Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chosen one: Luke, or anakin?

The_Grand_Nagus
12.21.2011 , 01:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Thinking about it now, by the time of ROTJ...theres still imbalance all through the movie. At the start, it starts out as 2 jedi and 2 sith but then 1 jedi dies so now its 1 jedi and 2 sith. But then at the end, there are 2 jedi and 0 sith but one jedi dies so theres only 1 jedi and no sith.
When it comes to the Force balance is not about numbers, it is about the natural state of the Force. The Jedi are servants of the Force while the Sith bend the Force to their will. To put it in RL terms when your body gets a virus you could say that it has become out of balance. The Sith are like a virus that has to be removed before balance can be restored. The Jedi could be likened to the white blood cells that serve the body and help restore balance.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

hlbarr
12.21.2011 , 01:26 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Szazi View Post
Anakin pratically killed the emperor by helping Luke from the Emperor.

Luke was just there to pull Anakin from Dark side to the Light.

Luke never had a chance to kill the emperor, remember the emperor basically killed 2 jedi masters under 1 minute (he lost to Mindu though).

Anakin was the Chosen one.
The Emperor losing to Windu is one of the thing many people say but i believe is wrong. The Emperor was just playing with Windu. He wanted Anakin to see him as a feeble man that needs saving. Anakins final step to turning dark side was killing Mace Windu, which was all a part of Palpatines plan.

Rhyltran
12.21.2011 , 03:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Dark Side itself(The entire thing) causes imbalance. Any Practicioner of the Dark Side causes Imbalance. According to Lucas. Light Side is Balance. Dark Side causes Imbalance. If there was only Light Side, everything would be balance.

Does that make sense?

Any presence of the Dark, Numbers matter not, just the presence of the Dark Side causes imbalance.

I'm not good at explaining things.

And the EU messes it up, there really is no chosen one in EU.
No. A lot of people say that but there's no quote stating it. George Lucas has gone on record to say that the Sith throw balance out of whack. A rumor went around for awhile that I, admittedly, believed in which Lucas stated the Dark Side is a cancer in the force. People sourced Bill Moyers and the Mythology of Star Wars. Niarcromon brought it to my attention that this isn't true. I went on to watch it myself and nowhere does Lucas state that. So it seems the only thing that throws it out of balance is the Sith themselves which makes sense considering the various dark side cults don't attempt to conquer the galaxy and pretty much do their own thing on their own worlds.

I could be wrong on this but I've never seen an actual source where Lucas states outright that the Dark Side itself is imbalanced.

lloydsidious
12.21.2011 , 06:34 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Szazi View Post
Anakin pratically killed the emperor by helping Luke from the Emperor.

Luke was just there to pull Anakin from Dark side to the Light.

Luke never had a chance to kill the emperor, remember the emperor basically killed 2 jedi masters under 1 minute (he lost to Mindu though).

Anakin was the Chosen one.
Agreed

SammyRath
12.21.2011 , 07:01 AM | #15
Quote:
The Emperor losing to Windu is one of the thing many people say but i believe is wrong. The Emperor was just playing with Windu. He wanted Anakin to see him as a feeble man that needs saving. Anakins final step to turning dark side was killing Mace Windu, which was all a part of Palpatines plan.
I can't remember exactly where, maybe a DVD feature, but Lucas said that the Emperor did actually loose to Windu in the Lightsaber fight. And I think Mace was the only person in the Galaxy capable of doing that.
Force wise Sidious beats everyone else. Even Yoda.

To answer the original question: Anakin was the Chosen one. I genuinely don't understand the complexity to this question. He killed Darth Sidious, the last of the Sith, ergo, The Chosen one.

StarTale
12.21.2011 , 07:40 AM | #16
Without dark there is no light. There will always be dark and light regardless. Technically there were other jedi and potential sith still alive throughout all the movies just maybe not trained or known. Bringing balance just meant killing the emperor who was looking to eradicate the light side which would bring imbalance. If there was just light side then it would technically be imbalanced as well. It's really a silly topic if you ask me.

MogCarns
12.21.2011 , 10:45 AM | #17
Balance is not equal numbers of each. "Balance to the Force" is the destruction of the Sith. In the prequels, the Jedi thought that the Chosen One would be a great Jedi Warrior whom took on and killed both Sith. They were mistaken.

The Sith were not destroyed at the end of the SWTOR timeline, and someone brought them back prior to the prequels. A few Sith escaped, and kept the Master/Apprentice roles. If you killed one, the other became the master, or took on a new apprentice.

Anakin killed the Emperor, his Master. He did not take on a new Apprentice. He died as well.

In doing so, he brought balance to the Force.

Nole_Man
12.21.2011 , 11:59 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreamsinger View Post
ANakin is, because he brought literal balance to the force, 2 sith and 2 jedi. The the other Jedi in the books are second tier cannon, in other words cannon for the books, not cannon for George Lucas. Luke is merely Anakin's very whiney offspring.
Anakin proved the idiocy in the Jedi way of thinking. For all their wisdom, not one of the Council members stopped to say, 'hey, has anyone noticed the balance is WAY in our favor? There are thousands of us, we basically do what we want, and there might be like one Sith guy somewhere, maybe. Why would we want to make it even??'

but no. And the rest is history.

DarthDukem
12.21.2011 , 12:01 PM | #19
Ani is my choice! You can tell by the graphics Plus, he saved the Jedi.

Neothanos
12.21.2011 , 12:07 PM | #20
Both really father and son had tied together destines and fullfilled the chosen prophesy.