Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seeker Droid...how does it work?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Seeker Droid...how does it work?

Hockaday
04.23.2013 , 05:14 PM | #1
Specifically one part. I get how it works, but a friend and I are having a debate. I believe the sonar pulse indicates the direction of an object from the -droid- not the player. I've found quite a few purples this way; she, however, believes that it's from the player. Which to me makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Could we get some clarification on this?
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Shingara
04.23.2013 , 05:18 PM | #2
its from the player not the droid, you can sometimes get it going off in different directions but that just becuase it may pick up something better whilst your looking for the original thing. I also think loot is shared across phases so if someone is where you are but in a different phase then that loot can disapear. I could be wrong on the latter though.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Hockaday
04.23.2013 , 06:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
its from the player not the droid, you can sometimes get it going off in different directions but that just becuase it may pick up something better whilst your looking for the original thing. I also think loot is shared across phases so if someone is where you are but in a different phase then that loot can disapear. I could be wrong on the latter though.
Is this confirmed? because I've found 5 dreadseed pieces, she has found 0 star forager. My purples much out weigh hers, and she has done it -much- longer than I have.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Shingara
04.23.2013 , 06:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
Is this confirmed? because I've found 5 dreadseed pieces, she has found 0 star forager. My purples much out weigh hers, and she has done it -much- longer than I have.
Finding purples is pure luck on where your stood, you could be stood 15 feet away from someone and both of you have it showing you togo in the same direction. One of you could pick up a motor the other a blue peice of armour. Its total rng.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

elitenz
04.23.2013 , 06:46 PM | #5
3 Hours and counting I still can't get the seed on Balmorra lol

Hockaday
04.23.2013 , 07:47 PM | #6
Finding purples is pure luck on where your stood, you could be stood 15 feet away from someone and both of you have it showing you togo in the same direction. One of you could pick up a motor the other a blue peice of armour. Its total rng.
Not what I meant, Just in general. That and purple pieces spawn in the same location.

Hockaday
04.23.2013 , 07:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
3 Hours and counting I still can't get the seed on Balmorra lol
Ouch lol, longest a seed took me was 10 mins.

Kadin
04.24.2013 , 02:41 AM | #8
My friend and I were having the same debate and this is the solution we came to: When we drop the droid scanner, we immediately run into the inner glowing brackets within the circle and then move from there in whatever direction. This way whether it's from us or the droid... it's the exact same.

Shoogli
04.24.2013 , 02:53 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
My friend and I were having the same debate and this is the solution we came to: When we drop the droid scanner, we immediately run into the inner glowing brackets within the circle and then move from there in whatever direction. This way whether it's from us or the droid... it's the exact same.
That's what am doing as well !

That said, today I was in an area and i got a green after-pulse, I did a dig and found nothing like literrally 2 feet away from the after-pulse, *without* moving, found nothing (am ok with that) and then the after-pulse showed red (am not ok with that)... It was early in the morning on Alderaan, there was no other instance.

What was odd as well was I was riding from a place to another and got the message this was an area to dig but when I used the binoculars : there were absolutely no floating treasure icon overhead, and I tried not only in one spot in that area. I also found odd that this area began south-east of Glarus bridge in front of a republic base and went so far as to the next sub zone (where Glarus bridge is, with the Rist bombers underneath)... i did find a few mods, a couple greens and blues, and a few grays...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

aarontyler
04.24.2013 , 07:41 AM | #10
I would actually have to disagree. I believe it's from the probe's dig site. It makes little sense the proximity would be from the player to me. Wouldn't it make more sense it was from the actual dig site? I have been using the seeker thinking this, and dig stuff up all the time. Many vehicle parts, the full Dread armor set etc.. I could be wrong, but something tells me it's the dig site, and not the player's location.