Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speedrun is not standard anymore

psandak
04.23.2013 , 10:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Yes it is worth to do the bonus and the mobs up to completion

Rested, max exp perk, exp potion really works good even with a 55 in the group
that is if you willing to invest in all the extra crap (I'm not)... And BTW that 137 XP was with rested XP and a minor flashpoint XP boost.

Atramar
04.23.2013 , 10:32 AM | #12
Yes it is worth to do the bonus and the mobs up to completion

Rested, max exp perk, exp potion really works good even with a 55 in the group
Sure, no problem. just warn us (tanks and healers) that you came to FP for exp points, so we can leave and que up again... not every one wants to spend 1.5 hour doing battle of Ilum.
joking a bit, but really, warn your tank you want to do a Ilum Massacre.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Icestar
04.23.2013 , 10:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
that is if you willing to invest in all the extra crap (I'm not)... And BTW that 137 XP was with rested XP and a minor flashpoint XP boost.
Some has the cash to spend on this game, some does not or does not want to.

I am only saying that if a player spends cash on exp perks (it actually costs a bit to max them out) they should get value for their money and gain more exp from flashpoints.

If a player does not respect that, I will not miss that player

Icestar
04.23.2013 , 10:34 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Sure, no problem. just warn us (tanks and healers) that you came to FP for exp points, so we can leave and que up again... not every one wants to spend 1.5 hour doing battle of Ilum.
joking a bit, but really, warn your tank you want to do a Ilum Massacre.
I did Illum last night with someone that at first refused to do the bonus, but in the end he said he was glad he did.

He had never seen the bonusboss and we had lots of fun taking mobs down

The game is about having fun, not speed running flashpoints chasing a few bosses.

I wonder if anyone actually enjoy that

ChewyYui
04.23.2013 , 10:35 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
why alacrity on jugg tank gear... why.... oh why..
So you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

Lostpenguins
04.23.2013 , 10:48 AM | #16
I did Illum last night with someone that at first refused to do the bonus, but in the end he said he was glad he did.

The game is about having fun, not speed running flashpoints chasing a few bosses.

1 - I understand that those leveling want to kill all the mobs to gain experience. I totally get that as well.
2 - Lvl 55's doing old FP's to get classic comms is sort of lol.
3 - However, I've read a few posts in this thread by you and find it a bit presumptuous for you to dictate was is the new standard or telling people how they should have fun. Some don't have fun spending 1.5 hours in FP's they did for so long in Vanilla (like me). However, I'd never queue for lvl 50 FP's anymore with my lvl 55's.

SebastiaanZ
04.23.2013 , 10:58 AM | #17
I expect from a lvl 55 when he/she joins a below lvl 55 fp (SM 50, HM 50) he/she will adjust to the groups need. If not he shouldn't have joined.

Khevar
04.23.2013 , 11:23 AM | #18

I know exactly what you mean.

Mind you, I would never ever inflict that on a pug unless they all actually wanted to.

PariahMessiah
04.23.2013 , 12:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Do you really have to ask in lvl 55 fp's?
The bonus boss is one of two (the 2nd is the end boss) that are worth killing in the whole fp's
At this point I can pretty safely say not anymore. Got a whole crew in 69s or better at this point and still find myself slamming hard into the elite comms cap.

NeoSeoul
04.23.2013 , 02:48 PM | #20
If any lvl 50-54 wants to do a full run with bonus because its there first time. That's Ok. And depending on if I have the time or not, I'll stay or drop.

But experience or leveling isn't a good reason. If you want to lvl faster, do the dailies, makeb, and wz. You'll be 55 in a few days without using any exp boost.