Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fixing Your FPS: A Comprehensive Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Fixing Your FPS: A Comprehensive Guide

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MorbidSouls
04.21.2013 , 06:00 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediJonesJr View Post
Thank you for this thread I would like to see this made a sticky at least the player base cares enough to assist others shame the company we pay seems they don't.

good work.
Yeh man exactly, cheers.

LordMilitus
04.24.2013 , 10:20 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MorbidSouls View Post
My friend who was running the game on a worse laptop with integrated graphics was getting smoother gameplay than me, so i experimented and decided to run the game using in Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics instead of my Nvidia Geforce 525M 1GB dedicated graphics on the laptop, and i got a massive difference in performance, PvP Warzone's were allot smoother and general combat far better.

It seems to me more of a problem with Bioware not fully optimizing graphics card or some not performing to full capacity with the game because in theory my dedicated card should be far superior to my intel integrated one but the results in SWTOR do not show that.
Any way I can do this, I don't know enough of all that to do it: You've seen my specs in my thread, I can relink it if you want.

MSchuyler
05.01.2013 , 01:50 PM | #23
Excellent information. One general question:

What is a reasonable fps to shoot for? Is there are range one ought to be expecting or shooting for beyond which is a matter of diminishing returns?

MorbidSouls
05.04.2013 , 10:42 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMilitus View Post
Any way I can do this, I don't know enough of all that to do it: You've seen my specs in my thread, I can relink it if you want.
If you have an integrated Intel card for example, and have your driver downloaded, you can right click on star wars and "Run with graphics processor" and choose the Integrated Card.

MorbidSouls
05.04.2013 , 10:47 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
Excellent information. One general question:

What is a reasonable fps to shoot for? Is there are range one ought to be expecting or shooting for beyond which is a matter of diminishing returns?
Ideally you wanna be shooting for a steady 60 fps, but realistically if you can achieve a steady 30fps for a game like star wars your doing alright. In normal pve you can easily achieve 30-60fps, the problem comes in combat with PvP and operations for example. In PvP if you can get a steady 30 fps your doing really good for ureself :P

Dzsedimester
05.05.2013 , 04:48 PM | #26
Hi there!

So I have tried everything you listed in this topic with no luck unfortunately.

So my problem is when i'm in combat in OPS or PVP my fps is below 30 at times and I have seen 15 when fighting against Titan 6 in S&V.

So this is my spec
AMD FX6300 running on 3,8 GHZ
CORSAIR Vengeance 8gb 1600 MHZ
AMD HD7850 2gb OC edition

I just don't know what to do, maybe if some1 has the same spec as me and could help me that'd great!

MorbidSouls
05.05.2013 , 05:17 PM | #27
That does not even seem possible with ure spec man, does turning down ure graphics quality improve your fps at all?

And you have tried everything that i have listed?

Did any of those things i mentioned in the first post improve your fps at all?

MSchuyler
05.05.2013 , 07:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MorbidSouls View Post
Ideally you wanna be shooting for a steady 60 fps, but realistically if you can achieve a steady 30fps for a game like star wars your doing alright. In normal pve you can easily achieve 30-60fps, the problem comes in combat with PvP and operations for example. In PvP if you can get a steady 30 fps your doing really good for ureself :P
Thanks for your reply. My FPS usually ranges from 90 to 110, so I guess I won't be complaining any time soon!

MorbidSouls
05.06.2013 , 04:46 AM | #29
Lol ye, out of curiosity what spec are you running with, cause some people with top rigs are experiencing big fps dips, so will be good to find out what your rig is, mainly graphics card, cause as i said there's seems to be a problem mainly with Bioware not fully optimizing certain graphics cards.

Dzsedimester
05.06.2013 , 05:13 AM | #30
Yes i have tried everything you mentioned and i always hoped for improvements, but in combat when i'm in ops or pvp it was just not good. Now i'm giving another shot to swtor unleashed and I'll inform you about the results if i did any ops or pvp