Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ticket 8684140 was not A Suggestion!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Ticket 8684140 was not A Suggestion!

Feartheswans
04.18.2013 , 08:25 PM | #1
The summery of my ticket was that I reverse engineered a bunch of the level 28 mods and enhancements (i.e. agile mod 28 / Reflex Armoring 28) that you get while using your seeker droid. 5 times while doing this, four times around 6:30pm eastern (Cybertech 430) and once 11:30pm eastern (Cybertech 437). I received the Error "Insufficent Skill level" After the Mod was Reverse engineered. Mods that Triggered this now tell me that I cannot learn the Schematic of the mod when it said 20% chance before and I do not know the schematic.

This was the response.
Spoiler

I made a follow up ticket 8697374 referencing the ticket number, character and profession hoping that it doesn't trigger another response from a poorly programmed protocol droid.

leprosoar
04.18.2013 , 08:57 PM | #2
Got exactly the same thing today, in my case I asked something about a Cartel Market item. After that silly and completely uncalled response, my ticket got closed

Feartheswans
04.18.2013 , 09:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by leprosoar View Post
Got exactly the same thing today, in my case I asked something about a Cartel Market item. After that silly and completely uncalled response, my ticket got closed
I know the feeling well, I had a problem once before where I resubmitted a ticket 5 times before it red flagged with them and a Live person finally looked at it.

Lewintelamon
04.18.2013 , 09:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Feartheswans View Post
The summery of my ticket was that I reverse engineered a bunch of the level 28 mods and enhancements (i.e. agile mod 28 / Reflex Armoring 28) that you get while using your seeker droid. 5 times while doing this, four times around 6:30pm eastern (Cybertech 430) and once 11:30pm eastern (Cybertech 437). I received the Error "Insufficent Skill level" After the Mod was Reverse engineered. Mods that Triggered this now tell me that I cannot learn the Schematic of the mod when it said 20% chance before and I do not know the schematic.

This was the response.
Spoiler

I made a follow up ticket 8697374 referencing the ticket number, character and profession hoping that it doesn't trigger another response from a poorly programmed protocol droid.
While I can see the typo with "also", I'll remind you that "centre" is the British spelling for "center". It's NOT a spelling mistake nor a typo.

A lot of words are spelled differently in British English than their American English counterparts.

As to the point of the OP, though, yeah, I do think that the issue needs a closer look. Could have been a tired rep, or whatnot, but the point remains that it needs to be looked at again. Hence, the provision of a follow-up system.
That which seems like a simple request to the player, often is a maze of red tape, approvals, and procedures to the developers.

Dead horse, meet stick. Stick, dead horse. Beating protocols now engaged.

Feartheswans
04.20.2013 , 05:16 PM | #5
And now another Poorly trained Protocol Droid Reply

Spoiler

Protocol Droid M0-T0 (aka Mark) really needs to read the Ticket before clicking on an auto response...

SuperGrunt
04.21.2013 , 04:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Feartheswans View Post
And now another Poorly trained Protocol Droid Reply

Spoiler

Protocol Droid M0-T0 (aka Mark) really needs to read the Ticket before clicking on an auto response...
I think that these Protocol Droids have a few 0's and 1's crossed in their programming.

Another oddity that is probably a similar problem, and might also prove that the visual error is nothing to worry about. I craft 5 items at at time on my Artifice. When they are done I RE all the items, 5+ items, and yep sometimes I don't proc a Schem, sometimes I proc one on the first RE, and sometimes I even proc one when I already have gotten the Schem already. Makes me glad I am not working on Schems for armor, weapons.....
Healing, damage, tanking, it doesn't matter. I do it all. I have been doing it while winning in PVP since Beta.

RikiWataru
04.21.2013 , 09:01 AM | #7
I don't even think they're supposed to use protocol droid sigs anymore. I remember awhile back since it kinda annoyed so many people who already thought they were talking to machines that the reps were all supposed to start using if not a real name then whatever phone name the felt like.

Although having a similar issue and after 4 tickets it does seem to me the reps aren't reading the tickets so maybe an auto-reply isn't the worse response you could get. A real person name Kyle or Kate ignoring you is far more insulting in my opinion.

Orlesian
04.21.2013 , 09:50 AM | #8
I have the VERY same problem. Lots of 28 mods and armorings wasted and the supposedly learned ones does not show up in my Cybertech list. I am above 430 in Cybertech and level 54.

Please, help us with this problem!

*Cry*
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

MSchuyler
04.21.2013 , 12:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lewintelamon View Post
While I can see the typo with "also", I'll remind you that "centre" is the British spelling for "center". It's NOT a spelling mistake nor a typo.

A lot of words are spelled differently in British English than their American English counterparts.
So??? No one--not the OP, nor any subsequent post--even mentioned British spelling in the Bioware response. No one complained about it. Indeed, there is no evidence anyone even noticed it. So just WHO are you reminding? Or are you just showing off?

Elear
04.21.2013 , 01:24 PM | #10
It appears that majority of those CS bots don't even try to read anything. Or when they do, can't make it past first line. So good luck to anyone attempting to do anything with them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Orlesian View Post
I have the VERY same problem. Lots of 28 mods and armorings wasted and the supposedly learned ones does not show up in my Cybertech list. I am above 430 in Cybertech and level 54.

Please, help us with this problem!

*Cry*
This is actually very simple problem. Those mods(and pretty much all items modifications grade 28) are craftable at 440, but you can already RE them at 430.