Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm Stumped...Need some Smart Tech help please :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
I'm Stumped...Need some Smart Tech help please :)

Judgementfox
04.20.2013 , 04:17 PM | #1
Hello all! So here's my problem...and situation. I have two computers in my room, connected to the same router. The first is my computer which runs just fine, mine is connected to the internet using a wireless adapter because the hardware to wire it to the router is physically broken on my computer. Anywho, the problem is with my Wife's computer. I just bought it for her a couple weeks ago and it runs fine, (windows 8, 16g ram blah blah blah so on) It also browses the internet just fine. But when she tries to play SWTOR, she gets like 1500 ms, her latency is just terrible. My computer gets between 40-60 ms, but hers is hardwired and mine is wireless... Whats even more confusing is that i check both our pings and download/upload on the two sites and her ping/download/upload speed are all better than mine. Also i allowed SWTOR under her windows firewall. Also i have tried playing her swtor when my computer is off (To see if mine was hogging the bandwidth) But it was still the same 1500 ms. I Feel like I have exhausted all the resources i have to figure this out on my own, so i turn to you all! Thanks so much, sorry about this WALL of text...I just wanted to be specific.

OwenBrooks
04.20.2013 , 09:35 PM | #2
IS she using Trend Micro as an AV ?

Just in case here is the hotfix http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solut...s/1095649.aspx
There was an issue with the osprey driver under windows 8

What you are describing is what occurs with the above

unclecid
04.21.2013 , 08:56 AM | #3
this may seem to be a silly question but since the OP doesnt mention it i have to ask.

are you sure your wife's new win8 pc has the hardware( especially vid card) to run swtor?