Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why remove elite comms from heroic space?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why remove elite comms from heroic space?

uziforyou
04.23.2013 , 09:24 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I have no problem with this. Elite comms are super easy to get as it is and cap is so low you don't need to grind space missions to get them. If the weekly cap were 300 I might care about them taking the comms from space missions, but since it's not and I'm usually capped by Friday I don't see the point in space missions having them. I stopped doing them first week of 2.0 anyway. They're useless again. Fleet comms don't give anything worth while either, not even a grade 9 crafting box.
Wow, you guys have way too much time on your hands.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

TUXs
04.23.2013 , 09:30 AM | #22
Probably because space is terribly easy to afk and bot. People have been exploiting the pathetic space game since launch.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Levity
04.23.2013 , 09:38 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
I play casually and I was capped by Friday on elite comms and I work, go to school, do date night with gf, go to the gym. Full life and I easily cap by Friday.

Warrgames
04.23.2013 , 09:45 AM | #24
Raise the credits to do the Heroic Space Mission + Lower the credits to complete the space mission. (you can claim that you didn't all you want. You use to get credits for completing the bonus mission during the heroic and now you don't.) + Remove elite comms = Heroic Space Mission a huge waste of time.

tortcat
04.23.2013 , 10:10 AM | #25
Im a working mom and can really only play thurs-sat nights. So for me I enjoyed the fact I could run the space missions and get a few elites...after all they are "heroic". What is the point of having a "heroic" if it does not give some type of heroic reward?

Thats my 2 cents anyhow

Arlon_Nabarlly
04.23.2013 , 10:40 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
If you raid on Tuesday like my guild does and clear 1 or 2 story mode ops, get the weekly reward for ops, and at least your flashpoint daily, that's a lot on the very first day. Then by the time you do your 2 more daily's to get the weekly flashpoint you're pretty much capped.

Too much time on my hands was when I was vacation when early access started and running HM FPs over and over to gear. I capped on my main 1st day of early access.

KostonxEld
04.23.2013 , 01:08 PM | #27
Ya elite comms were appropriate for these supposed HEROIC missions. If its people afk botting them that's another issue BW has to address, but keep things as they are.

If this change goes in there isn't another reason to do these missions anymore
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

tortcat
04.23.2013 , 01:14 PM | #28
Keep in ,ind that since the heroic's inception they always gave a few of the BEST currently available comms...at that time Black Hole.

The best available now are not elite but ultimate.

Basic comms equate to dailies...so if they are going to be downgraded to "daily" reward...the lets make them repeatable daily?

Or just leave them alone as its the onoly real reason to do them for the most part. ( imho)

Exastify
04.23.2013 , 01:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by KostonxEld View Post
Ya elite comms were appropriate for these supposed HEROIC missions. If its people afk botting them that's another issue BW has to address, but keep things as they are.

If this change goes in there isn't another reason to do these missions anymore
Heroic quests don't give out elite comms

Space missions are now pretty much dailies. Basic comms, some cash, some rep.

LetoAtreidesII
04.23.2013 , 01:22 PM | #30
No point to doing Heroic Space Missions if they remove elite comms. You get tons of basic comms from other sources. It made sense for them to give elite comms - they aren't the best comms (ultimate comms are), they're the second best comms. HSM's will become just another crappy daily if they remove elite comms.

At least tell us why you are removing them. If the reason is botting, then please tell us that you'll reintroduce elite comms after you add some random elements to space missions to counter botting.