Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ashara Zavros gifts?

darkonnis
12.21.2011 , 11:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post
I just gave her a Rank 5 Republic Memorabilia and the ungrateful bratt only said "that's quite nice" +60 affection

While I can get +90 affection with a Cultiral Artifact Rank 1 with Khem Val
My understanding was that you have to build in stages. starting at grade 1 and working high. otherwise you get less... atleast that was my understanding, once their loyalty goes over 2000, you move up, then 4000 same again.
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene

Racthoh
12.21.2011 , 02:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by darkonnis View Post
My understanding was that you have to build in stages. starting at grade 1 and working high. otherwise you get less... atleast that was my understanding, once their loyalty goes over 2000, you move up, then 4000 same again.
What is this based off of?

Quote: Originally Posted by yokubou View Post
I gave her Courting just now and she liked it
Where do you stand in the Light/Dark side meter, and what was her affection rating when you gave her one she accepted?

Thanks for reading.

ChazDoit
12.21.2011 , 07:54 PM | #13
I think I will report this as a bug, the ammount of affection gained from gifts is pitiful

Tumedus
12.21.2011 , 08:22 PM | #14
For the first 2000 affection, she has severely reduced increases. After that 2000 she becomes somewhat normal and will accept republic memorabilia at high gain as well as courtship if you are flirting with her.

Edit: If you can stomach going lightside for awhile, getting that first 2k via quest gains is far less frustrating than gifting on cooldown for 40 minutes (stupid pointless timesinks).

ChazDoit
12.21.2011 , 09:20 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumedus View Post
For the first 2000 affection, she has severely reduced increases. After that 2000 she becomes somewhat normal and will accept republic memorabilia at high gain as well as courtship if you are flirting with her..
That doesn't seem right... or maybe it was intended... sneaky designers!

Eagle_Tarquinas
12.21.2011 , 10:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
Where do you stand in the Light/Dark side meter, and what was her affection rating when you gave her one she accepted?

Thanks for reading.
It should be noted that in general courting items get a boost in affection gain once you get to a point where you are in a relationship with one of your companions, or to the point where it is soon. If you don't go that route, they generally give little to nothing.

Solarkane
12.26.2011 , 01:21 PM | #17
I maxed out affection with Ashara pretty quickly once I got past the initial phase. Remember, you're trying to convert a light side Jedi into following the path of the dark side Sith so she's going to be hesitant at first. As mentioned earlier, at first she'll only give +24, +36, etc affection. However, once you progress her storyline and make the right dialog decisions she'll start accepting your luxuries and courting gifts which will net +190 affection gain for a blue gift. Affection has levels like any other xp/rep in the game. Every 2000 affection = 1 rank. You receive 50% of the affection if the gift is a level below your companions current affection level and gifts over their current rank don't really provide any increased gain. Bottom line, give her time, make the right dialog choices, and soon you'll be able to power level her affection through blue weapon and courting gifts that match her current affection rank.

WoodyDave
12.26.2011 , 03:52 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
What is this based off of?

Thanks for reading.
Every explanation on how companion gifts work. Try doing some research.

WoodyDave
12.26.2011 , 03:54 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumedus View Post
For the first 2000 affection, she has severely reduced increases. After that 2000 she becomes somewhat normal and will accept republic memorabilia at high gain as well as courtship if you are flirting with her.

Edit: If you can stomach going lightside for awhile, getting that first 2k via quest gains is far less frustrating than gifting on cooldown for 40 minutes (stupid pointless timesinks).
No need to go lightside. Just base your conversations around her likes, and dismiss her when a darkside decision needs to be made.

Itukaaj
12.26.2011 , 07:18 PM | #20
No, I am sure that she is just high maintenance. And like any high maintenance woman she takes everything for granted.