Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So you added same-sex romance options, great. But wait, there isn't also an opposite

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So you added same-sex romance options, great. But wait, there isn't also an opposite

Toat's Avatar


Toat
04.24.2013 , 11:55 AM | #1
opposite sex romance option? You're kidding right. I'm beggining to think that Bioware can do nothing right, which they seem to be proving over and over again that they are just in way over their head with this MMO business.

Can someone help me to not view this "expansion" like such a piece of crap?

The Zimco Legacy
CE

murshawursha's Avatar


murshawursha
04.24.2013 , 12:05 PM | #2
Uhm... There were already plenty of existing heterosexual romances in the game, and no need to add another one?

Toat's Avatar


Toat
04.24.2013 , 12:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by murshawursha View Post
Uhm... There were already plenty of existing heterosexual romances in the game, and no need to add another one?
It's supposed to be an expansion. That means an expansion to the entire game and 5 more levels. I.E. a chance for 50s sitting at level cap since launch to experience new story content, yet it contains only same-sex and not opposite-sex romance options? How is this not mind-blowing?

The Zimco Legacy
CE

stuffystuffs's Avatar


stuffystuffs
04.24.2013 , 12:12 PM | #4
There are new opposite sex romance options/flirts...they are just faction/gender specific.
Node guarder

murshawursha's Avatar


murshawursha
04.24.2013 , 12:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Toat View Post
It's supposed to be an expansion. That means an expansion to the entire game and 5 more levels. I.E. a chance for 50s sitting at level cap since launch to experience new story content, yet it contains only same-sex and not opposite-sex romance options? How is this not mind-blowing?
If a couple of lame flirt options and a fade-to-black kiss (if even) are your main incentives for buying the expansion, you may want to re-assess your priorities.

Bottom line is that the game was already choc full of in-depth OGRs in the form of companions, so adding another one wasn't a pressing need. The pro-SGR people didn't have anything, and Bioware finally threw them a bone.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
04.24.2013 , 12:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Toat View Post
It's supposed to be an expansion. That means an expansion to the entire game and 5 more levels. I.E. a chance for 50s sitting at level cap since launch to experience new story content, yet it contains only same-sex and not opposite-sex romance options? How is this not mind-blowing?
But how unfair, poor you.... You've had OGRs since launch, with companions, for all classes and some of them, more than one option. Bunch of OGR flirts pretty much in any planet you step on. Yeah, you are being neglected and ignored. You should feel rightfuly outraged.

Toat's Avatar


Toat
04.24.2013 , 12:51 PM | #7
I guess I'm more mad that it's not actually an expansion but just a content patch that they're charging for.

The Zimco Legacy
CE

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
04.24.2013 , 12:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Toat View Post
I guess I'm more mad that it's not actually an expansion but just a content patch that they're charging for.
And so you take it out on the under-represented group that were attacked by posters on this forum for wanting content that Bioware and EA had provided in previous games?

Toat's Avatar


Toat
04.24.2013 , 01:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
And so you take it out on the under-represented group that were attacked by posters on this forum for wanting content that Bioware and EA had provided in previous games?
What? No. Stop pretending to be victimized. I'm extremely gay friendly, but I think it should be equal.
I don't buy the argument that just because the first version of the game had only opposite-sex romance that it's ok that a new content patch has only same-sex romance, the goal should be for content to have both.

The Zimco Legacy
CE

stuffystuffs's Avatar


stuffystuffs
04.24.2013 , 01:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Toat View Post
I guess I'm more mad that it's not actually an expansion but just a content patch that they're charging for.
I would call it an expansion (5 new levels plus whole new planet storyline).

I guess I'm confused by the issue: are you arguing that it's not because there aren't enough opposite-sex romance options for you (even though they did add some)? Or is it something else that's lacking?

Quote: Originally Posted by Toat View Post
I don't buy the argument that just because the first version of the game had only opposite-sex romance that it's ok that a new content patch has only same-sex romance,
Except, that's not true.

Quote: Originally Posted by Toat View Post
the goal should be for content to have both.
It does.
Node guarder