Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roll needs a nerf

LovarBoy
04.24.2013 , 11:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
It's about being spammable, stop acting stupid on purpose. Jump and sprint have a CD.
And they work different and are far better in use in the end.

Stop crying about the roll, the ability for its cost and use is absolutely fine.

Or let Jump / Pull drop the ball, too.

Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
I'm surprised nobody else has brought this up yet.
Hope this is ironic. There are dozens of threads by frustrated Assasins / Juggernauts, that are no longer the kings.

Seireeni
04.24.2013 , 12:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
It's about being spammable, stop acting stupid on purpose. Jump and sprint have a CD.
You can jump 30m. You can roll 12m. See the difference?

If it's not spammable, it will be lot less useful than the other speedboosts.

Coldin
04.24.2013 , 12:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Not spammable. There is a big difference.
Spammable and has a major energy cost. In the case of huttball, it also only moves the scoundrel 6 meters instead of 12. Gunslingers get their full 18 meters, but that's on a cooldown.

It's not as big of a difference as people like to make it seem.

ML_DoubleTap
04.24.2013 , 12:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LovarBoy View Post
Hope this is ironic. There are dozens of threads by frustrated Assasins / Juggernauts, that are no longer the kings.
'twas
<Proper Villians> Rhees Bonkurz

<Army of Light> Tann'se Siir Atone Askar Grills

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 12:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
You can jump 30m. You can roll 12m. See the difference?

If it's not spammable, it will be lot less useful than the other speedboosts.
The issue isn't the spammableness of it.

It is that it is spammable AND can still carry the ball farther than ANY other ability.

Jump needs to have a target to jump to.
pull needs someone to pull you. (inversely, pulling teh ball carrier into the fire would now drop the ball, just sayin).
Sprint is 4 seconds.

Thats it.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 12:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Spammable and has a major energy cost. In the case of huttball, it also only moves the scoundrel 6 meters instead of 12. Gunslingers get their full 18 meters, but that's on a cooldown.

It's not as big of a difference as people like to make it seem.
Actually it is. I completed a number of huttballs where the scoundrel rolled pretty much from the first firepit on the lower level, all the way to the end zone in a matter of seconds, taking no damage in the fire, all teh way to the goal and scoring.

Not once.. but 5 times.

and just so you know, even at 6m, if the scoundrel has full energy and probe on cooldown, they can roll 8 times. That is 48m. In a matter of seconds.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Purple-Punch
04.24.2013 , 12:16 PM | #17
Not spammable. There is a big difference.
? So, being in the pit, you can roll to the goal line?

You can certainly jump to the goal line .. nerf it ..

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 12:18 PM | #18
Oh and for those who said to drop ball if you leap or get pulled... go for it. Take them away. And reduce the cooldown of them while you are at it too.

no spammable ability that can move you half the field distance in a few seconds should be able to carry the ball.

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 12:18 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple-Punch View Post
? So, being in the pit, you can roll to the goal line?

You can certainly jump to the goal line .. nerf it ..
Roll along the platforms FTW. Seen it happen a LOT. I don't believe I ever said rolling in the pit.

LovarBoy
04.24.2013 , 12:19 PM | #20
Okay, Force Speed should drop the ball, too - I forgot to mention it.

Roll along the platforms FTW. Seen it happen a LOT. I don't believe I ever said rolling in the pit.
Yeah and that's a difference relating to Jump. You can jump vertically. You can't roll up and down in the air.