Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

MajikMyst
04.22.2013 , 05:28 AM | #31
There is a reason the daily Heroic 4 on belsavis was turned into a 2 man..

This quest should also be turned into a 2 man as well.. Or allow it to be done with companions.. That is what they are for isn't it??

I have spent 5 days attempting to get a group.. I have found 3 groups.. In all of them the healer leaves at the last boss or after 1 or 2 attempts on the last boss..

It is totally ridiculous how hard it is to get a group for this quest.. Bioware picks strange places to put a heroic 4.. After a LONG single player chain is not a good place.. The chain was awesome until I got to the heroics..

Seriously Bioware.. What were you thinking??
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Voblat
04.22.2013 , 07:56 AM | #32
I was actually pretty disappointed at the end of both these questlines, macrobinculars and the seeker droids.

Hours solo , which although I admit probably isnt for everyone, I enjoyed , then as you get to the end of the stories you suddenly have to stop and wait around for ever for a group.

I havent even been able to attempt the final quests yet , never found a group , so I just moved on to my next character doing the makeb stuff, given what I know now, I'll probably not even start the two quest lines again, given I already know it will be difficult to finish it.

I enjoy group content, but in its correct place. The final part of a solo story , and a very long one that lots wont bother with, isnt it.

Tito_O
04.22.2013 , 08:16 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Voblat View Post
[...]
I havent even been able to attempt the final quests yet , never found a group , so I just moved on to my next character doing the makeb stuff, given what I know now, I'll probably not even start the two quest lines again, given I already know it will be difficult to finish it.
[...]
While I can understand your frustration about not finding a group and the necessity for H4-Missions after a long solo-questline, I would strongly recommend you not to give up on it so quickly.
Those heroic quests are sure somewhat harder than normal heroics and involve quite some thinking, but they are by far the most awesome quests I did in a long long time.
The puzzles and boss mechanics are really great and make you actually tax you brain, and the story behind it is also compelling.
Plus, the loot is great. You get, among other things, one of two special bound-to-legacy chest armors from the end of the seeker-droid-storyline (number one or number two), depending on a light-or-dark decision during a conversation.

Spoiler
The Coric Legacy
Nate | Pinkamina | Syskal | Cas
Zhali | Raykal | Orivik | Viraana | Geviin | Shim'rra | Vestarah | Yuun-harla
[T3-M4]

zzoorrzz
04.22.2013 , 09:16 AM | #34
People really need to look at this from different point of view. Sure putting H4 at the end of solo chain is unorthodox, maybe even unfair. But that's life, deal with it or walk away. Life isn't fair either. These quests push the game experience to the next level IMO and it would be shame to trivialize them in any way. And when u actually do it, u have good feeling about that hard work u put into it and the unique reward or a title u get has some value compared to others.

Slowpokeking
04.22.2013 , 11:10 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Tito_O View Post
While I can understand your frustration about not finding a group and the necessity for H4-Missions after a long solo-questline, I would strongly recommend you not to give up on it so quickly.
Those heroic quests are sure somewhat harder than normal heroics and involve quite some thinking, but they are by far the most awesome quests I did in a long long time.
The puzzles and boss mechanics are really great and make you actually tax you brain, and the story behind it is also compelling.
Plus, the loot is great. You get, among other things, one of two special bound-to-legacy chest armors from the end of the seeker-droid-storyline (number one or number two), depending on a light-or-dark decision during a conversation.

Spoiler
The reward of the Shroud chain sucks, and

Spoiler

MajikMyst
04.22.2013 , 12:04 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
People really need to look at this from different point of view. Sure putting H4 at the end of solo chain is unorthodox, maybe even unfair. But that's life, deal with it or walk away. Life isn't fair either. These quests push the game experience to the next level IMO and it would be shame to trivialize them in any way. And when u actually do it, u have good feeling about that hard work u put into it and the unique reward or a title u get has some value compared to others.
This is an MMO.. Not life.. Can you understand the difference?? It is nice to know you haven't done the quests.. Let us know when you have and then you might understand our frustration..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

dinwitt
04.22.2013 , 01:59 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
And you need 4 people for sure to trigger those consoles.
Its possible to do with three, if you get creative and have someone thin enough to fit between laser gates. However, it is still incredibly frustrating that Bioware keeps trying to force full groups for content like this instead of letting the players' skill decide how many they actually need.

Rieverre
04.23.2013 , 05:06 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by dinwitt View Post
Its possible to do with three, if you get creative and have someone thin enough to fit between laser gates. However, it is still incredibly frustrating that Bioware keeps trying to force full groups for content like this instead of letting the players' skill decide how many they actually need.
Spoiler

zzoorrzz
04.23.2013 , 10:06 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
This is an MMO.. Not life.. Can you understand the difference?? It is nice to know you haven't done the quests.. Let us know when you have and then you might understand our frustration..
I've done them actually.

JediCahlwyn
04.23.2013 , 10:20 PM | #40
I'm sorry but I hope they don't change em. You can help people who are on the quest even if you aren't (helped several guildmates who needed it when I had finished (and even before I started). They are fun quests and its nice to have some challenge. I'm in a small guild and I don't have any problems getting help, I suggest you get in a social guild.

Oh and OP: The forum isn't "dead" if nobody replies to a whining post in 1 hour...
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!