is spammable, then in that case, and chain 6k crits needs a huge nerf. You lose, bro.

roll is fine l2snare
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Seireeni
04.24.2013 , 01:31 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
roll takes 25 energy, and they can go 24m on a full bar, 48m if they have their probe up (whatever it is called that refills their energy). Spamming roll will get them moving much faster than any other speed boost out there.

The problem is they move so fast out of range (I have had them outdistance me even with me using force speed, and still out of range) that being able to CC or stun them is extremely difficult.
My scrapper can use it 6 times in a row thanks to his wh set (gives 5 more energy), scrapper skill tree (reduces cost to 21) and energy reloading during the rolls. However, after this, it takes almost 30 seconds to recover back to full energy.

Coldin
04.24.2013 , 01:31 PM | #45

24 meters. Well within leaping distance. Consider for a moment that the roll does have a cooldown of 1.5 seconds, due to the GCD. So that 24 meters takes 6 seconds. An assassin can cover more than distance during their 2 seconds of sprint.

But, whatever. Clearly it's OP because you weren't able to catch them.

RougeBeaver
04.24.2013 , 01:38 PM | #46
Just make it so ball carriers can't use any kind of movement enhancing ability and can't be Sorc pulled. I'd be all for Huttball being more about strategy and teamwork with well-timed passes, than FOTM facerollers who have the most mobility.

I'd rather not lose the only great ability Scoundrel has gotten in a year just because the bads are whimpering about it.

But hey, if they double the distance it covers, null the energy cost and make us immune to damage for the duration(like 1.5 seconds, try not to cry), sure I can deal with a cooldown then!
The only true profit in this galaxy is freedom.

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 01:44 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by RougeBeaver View Post
I'd rather not lose the only great ability Scoundrel has gotten in a year just because the bads are whimpering about it.!
I am not for taking it away.

Just drop the ball with it.

Simple enough.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Coldin
04.24.2013 , 01:58 PM | #48
I am not for taking it away.

Just drop the ball with it.

Simple enough.
And if roll drops the ball, then every other movement increasing ability should also drop the ball.

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 02:04 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
And if roll drops the ball, then every other movement increasing ability should also drop the ball.
If there is another movement increasing ability that one can spam and still carry the ball then I will gladly have them drop the ball as well. Every other one in the game has a cooldown and/or another requirement to its use.

Every one of them is CCable, interruptable, stunnable, etc. So don't use that as a reason to have roll keep the ball.

Seireeni
04.24.2013 , 02:08 PM | #50
If there is another movement increasing ability that one can spam and still carry the ball then I will gladly have them drop the ball as well. Every other one in the game has a cooldown and/or another requirement to its use.

Every one of them is CCable, interruptable, stunnable, etc. So don't use that as a reason to have roll keep the ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6naA27PoaA

You can spam 2 mara/sentinel speeds in a row and run farther than roll like this.