Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

S+V- 8 HM Progression Ranking


GrudgingOpiate's Avatar


GrudgingOpiate
04.20.2013 , 11:41 AM | #71
Guild: Nightmare Council
Server: Master Dar'Nala (APAC)

Nightmare Council went in again! Once again continuing Progression in HM SaV:

Edit: (copy pasted previous post but forgot to update the boss names and pic links, all fixed now).

Olok the Shadow:
http://i.imgur.com/Jamnvi9.jpg

Cartel Warlords:
http://i.imgur.com/waybsVB.jpg


**UTC times Included in Screenshots**
<Nightmare Council>
Guildmaster - nightmarecouncil.org
Kon'x - Assa | Konx - Jugg | K'onx - PT
Ädi - Mara | Konxy - Merc | Mannox - Snip

GrudgingOpiate's Avatar


GrudgingOpiate
04.20.2013 , 11:42 AM | #72
It doesnt seem to be monitored and updated anymore . So much for that awesome idea ...
<Nightmare Council>
Guildmaster - nightmarecouncil.org
Kon'x - Assa | Konx - Jugg | K'onx - PT
Ädi - Mara | Konxy - Merc | Mannox - Snip

Aerro's Avatar


Aerro
04.20.2013 , 11:43 AM | #73
Quick question:

How would all of you rate the difficulty of 8man for this tier release? I have only ever done 16man (except for some odd occasions) so I can't honestly answer myself for this one. From what I could tell, both 8 and 16 seem to be a lot easier in comparison to the HM TFB (50) counterparts.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Lord_Etan's Avatar


Lord_Etan
04.20.2013 , 02:00 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
Quick question:

How would all of you rate the difficulty of 8man for this tier release? I have only ever done 16man (except for some odd occasions) so I can't honestly answer myself for this one. From what I could tell, both 8 and 16 seem to be a lot easier in comparison to the HM TFB (50) counterparts.
The only way i agree with this statement is because operator in TFB is buggy and glitchy as all get out. The mechanic's of the fight dont work half the time. Other then that TFB was easier then HM EC release.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
04.20.2013 , 03:28 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
Quick question:

How would all of you rate the difficulty of 8man for this tier release? I have only ever done 16man (except for some odd occasions) so I can't honestly answer myself for this one. From what I could tell, both 8 and 16 seem to be a lot easier in comparison to the HM TFB (50) counterparts.
All content in this game is easy. That being said if you look at 16m videos v 8m videos at least for the styrak fight 16m is even easier. the dmg ticks for the same in both modes from KD spikes only you have 2 less healers in 8m. The hp differential isnt much as 16m gains 6 more dpsers to compensate. The tanks take the same amount of dmg as well. Images in 16m do have 6k more hps than the 8m version. channeled manifestations in 8m have 211k hps and in 16m 390k so once again its an easier burn in 16m. The biggest difference however seems to be the enrage timer. In 8m you get an 8 minute enrage timer compared to an 11 minute enrage timer in 16m. Seems like if you want a slightly bigger challenge from this easy content you would have to run the 8m version.

Edit: Also I just worked out the math with the enrage and hps and amount of phases being equal in 8m and 16m. In 16m the dpsers only need to do 1530 dps each to beat the enrage timer while in 8m the 4 dpsers need to pull 2450 dps each to beat the shorter enrage. I'm sure those values would change a bit if you add in the tank and healers doing dmg as well but thats the pure dps dmg requirement needed.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
04.20.2013 , 03:42 PM | #76
disregard this post it double posted and wouldnt let me delete

odawgg's Avatar


odawgg
04.20.2013 , 05:33 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
All content in this game is easy. That being said if you look at 16m videos v 8m videos at least for the styrak fight 16m is even easier. the dmg ticks for the same in both modes from KD spikes only you have 2 less healers in 8m. The hp differential isnt much as 16m gains 6 more dpsers to compensate. The tanks take the same amount of dmg as well. Images in 16m do have 6k more hps than the 8m version. channeled manifestations in 8m have 211k hps and in 16m 390k so once again its an easier burn in 16m. The biggest difference however seems to be the enrage timer. In 8m you get an 8 minute enrage timer compared to an 11 minute enrage timer in 16m. Seems like if you want a slightly bigger challenge from this easy content you would have to run the 8m version.

Edit: Also I just worked out the math with the enrage and hps and amount of phases being equal in 8m and 16m. In 16m the dpsers only need to do 1530 dps each to beat the enrage timer while in 8m the 4 dpsers need to pull 2450 dps each to beat the shorter enrage. I'm sure those values would change a bit if you add in the tank and healers doing dmg as well but thats the pure dps dmg requirement needed.
Wow, and here we thought progression from 8m to 16m would make it tougher lol...1530dps avg...that's like full rakata isn't it? haha

odawgg's Avatar


odawgg
04.20.2013 , 05:44 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by GrudgingOpiate View Post
It doesnt seem to be monitored and updated anymore . So much for that awesome idea ...
Mae is a bit busy lately but will be updating it soon I'm sure

JDotter's Avatar


JDotter
04.20.2013 , 08:05 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
All content in this game is easy. That being said if you look at 16m videos v 8m videos at least for the styrak fight 16m is even easier. the dmg ticks for the same in both modes from KD spikes only you have 2 less healers in 8m. The hp differential isnt much as 16m gains 6 more dpsers to compensate. The tanks take the same amount of dmg as well. Images in 16m do have 6k more hps than the 8m version. channeled manifestations in 8m have 211k hps and in 16m 390k so once again its an easier burn in 16m. The biggest difference however seems to be the enrage timer. In 8m you get an 8 minute enrage timer compared to an 11 minute enrage timer in 16m. Seems like if you want a slightly bigger challenge from this easy content you would have to run the 8m version.

Edit: Also I just worked out the math with the enrage and hps and amount of phases being equal in 8m and 16m. In 16m the dpsers only need to do 1530 dps each to beat the enrage timer while in 8m the 4 dpsers need to pull 2450 dps each to beat the shorter enrage. I'm sure those values would change a bit if you add in the tank and healers doing dmg as well but thats the pure dps dmg requirement needed.
Having cleared both 8 & 16 I can confirm all of this. It's frustrating but my group has switched to 8 after we cleared 16 the first week.

enrage on styrak on 16 is at least 11+ mins on 8 it is 8 or so mins.

You are off on the 2400+ dps but I'd say 2200+ for sure.

Hopefully for NM they up the fights like it was in older content where 16 on most fights was more difficult. If they don't outside of the achievement I'll refuse to do it.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
04.20.2013 , 10:57 PM | #80
yeah its pretty weak. I didnt check with the guild tanks and heals to see what they do dpswise/dmg during the fight. 2200 is still a lil low though because in our last styrak kill we had our 4 dps all over 2200 and we hit the enrage timer with a few % left to go.