Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3 strikes and you're out!

JnEricsonx
04.23.2013 , 01:33 AM | #1
Ok, I learned quickly in this game the value of the 60 second stun powers, and how to give targets of them a wide berth, and especially ignore AOEs. So why is it, 3 groups in a row, I keep saying don't touch this target like Chris Matthews is gonna bust through your monitor, and still, they keep doing it? I mean, again, by level 20 I understood this concept, and very rarely do I hit those disabled, and hell, this time I was the one doing the mezzing, cause I was the tank! Which of course is the second rule, IMHO-wait till the tank starts beating on someone, then join in. Too late at night, and Im too old to babysit, heh.

Archaell
04.23.2013 , 01:40 AM | #2
Yeah quite amazed how many people dont understand the concept of not hitting the CCed target...
I often give people scares in FPs when I use my AOEs when there are CCed targets but I got a good grasp what the range is of my AoE so I dont break up the CCs...that is quite fun to do btw haha...

But soooo many dont grasp this concept!

But yeah...not a lot you can do about it Im afraid.

Astarica
04.23.2013 , 01:51 AM | #3
My guess is that a lot of people think a mob trapped in a whirlwind or whatever means 'time to hit this guy because he can't fight back!'

Atramar
04.23.2013 , 04:20 AM | #4
probably most people got used to out gear by miles flash point content, or being carried by over geared tank,healer or one good dps who can do outstanding dps so their weak dps is nullified.
you just see the difference in dpsers when one group LI hm lorric goes phase 2 right after second kolto tank (never saw 1 kolto tank tho) and few seconds later you run torwards the doors, and next pug run, you see them strugling for 5 kolto tanks, and then you know that burn phase will be 'fun' to heal..
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

LarryRow
04.23.2013 , 06:58 AM | #5
"Shrap bomb/Explosive round is part of my rotation! I cannot do leet dps without it, so I will use it on that darned Hunter Creeper Droid, so he dies real quick and everyone /cheers me. It can't possibly have bad consequences for the cc'ed technicians right next to him, can it?"
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

JouerTue
04.23.2013 , 08:53 AM | #6
i remember a run in EC where you face 6 or so mobs right before zorn and toth, a guy force sweeps in the middle of 4 cc'ed mobs--->wipe.
if it is one and you compensate taunting or putting it down fast there aren't problems but you can cause trouble to everyone.
i agree with the issue of people used to being overgeared for HM FP..love the new ones!

Never_Hesitate
04.23.2013 , 09:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
i remember a run in EC where you face 6 or so mobs right before zorn and toth, a guy force sweeps in the middle of 4 cc'ed mobs--->wipe.
if it is one and you compensate taunting or putting it down fast there aren't problems but you can cause trouble to everyone.
i agree with the issue of people used to being overgeared for HM FP..love the new ones!
I remember a ec sm run where someone got kicked back in exactly this mob group and pulled zorn and toth.
we had tons of fun and brought them down ^^

(I know it was only sm but two of us didn't know the bosses)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Acaulescent
04.23.2013 , 12:10 PM | #8
Now way, cc breakers are the best kind of players. Especially Inquisitors who come in and do that aoe knockback immediately after I do my aoe taunt when try to hold the mobs together for aoe attacks. Those guys/gals are the bestest!
Lieutenant Commander Acaulescent
The Imperial Guard

http://www.imperialguard.org

PhoenixFyrelO
04.23.2013 , 12:23 PM | #9
You should have seen us doing 16 man Olok the Shadow. So many marauders breaking CC with Derp Saber Throw.
<Memories of Xendor>
Prophecy of the Five

paowee
04.23.2013 , 01:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
My guess is that a lot of people think a mob trapped in a whirlwind or whatever means 'time to hit this guy because he can't fight back!'
Rofl! This happened when i was on my sorc healer for Group finder Explosive conflict. an extra pack of mobs were aggroed by accident so i proceeded to cast whirlwind on one of those battlemaster guys. there were plenty of gold and weaker adds running around. the battlemaster was spinning around for a good 2 seconds and then the mercenary beside me started casting tracer missile. The projectile flew out and and i slooowly saw it flying to the direction of my cc'd battlemaster . Not only that he continued to blast the said battlemaster all by himself... rockets versus bullets... through out the fight! He was so determined it actually made me lol in the end. The group was finished clearing up the gold mobs and he was still battling the battlemaster 1v1 by himself >_<. That PUG only lasted about 2 attempts into Story mode firebrand and stormcaller
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records