Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shoulder cannon is the worst of the new abilities by far

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Vanguard
Shoulder cannon is the worst of the new abilities by far

bglodt
04.18.2013 , 12:55 PM | #21
It's not a bad power. It's just not a great power. It's underwhelming. They need to up the damage, or replace AP in assault with a launch all missiles power... Or increase the range on it. Quite honestly outside of pve tanking non bosses... It's meh. In pvp... It doesn't heal for that much... Again, it's not bad. It's just not in par with scamper, teleport, or other new abilities.
Zenick Bladeborne, 50 Vanguard, Tranquility, JC
Zenfor Bladeborne, 50 Jedi Sentinel, Tranquility, JC

I play the vaunted 31/31/31 spec... It's not that good though.

Macroeconomics
04.19.2013 , 03:31 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
The shoulder cannon is pretty much useless. It takes too long to load, too long to fire, and doesn't do very much damage. It is worthless in PvE while the other abilities are not. Yeah you can use it while you are stunned, but who cares when it's so slow to fire, doesn't do any real significant damage and with the increase dps of every other class you die so fast while stunned to really benefit from it.
Electro Net is worthless in PvE, since all the boss mobs have immunity to movement impairing effects. At least shoulder cannon will add 4.5k of damage over 90 seconds.

Personally I really like the gameplay aspects of shoulder cannon. You are pressing buttons much faster. It makes the game a lot of fun. It's just a shame you get to do that for 6 seconds out of every 120 or so. If shoulder cannon were on a 30 sec CD, I'd actually play my Pyro again.

hallucigenocide
04.19.2013 , 04:24 AM | #23
as AP(tactics) it hits pretty good.. i get around 2k hits each time that's x7

and im still running around in war hero gear.. cant wait to see what it does when i'm better geared

JimmyTheCannon
04.19.2013 , 06:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
Electro Net is worthless in PvE, since all the boss mobs have immunity to movement impairing effects. At least shoulder cannon will add 4.5k of damage over 90 seconds.
It's not worthless. It won't snare, but it'll still add DPS, more if they move.

It's just like using it against a player in PVP if they use their stun break. You'll still get damage out of it, for cheap.

Macroeconomics
04.19.2013 , 09:08 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
It's not worthless. It won't snare, but it'll still add DPS, more if they move.

It's just like using it against a player in PVP if they use their stun break. You'll still get damage out of it, for cheap.
It's worthless. You just spent a GCD that you could have used to try and proc Unload. So yeah you did damage, but no additional (marginal) damage over what you would have done if you had been active. And no, if a player uses his cc breaker, your damage will not increase. Same with boss mobs. Shoulder cannon is a significantly better buff for pve than electro net. Now on the other hand, electro net is better than shoulder cannon for pvp.

Morpurgo
04.21.2013 , 09:15 PM | #26
It would be useful if it actually fired instantly without the need to load and prime it first. They could have really made it into something awesome like Predator weapon but instead it's like stupid fireworks bomb and you need to light the fuse first...
Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain bodyfat. Through bodyfat, I gain weight.
Through weight, my social life is broken.
The Thighmaster shall free me.

MishraArtificer
04.22.2013 , 03:24 AM | #27
THIS. Shoulder Cannon could be great. Increase the range to 30m and have it load all four missiles at once instead of that damned Missile Loaders debuff making me wait nearly 6 seconds to fire off a round. Increase the range on Cryo Grenade back to 30m and Vanguard tanking might stop being annoying as all hell.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!