Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

mercs please stop queueing as healers

Seireeni
04.17.2013 , 10:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
Takes forever to find a healer .I used to choose decline when I see merc healer but as a dps waiting times are up to 2 hours so not much choice. Also last time merc healer did a good job for change.

actually my other problem is powertech tanks.
Oh? At least my pt tank tanks just fine... 8P

Jayshames
04.17.2013 , 10:56 AM | #22
I wouldn't be surprised if 3 Merc DPS and a Tank could flashpoint now, kolto bomb is hot.

VigDiath
04.17.2013 , 06:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
Esseles/BT are kind of special cases. Nobody has their key abilities or talents at that point, and unless your group is doing something horribly, horribly wrong a single untalented heal is more than enough to complete the FP.
This was HM.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

RandomXChance
04.17.2013 , 08:47 PM | #24
I run a Merc and i regularly queue as both DPS and Healer. This is appropriate if you are at least able to field respec and it helps to also have a heal set for the 4 set bonus as I do when it pops as healer. Thinking you can off heal without being specced or geared as a healer is unfair to the rest of the group and should be kicked.

The excuse of "it queued me automatically for both" does not hold water. When the queue pops it shows what role you are assigned and you click 'READY". You have failed to check your role twice now and the fault is on you.

Never_Hesitate
04.18.2013 , 06:11 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by skullkandy View Post
you said, a bunch of stuff and cut up my post leaving parts out to try and make a point that you failed at.

I said don't be a d-bag and queue for a role that you aren't going to play when others actually are trying to play that role. I don't see that as some huge argument for you to forum warrior over. don't be a d-bag is a pretty simple request.

Mercs are the one class I see doing this more than anyone, anecdotal sure but anything anyone says on this forum is anecdotal.
not once did I complain about mercs being bad healers, I know you would have something to get your panties in a bunch about if I did.....but no matter how much you wish that were the case I pointed out multiple times it's mercs who are not healing. say it with me one more time, are not healing.
You're failing to see the point, we're making:
Change the thread title to "merc dps' stop queuing as healers" or even better "dps' stop queuing as healers"

I read you posts, but can't find them applying to my experience.
(I played as a tank a lot)
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
LeoniŽ&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa

AelixVII
04.20.2013 , 02:07 PM | #26
There's a first-time setting in the group finder that automatically sets mercs and similar classes to have dps and healer checked, so maybe some of these cases are where people didn't notice they were queued as healer.

VigDiath
04.20.2013 , 02:22 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
There's a first-time setting in the group finder that automatically sets mercs and similar classes to have dps and healer checked, so maybe some of these cases are where people didn't notice they were queued as healer.
At which point they should notice they are listed as the healer in the group and either offer to respec if they can or leave the group so a healer can join. Most are not doing that at all.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Zombietroll
04.29.2013 , 09:55 AM | #28
Beautiful thing about healer slots - they are almost as easy to fill as DPS.
Cheezeburger - Jedi Covenant - 55 Operative Healer

Ottoattack
04.29.2013 , 04:01 PM | #29
Its normal in SM FPs to que in two roles, even if your gear does not necessary fit into the role. I used to tank on my pyro tech just by switching to ion charge and putting a shield on. However, if I see a merc as healer that does not have healing cylinder on, I will 100% kick before we even start.

At HM, if you are not fully specked into your role, do not even try.

Caelrie
04.30.2013 , 03:11 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
It happens quite a bit and you can tell it's a DPS queueing as a healer and not actual heals because they have none of the actual main healing abilities that that a Bodyguard or Combat Medic spec would have. They just throw out a few small heals and hope they can DPS bosses down before everyone dies.

Happened in an Esseles run and Taral V while I was tanking on my Shadow.
Nobody is a healer at level 10.