Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Elite comms for heroic space missions

Biscuitt
04.24.2013 , 09:47 AM | #1
This is so stupid I can't begin to fathom the moron who came up with this idea. People will no longer ever have any reason to play any space missions after they hit 55.

Congrats in making space, once again, completely IRRELEVANT to this game. Completely stupid.

odeath
04.24.2013 , 10:28 AM | #2
not to mention the cost of grade 7 space gear. Perhaps it is time to make all grade 7 schematics available to cyber-techs and the materials changed to things that are available pre 55. having the gear that is useless to a 55 require components only available in ops makes little sense.
Also taking away the credit awards for space mission bonuses? Why should we attempt to kill the elite ships, destroy the frigates, or any of those extras once the achievement is granted. Lowering the credit rewards for space missions was understandable but they should still award some credits for accomplishing things. At this time the only way to earn credits effectively is black hole. level 50-55 costs about 400k more than you earn leveling on makeb. I use to fly my daily space missions for that. now its not worth the time needed to do so.

Reynaga
04.24.2013 , 10:49 AM | #3
Basically, its what was said above.

I am an avid supporter of the space missions, I like them and they are distracting. I have ten toons with all the ship 7 parts.

What they have done over the past month just pisses me off. The 2.0 patch notes stated that they were removing the monetary reward from doing space missions and increasing the amount awarded by completing the daily, it did not say that they were removing the reward from completing bonus missions. I used to make 12-18k credits and now I make 10k and spend 600 just to be able to do the damn mission.

That was strike one.

Now they took away the elite comms that I earned from the space missions. I want to know why. Why they keep removing incentives from doing space missions. Will they eventually make it so bad that there will be no incentive to play a space mission? I have 6000/10000 fleet comms, and nothing to spend it on.

Strike two.

Why are you guys punishing the people who do space missions so much? I hope this was just someone's shortsightedness that will be rectified.
The Korbin Legacy B.C.
"When fighting monsters, one must take care not to become a monster themselves." F. N.

Simbr
04.24.2013 , 11:29 AM | #4
Agree this is supposed to be 'STAR' Wars. Space should have kept these rewards, space should be a major part of this game anyway and not just a mini game that has become even more pointless.

I guess they wanted to cater to the small minority of super nerds that think rewards should only be given to no lifer raiders.

Vehement
04.24.2013 , 11:51 AM | #5
The 'Basic Comm increase' went up to three.

So in other words, you do a space mission...you get space comms, which are completely worthless at this time, and three Basic Comms.

I'm done with Space Missions. Grats Bioware...you made more people lose more interest in your product.
Darth Vehementt
Guild Leader
Vengeful Malice

We are looking for new members!! Find out more here!

Beddlam
04.25.2013 , 09:09 AM | #6
Really disappointing that this went through. I mean, 16 elite comms a week was too much? I outgeared basic comms within half a week of hitting 55. Those elite comms were just enough incentive to keep he doing the heroic space missions. I like those missions and think they are really well designed, but with all the other possible things to do with my limited play time, it's hard to do them when there is no substantial in-game reward.

RandomXChance
04.25.2013 , 09:55 AM | #7
Exactly. I fail to understand what they are doing here. I used to run the Heroic space missions on five characters and now have no reason to do so.

First they nerf the credit rewards.

Second, with 2.0 there is nothing worthwhile to spend our fleet comms on. Grade 8 crafting mat boxes and space suits?

Third they remove the 2 elite comm reward. You get a reward of 2 elite comms for bosses on HM 55 FP. You get a maximum of 2/day from the space missions, but can grind FP all day for elite comms. The space missions needed to have the elite comms removed!?!?

Asavrede
04.25.2013 , 10:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Biscuitt View Post
This is so stupid I can't begin to fathom the moron who came up with this idea. People will no longer ever have any reason to play any space missions after they hit 55.

Congrats in making space, once again, completely IRRELEVANT to this game. Completely stupid.
This. It's not like 2 comms for a mission was completely breaking elite progression, it just gave people an actual solo avenue to get these items. Items that are not even top of the line.

In short, elite comms gave people a reason to bother with heroic space missions at all - once you are level 55 and no longer need the xp, there is now zero reason to do these. Irrelevant content is a really good way to put it.

If it is left this way, the fleet comms vendor needs MAJOR upgrades.

tortcat
04.25.2013 , 11:24 AM | #9
Would be nice for an official reponse to ANY of the threads on this explaining the logic behind this.

very poor move imho.

Fubarq
04.25.2013 , 03:21 PM | #10
Agreed. This is a terrible result for those of us that use Space Missions to help us gear up, however slowly.