Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

Lasica
04.20.2013 , 02:05 AM | #21
There is an easy fix. Make the quest repeatable, and give it a reward that people want. Say 2x elite commendations and 10x basic commendations per day.

Then people will do it.

It is a very very poor design decision to make a difficult non-repeatable heroic that needs four people the final part of this quest chain. Sack whoever came up with the idea because they have no *********** idea what they are doing and should not be working on a MMO anywhere.

zzoorrzz
04.20.2013 , 02:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Which is hard to find, a group of 4 and must have a healer for such a long chain. I spent days to find a group and we don't have a healer in the beginning, wiped a few times in the security droids encounter, got a healer, reached final boss and wiped, then I had to get 2 new players to get it done. The reward suck as hell, the story's end is also not cool.
You can always offer credits to shorten the search for players.

tatatan
04.20.2013 , 05:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
There is an easy fix. Make the quest repeatable, and give it a reward that people want. Say 2x elite commendations and 10x basic commendations per day.

Then people will do it.

It is a very very poor design decision to make a difficult non-repeatable heroic that needs four people the final part of this quest chain. Sack whoever came up with the idea because they have no *********** idea what they are doing and should not be working on a MMO anywhere.
This ^^ +1

Eshmael
04.20.2013 , 06:21 AM | #24
I did this mission with one another player. There is just one moment where you need 2 other players to press one key, but you can prepare everything with only two players.
And in a leveling area you find easily 2 players for some credits who will press a button for you.
Thats the way we made it.

Even the last fight is no problem with two players (although it is much harder to do it with only two players, but we made it with two DDs (slinger and sentinel)
The "Esh" Legacy - LVL 690

SwiftyDragon
04.20.2013 , 10:33 AM | #25
My group did it with three DPS and a level 50 healer in bad gear.
------------------------------------------"Want Blizz to zap bad guys?"------------------------------------------

Slowpokeking
04.20.2013 , 10:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
You can always offer credits to shorten the search for players.
I did, still nobody do it.

Lasica
04.21.2013 , 02:13 AM | #27
It could be your server and time of the day you are looking for a group. Late last night I was trying to get a group with the seed on Ilum and had no luck at all. Came back this morning and got a 3 dps + me group which cleared it ok.

Then I went to Nar Shadda and it took about half an hour, including asking 3-4 times in general to get a 2xhealer + 2xdps group which made it through both Dark Design and the Shroud's Last Stand.

Looking for a tank for those though... now that's difficult because there is just none to be found (I'm sure once my tank reaches those heroic there will be no healers around then). But sentinels can fill in for tanks in a pinch.

Ansalem
04.21.2013 , 02:50 PM | #28
this is exactly why guilds exist in game. Join one, guildies can help. Pugs are utterly useless to depend on in this game. 95% of the population is mentally handicapped.

Slowpokeking
04.21.2013 , 04:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
this is exactly why guilds exist in game. Join one, guildies can help. Pugs are utterly useless to depend on in this game. 95% of the population is mentally handicapped.
I don't think such quests should be guild only. And even my guild didn't help me before the final boss.

Darth_Haderach
04.21.2013 , 09:18 PM | #30
Making the mission repeatable (the final part, not the chain) with lucrative daily or weekly award seems a good idea to me. This way players who did not catch the initial wave of people finishing the chain will still have excellent chances of finding groups. Even for a guild, it can get tiresome to have people repeatedly help with no personal material gain, no matter what values your guild holds.