Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic space, no elite comms?!

JoseWan
04.24.2013 , 07:54 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
You have just answered your own question...

Prior to 2.0 BH gear was two tiers lower than the best (campaign and dread guard were "better"), so awarding BH comms back then is the same as awarding basic comms now.
Before:
Black Hole and Campaing are level 61 pieces (Campaing gives bonus set)
Hazmat and Dread Guard are level 63 pieces (Dread Guard gives bonus set)

Now:
Black Market and Arkanian are level 69 pieces (Arkanian gives bonus set)
Verpine and Underground are level 72 pieces (Underground gives bonus set)

So Black Maket, which you get with elite comms, is the new Black Hole.

Doel
04.24.2013 , 08:11 AM | #22
Absolutely disappointed with this as well.

I don't do OPs at all, and so far the space stuff was at least giving me the chance to collect a few of these comms.
After all the hits the space missions got lately and now removing these rewards, I don't see any reason to fly them anymore at all. So far we can't even trade in marks for new crafting box stuff etc.

Well, I spent 3x cartel coins on the shop to get my two toons equipped, bought and crafted the rest of the ship's gear. Guess I should have saved my money and time for something else

PariahMessiah
04.24.2013 , 08:18 AM | #23
Well there has also been a shift in design philosophy between 1.7 and now. For example you could craft BiS PVE gear allowing for a robust GTN market at endgame. Tionese was literally handed out for free and columi wasn't too difficult to earn.

Now you cannot obtain your set bonus without raiding and some of the better itemized enhancements are only on token pieces and unobtainable with comms (Really not looking forward to having to get 3-4 sets of boots to get 1 part and throw the rest away.)

_DarkTemplar_
04.24.2013 , 08:39 AM | #24
Guys, aren't you used to these "headless chicken" decisions that are taking place in spite of players complaints or desires? I also used to do all the heroic space missions but ofc now I will stop doing them as its not worth the effort. I can't raid with all my level 55 toons because it will be the end of my "real life" so these were sort of an "addicted small dose" to get few decent comms. All we can seem to do is "smile and wave" and say thank you BW for your "wisdom"

LarryRow
04.24.2013 , 10:32 AM | #25
I rather enjoy my daily heroic space mission, and I will probably continue to do them with the assumption that Bioware will eventually put something worthwhile on the fleet comms vendor, like top grade crafting mats.

Because, as we all know, there is nothing actually useful on there now.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

odeath
04.24.2013 , 10:38 AM | #26
I will add my support to this thread as well. I think though that they need to make all grade 7 space gear player craft-able with no group event components required. If space missions are just a pre end game experience they should not require end game components to fly. I would be happy only flying these on level 50-54 alts and ignoring them at 55 if they didn't cost hundreds of cartel coins or classic coms for the ship parts.
At least give us the credit rewards back for space bonus missions so I don't have to spend every day in the black hole.

Darevsool
04.24.2013 , 10:39 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I rather enjoy my daily heroic space mission, and I will probably continue to do them with the assumption that Bioware will eventually put something worthwhile on the fleet comms vendor, like top grade crafting mats.

There's no reason to think that any new crafting material will be implemented. The ONLY reason (I suspect) that the Grade 8 crafting materials that are currently there, are there, is because of the craftable Tier 7 spaceship and those mats are required to make them.

At the moment, no space related items require the new high end exotic materials.
2nd wave early access (December 13, 2011) Original CE owner
Former (final) Testing Player Senator for Star Wars Galaxies

Frog_brains
04.24.2013 , 10:46 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post

i hope there is something like that coming in a s well, i mean the fleet commendation cap now is at 10k, which is a huge number. For right now there's nothing really on the space vendor worth spending coms on. at least before we could buy the lockbox with the chance to get mol stabs. but now nothing.

I wouldn't mind if they took the elite coms away from the dailies but if you'd at least keep them for the weekly, and make it a 3 or 4 mission string. Then you could see yourself "earning" the coms. As of right now i'll keep doing them to grind the coms in hope that they will be relevent again sometime in the future.

Vehement
04.24.2013 , 11:54 AM | #29
I said it before, I'll say it here.

Congratulations Bioware, you are making your customers lose more and more interest in your product when you strip away things they enjoy with nothing in place for them.
Darth Vehementt
HOLOCRON

That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

ThePrae
04.24.2013 , 03:45 PM | #30
Very disappointed in this change. Not only did they take away elite comms (which as mentioned earlier already required 2x the amount to buy anything in 2.0) but the basic comms update was increased to 3. REALLY the big increase was to 3!?? Also I have 3k comms between 2 characters and have nothing of any use to use them on.

If you take the time to make changes that annoy people how about you fix a couple of things like the space achievements or the fact that biochem gathers crafting material that isn't used in any schematic (sorry for the deviation to biochem there).

The gist of my post, I enjoy space missions but now find them next to worthless.