Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic space, no elite comms?!

KostonxEld
04.22.2013 , 09:34 PM | #1
Stated in the, soon to be, 2.0.1 patch notes!!

Heroic Space Combat missions no longer reward Elite Commendations.
Increased the number of Basic Commendations rewarded by Heroic Space Combat missions.

Why this change? The missions already give WAY less credits than they used to, now you are taking te elite comms away?! What is the point to do these now? Basic comms are SO easy to get on makeb!!! Why remove the only good thing left to these heroic space missions?!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Fubarq
04.23.2013 , 06:06 AM | #2
I just read this and I have to say I am very upset about this as well.

Before 2.0, Heroic Space Combat awarded Black Hole Comms every day. It was a very viable way for those of us that don't necessarily have time to raid or do FPs every day to fit in a couple missions here and there and be able to obtain, albeit quite slowly, gear that was one tier down from the top gear.

By eliminating the Elite Comm rewards for these missions and make them Basic-Comm only, now Space Combat players will only be able to get gear that is 2 tiers down from the top, and frankly that is gear that is extremely easily and quickly obtained through other means.

I believe this is a bad mistake on the developers' part, and will lead to people no longer doing Space Missions. I will not be doing them anymore, and I was a dedicated, daily Space Mission player as my posts in other threads show.

Bioware, please re-consider this change, as it is an unnecessary nerf to one of the game's areas that is really enjoyed by those that play it.

Fubarq
04.23.2013 , 06:21 AM | #3
By the way, as a follow-up to my message above, the Comm rewards for doing these missions had already been basically cut in half (or less) in 2.0, since they only rewarded TWO elite comms per mission, and more than double the number of Elite Comms are needed for pieces, as compared with their Black Hole predecessors, so this was already a grind that was going to be twice as long for those of us that used it to get that second tier gear.

Really no idea why this needed to be taken away from us

LarryRow
04.23.2013 , 07:00 AM | #4
It's crazy easy to hit your weekly cap on elite comms anyway.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Schvin
04.23.2013 , 07:22 AM | #5
Ditto everything Fubarq said:
The upgrade from BH to Elite Comms was an excellent addition to 2.0 *in the absence of any additional space missions*
Removing them is unnecessary and capricious.

To those who say it's unfair for those who don't play the space game: Operations comms and gear benefit only those who play the Ops game.

Bioware, please let us have a little choice in how we play your game. Limiting the paths to success doesn't broaden your customer base. Just the opposite, in fact.

Fubarq
04.23.2013 , 07:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
It's crazy easy to hit your weekly cap on elite comms anyway.
I don't see how this post is productive or how it addresses our concerns. For those of us that do not have time for Operations or regular Flashpoints, it is NOT crazy easy to hit the weekly cap on elite comms. That is the whole point we are raising here.

Acaulescent
04.23.2013 , 12:06 PM | #7
I was pretty happy we got Elite Comms with the heroic space missions. It was the main reward for doing them. Fleet comms are worthless and basic comms... meh. But the Elite Comms were nice. Those made it worth doing space combat.

Now that they're gone, I have no desire to do Space Combat anymore. Bioware, you put all this work into SC only to make it worthless to even bother with. I personally enjoy SC but now, it just seems like a waste of time. Maybe if I'm extremely bored and want a few easily measly credits I'll consider SC. But it won't be the first thing I do when I log in anymore.

Bring Back Elite Comms!
Lieutenant Commander Acaulescent
The Imperial Guard

http://www.imperialguard.org

PariahMessiah
04.23.2013 , 12:29 PM | #8
Because folks are slamming hard into the elite comm cap as it is. Finished TFB last week handed in the quest and my elite comm reward was reduced from 20 to 0.

Ziso
04.23.2013 , 12:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Acaulescent View Post
I was pretty happy we got Elite Comms with the heroic space missions. It was the main reward for doing them. Fleet comms are worthless and basic comms... meh. But the Elite Comms were nice. Those made it worth doing space combat.

Now that they're gone, I have no desire to do Space Combat anymore. Bioware, you put all this work into SC only to make it worthless to even bother with. I personally enjoy SC but now, it just seems like a waste of time. Maybe if I'm extremely bored and want a few easily measly credits I'll consider SC. But it won't be the first thing I do when I log in anymore.

Bring Back Elite Comms!
Basically what a lot of our guild said tonight.

rancid-one
04.23.2013 , 12:37 PM | #10
Just did a Heroic space mission in 2.01. Did each Bonus that I could clear. The mission today was "Far Cradle Strike."

After completion, I got 2 Elite Comms. Which seemed irregular given the patch notes...

But what was truly distressing was that I only got 1 Basic Comm. Means my Reward was: 40 Fleet Comms, 1 Basic Comm, 2 Elite Comms, and a blue reputation token.

I'm not sure what the intended fix was. But they didn't remove all of the Elite Comms. They did however, remove any viable reason to do space missions aside from leveling characters up to 55...