Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lore-wise Who Is The Most Powerful Character In-Game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Lore-wise Who Is The Most Powerful Character In-Game?

Berronaxftw
04.21.2013 , 07:26 PM | #1
I'm referring to playable characters, jedi knight sith warrior ect, I think it would be the sith inquisitor or the jedi consular but I don't know which.

So who do you think is the most powerful in-game character lore-wise?

Ernost
04.21.2013 , 09:48 PM | #2
Do you mean relative to other player characters or relative the lore npc characters?

Bird_of_Thunder
04.21.2013 , 10:08 PM | #3
most influential? Warrior.
most powerful? Warrior.

why?
Spoiler
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Icebergy
04.21.2013 , 10:30 PM | #4
Jedi Knight imo.
Spoiler
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Swissbob
04.21.2013 , 10:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
most influential? Warrior.
most powerful? Warrior.

why?
Spoiler
I would probably disagree with both of these, but definitely disagree with the "most influential."

As for my prediction, I would think

Most political power/Influential (in their current state, not including what they have done in the past) :

1. Sith Inquisitor
2. Jedi Conselor
3. Sith Warrior
4. Imperial Agent
5. Jedi Knight
6. Smuggler
7. Trooper
8. Bounty Hunter.

Most battle prowess/physical power:

1. Sith Warrior
2. Jedi Knight
3. Sith Inquisitor
4. Jedi Conselor
5. Imperial Agent
6-7. Bounty Hunter/Trooper (Think these are way too even to split)
8. Smuggler

My opinions.

I have multiple characters of every class and advanced class, so I'm not *too* biased.
______________________Guild Master____________________
<The Nightmare Legacy><The Horizon Legacy>
_________________The Shadowlands

ganondorq
04.22.2013 , 12:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Jedi Knight imo.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Chaloss
04.22.2013 , 02:48 AM | #7
Inquisitor and Warrior are so hard to compare...most diplomatic answer would be Warrior better with lightsaber (even over assassin) and Inquisitor better with force powers. Going by cut scenes Inquisitor ending showing beats anything warrior has done, but that is unfair to warrior as he did not have to deal with someone like Darth Thanaton. Closest to it would be resisting freshly freed Dread Masters.

Power wise I have already repeated many times people seem to overvalue Emperor Wrath status. It does not give you power over Dark Council as Darth Marr bluntly tells you at the end of Act III. On other hand Dark Council is divided to spheres so while as whole Dark Council has much more power than Wrath, piece of it is much closer. Powerbase wise Inquisitor has fleet which beats anything Warrior has.

_biddan_
04.22.2013 , 06:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Jedi Knight imo.
Spoiler
Spoiler

my list:
most influential:
-sith inquisitor
-sith warrior
-jedi consular
-jedi knight

fisically stronger:
-warrior
-knight
-inquisitor/consular
why?the warrior is a sith,he relies more than the jedi knight of fisical strength and brutality,even if the knight is strongh you can surely agree that he is less dependant on strength and brutality.

stronger in the force:
-consular
-inquisitor
-warrior/knight
the consular is the strongest in the force,maybe even of the era,the inquisitor needs ghosts to become stronger than tanathon,but he is still naturally extremely powerful.

biggest power base:
-inquisitor (whole fleets and armies)
-consular (an entire army)
-warrior/knight (themselves,booooo)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Kampori
04.22.2013 , 09:53 AM | #9
Can't make the fairest of judgments, as I've got 10 Imperials and only 2 'Pubs (JK & JC)

Playing through all Imperial classes 2 times+, I can pretty safely judge them:

Most influential: Sith Inquisitor, by far.
Spoiler

Most powerful: Sith Warrior.
Spoiler

Both JK and JC don't match up. The Jedi Knight is just annoying, and so badly written. Almost like a deus-ex-machina for the Republic. They are only class that actually does anything, and what they do is just... meh. Almost like Luke post-films, they're just a tool for lazy writing on Republic side. They couldn't think of a good way to make the Republic win, so they just bring in the Knight to 'win' in every sense.
This Is Not Here

Assassin l Marauder l Sniper l Mercenary l Sorcerer l Operative l Juggernaut ll Sith Empire
Scoundrel l Sentinel l Shadow l Gunslinger l Commando ll Galactic Republic
@55. C.E.
The Glyndŵr Legacy. Server: Nightmare Lands (The Red Eclipse EU)

jovianus
04.22.2013 , 12:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kampori View Post
Most powerful: Sith Warrior.
Spoiler
I'd point out that the only reason the Emperor is as powerful as he is or has his position is because of supernatural power and rituals However he obtained that power, the fact remains that the Inquisitor took his position on the Dark Council via his own power, whereas the Wrath was effectively appointed by the Emperor.

And given that Act 3 pretty much serves as warning that bad things happen if you falsely invoke the Emperor's name to advance your agenda, that Wrath can't even really make use of his power without direction from the Emperor or the Hand. Whereas the Inquisitor can do pretty much do whatever the hell he wants.

Quote:
Both JK and JC don't match up. The Jedi Knight is just annoying, and so badly written. Almost like a deus-ex-machina for the Republic. They are only class that actually does anything, and what they do is just... meh. Almost like Luke post-films, they're just a tool for lazy writing on Republic side. They couldn't think of a good way to make the Republic win, so they just bring in the Knight to 'win' in every sense.
I agree heartily about the JK. I can't even really get into the story just because they lay it on so fast and so thick. I just kind of rolled my eyes when after my first class mission I had the Grand Master of the Order and the entire Jedi Council tripping over themselves to tell me how awesome I was.