Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Minimum HP for new ops?


Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
04.18.2013 , 02:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
I ran a HM Mando Raiders on my DPS Merc last night, with a fresh 55 Assassin with 27k HP, with a full 66/69 healer, and the tank was getting hit SO hard that in most pulls, in addition to my dps, i was doing between 350-550 HPS just to help the healer keep the tank alive. Translate that to TfB or S&V? And it might equal a non-starter.
Actually, TFB and S&V are much less punishing on the tanks than HM FPs right now.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
04.19.2013 , 12:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
I cannot argue, that in just about any fight that is not a pure Tank'n'Spank "DPS Race" --- Skill > Gear almost every time. Mechanics heavy fights, and fights that require a lot of team coordination and situational awareness are far more dependent on the person at the keyboard moreso than the gear score of the character.

That said.... I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain that a level 55 tank in "basically 63 gear" is not going to have 32-33k HP, unless maybe they are stacked for endurance with letter-mods and fortitude augments? in which case, that is even more sacrificed mitigation on an already reduced return rate in the 2.0 world. Like I said, I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain that level 55 tanks aren't hitting 33k in 63s.

Hmm, no 33k in mostly 63s sounds about right. That's what our shadow had tonight and that's mostly what he's still wearing. Shadows get that big endurance boost though.
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
The next EA/Bioware employee that ever thinks adding more CC to this game is a good idea? Fire them. Don't give them 2 weeks notice. Have security escort them to the door. Thank you in advance.

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
04.19.2013 , 01:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Hmm, no 33k in mostly 63s sounds about right. That's what our shadow had tonight and that's mostly what he's still wearing. Shadows get that big endurance boost though.
Shadows don't get a huge endurance boost, only 3% from the tree and 25 from Shadows Training, most Shadow tank gear was previously itemized to be high endurance and ideal Shadow tank stats (as per KBN's work) involved ~28k HP. Add in the HP boost from gaining 5 levels and 30k sounds about right for a Shadow. Quite high for the other 2 tanks though. My Guardian didn't crack 30k stimmed until I had 2 or 3 69 pieces but I was also mostly mitigation stacked with only had 24.5k HP unstimmed at 50.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

MorgothPl's Avatar


MorgothPl
04.19.2013 , 02:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Shadows don't get a huge endurance boost, only 3% from the tree and 25 from Shadows Training, most Shadow tank gear was previously itemized to be high endurance and ideal Shadow tank stats (as per KBN's work) involved ~28k HP. Add in the HP boost from gaining 5 levels and 30k sounds about right for a Shadow. Quite high for the other 2 tanks though. My Guardian didn't crack 30k stimmed until I had 2 or 3 69 pieces but I was also mostly mitigation stacked with only had 24.5k HP unstimmed at 50.
My juggernaut in full 66 (though crafted mods/armorings/enhancements) with Black Market MK-2 implant and the Rakata stim is at 30,5 k health. And no, I did not sacrifice mitigation, as I'm only 60 defense from ideal tanking spreadsheet.

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
04.19.2013 , 02:46 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
My juggernaut in full 66 (though crafted mods/armorings/enhancements) with Black Market MK-2 implant and the Rakata stim is at 30,5 k health. And no, I did not sacrifice mitigation, as I'm only 60 defense from ideal tanking spreadsheet.
I fully admit at this point I'm no where near optimized. I've just been upgrading the bits as I get the from drops.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

HoboWithAStick's Avatar


HoboWithAStick
04.20.2013 , 04:29 PM | #16
S&V is a complete joke on both HM8 and especially 16HM, I feel like you could do this ops in tioneese gear for all it matters. Way to easy bioware.

akabane_k's Avatar


akabane_k
04.20.2013 , 05:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
S&V is a complete joke on both HM8 and especially 16HM, I feel like you could do this ops in tioneese gear for all it matters. Way to easy bioware.
I take it you got world 1st without ever wiping, considering how easy you found it?

HoboWithAStick's Avatar


HoboWithAStick
04.20.2013 , 06:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by akabane_k View Post
I take it you got world 1st without ever wiping, considering how easy you found it?
No? But clearing most of the fights first try with people that have never even done story mode? The fact that this was cleared day 1 xpac went out with no gear grind is just sad. How does bioware expect this content to last? TFB NM or another new raid better be around the corner.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
04.20.2013 , 07:02 PM | #19
If they're not a tank then the HP is a bad measuring stick. Heck, if they are a tank but have almost no defense, shield or absorb then they're still undergeared.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Cripplers's Avatar


Cripplers
04.20.2013 , 07:47 PM | #20
My Sin tank has @ 32.7k and I'm 95% 61/63 armors. I believe I have 1 66 armoring and that's with Rakata Stim. (Recently maxed Bio to get blue nano but haven't used in a week)
Pewpew