Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

Aetrus
04.17.2013 , 09:30 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
running a lot of 2.0 rated teams, are you? no. wait. US stopped pvping. saw that announcement in server forum. shadows are wrecking house atm. mauls are crazy critting, and there's no cd on it ala smash or limited proc ala railshot. you can string 3 in a row pop a shock and/or discharge. target was dead 2 gcds ago.

sniper can be los'd. decepticon kills you before you know he's there. and he can spec tank to stealth guard very effectively.
Not that this is on topic at all, and I don't mean to come off as rude but what you're posting isn't really plausible, and if it was it wouldn't be optimal. You can't chain back-to-back-to-back Mauls together, because you'd have no Force. And if you did try a 3-straight Maul rotation, you wouldn't have Duplicity proc'd for 2 of those hits, and you'd also have probably about a 75% chance of NOT critting. IE, Maul would hit for about as much damage as the gutted Thermal Detonator does. :P Best case scenario of what you're saying is Spike>Maul>Low Slash>Maul>Voltaic Slash, you get really lucky and proc Duplicity again, are able to get behind the target somehow yet again and Maul once more. That's a lot of luck, GCDs, and badness of your opponent to rely on. And again, even if you did get lucky and killed someone with that, it's still a poor rotation that no good Deception player would use. So you'd be a bad Deception player killing an even worse player in a lucky scenario. Sounds about right.

On topic: I played AP for about 30 games over the past 2 days (I PvP exclusively). My observations are that Immolate either needs a shorter CD, a way to proc it off CD like PPA does for Railshot, or needs to do about 40% more damage. Yes, I'm serious. 40%. You can't have a top tier skill that's on a 15 second CD and has high resource cost deal 5k or less. (RIP TD.) Also, the Prototype Cylinders talent for High Energy Gas Cylinder is an absolute joke. 1% increased elemental damage? Seriously? You could make that talent give 5% increased elemental damage and it still wouldn't be OP.

Pyro is basically dead in any organized/competent setting. It deals slightly more damage than AP in PvP. But it is so much more fragile it's embarrassing. I can 1v1 Sentinels in AP. I can't do that in Pyro.

Mularky
04.17.2013 , 05:42 PM | #52
/signed

That was the Vanguards DC their burst. Now we have no burst and have poor Dam reduction
<Ascendancy>

The Real Jaci

Quote: Originally Posted by warstory View Post
Listen most of the people that post on the forums are avg to good players they can nerf when they just simply get outplayed. Instead of figuring out what u did wrong they cry on the forums

oberyn
04.19.2013 , 01:46 AM | #53
it's sad that threads like this always get passed by devs .. and some stupid threads like.. "show off ur trooper" and " how big is ur lightsaber and such " always get their attention

mfourcustom
04.19.2013 , 08:09 AM | #54
Watch listen get it to the devs somehow make sure they see it.

-Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmuu9...ature=youtu.be
Banksy aka Ysknab
I'm really bad

Macroeconomics
04.19.2013 , 09:14 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by oberyn View Post
it's sad that threads like this always get passed by devs .. and some stupid threads like.. "show off ur trooper" and " how big is ur lightsaber and such " always get their attention
Well it isn't surprising is it? The "PT/VG are nerfed and need help" threads are diametrically opposed to the devs line of thought. The "show off ur trooper" threads are not...

The devs don't think that VG/PT are weak. And their ingame stat collection system will back them up. It will show that VG/PT are the highest scoring dps in the game. Now it will do so solely because only the very best VG/PT players are left playing those toons. But BW doesn't care about that. BW just looks at the meta averages. And they say VG/PT are even more OP than in 1.7. Which is why the class will get nerfed again in 2.1.

ReclaimerDonar
04.20.2013 , 04:59 AM | #56
/signed

It's not just on your server, number of players playing vanguards/powertech on ToFN are dropping too with rapid speed.

I hope that BioWare sees this and does something, because, seeing that character that was my main for almost year is absolutely gutted.

Well, meanwhile I'll move to my vigilance guardian.

Vintal
04.20.2013 , 03:28 PM | #57
There's a lot of QQing going on, i feel the nerfs, but it's still obtainable. My spec: 4/6/31

http://i.imgur.com/RQAytPo.jpg

Davionix
04.20.2013 , 08:46 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Vintal View Post
There's a lot of QQing going on, i feel the nerfs, but it's still obtainable. My spec: 4/6/31

http://i.imgur.com/RQAytPo.jpg
For pvp I drop rapid recharge and get degauss instead.

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

Luco-Zade
04.21.2013 , 05:42 AM | #59
AP works worse than SG i found since xpan, i switched it out for Gut.

Doesnt help when i get primaried every single WZ though lol

Morpurgo
04.22.2013 , 07:56 AM | #60
/signed

Assault Vanguard was my main pvp character on Rep side. Leveled up in warzones and only pve content done was class story. Now it's totaled. Vanguard is now total laughing stock with every other dps class doing twice your damage and you drop dead like sack of stones. I have not seen another Vanguard in warzones for two days and other classes are starting to shun Vanguards because you basicly screw your team by being there.
Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain bodyfat. Through bodyfat, I gain weight.
Through weight, my social life is broken.
The Thighmaster shall free me.