Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sabslinger rotation.

stormdrakelord
04.15.2013 , 03:16 AM | #1
For those sabslingers out there, what is the rotation for Sabotuer specced gunslinger? I have a 36 sabslinger if anyone wants to know.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Hammamelis
04.15.2013 , 05:17 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
For those sabslingers out there, what is the rotation for Sabotuer specced gunslinger?.
There isn't a fixed, one-size-fits-all rotation of your abilities.

There some guidelines and useful combination of powers, but you still have to match your attacks to the kind of targets you are facing. Some examples:

- facing a melee fighter? Keep him at a distance with Leg Shot, mez him with Flash Grenade, protect yourself with Hunker Down. If he makes it into range: Dirty Kick, Blaster Whip, and Pulse Detonator.

- an enemy shooter? Force him out of cover with Diversion

- a group of trash mobs? XS, Freighter Fly-By, Sweeping Gunfire

- a caster: interrupt him with Distraction, Flash Grenade, or Pulse Detonator

- Florish Shot and Wounding Shot are great openers, because they weaken the target. Follow them up with Shock Charge and/or Sabotage Charge, so these have time to do damage. They may be wasted on weak targets, or strongs ones already close to death.

- Always use your boosts, like Smuggler's Luck for Charged Shot, if possible.

CJNJ
04.17.2013 , 01:09 AM | #3
He said sabslinger, not SS...

EP-SoS is your friend, and don't be afraid to use sabotage, for defense or offense

The spec really gets its role when you get IG and flyby

And lastly SPAM YOUR GRENADE

stormdrakelord
04.17.2013 , 01:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
He said sabslinger, not SS...

EP-SoS is your friend, and don't be afraid to use sabotage, for defense or offense

The spec really gets its role when you get IG and flyby

And lastly SPAM YOUR GRENADE
care to clarify on the bold...

Hammamelis
04.17.2013 , 04:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
care to clarify on the bold...
Explosive Probe = Imperial Agent speak for the Saboteur's Sabotage Charge.

Which is quite powerful, especially if you spec into Contingency Charges, its boosted version .

Or maybe he meant Shock Charge, which doesn't explode and does energy DoT, instead of burst kinetic.

Both are best used on Strong/Elite/Champion/Boss targets, right after weakening their defenses with Flourish Shot.

CJNJ
04.17.2013 , 03:16 PM | #6
Sorry i knew id miss one, it's explosive probe-series of shots, or in pub terms sabotage charge-speed shot. It's a very nice combo

stormdrakelord
04.17.2013 , 03:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
Sorry i knew id miss one, it's explosive probe-series of shots, or in pub terms sabotage charge-speed shot. It's a very nice combo
tried the combo, is fun.

Bzallen
04.19.2013 , 02:09 PM | #8
I like Flourish shot -> Sab charge -> Shock charge -> Vital Shot -> speed shot -> aimed shot for Singles and for mobs I like Xs-> Incid grendade -> thermal grenade -> sweeping gunfire puts out lots of damage on groups so you have to watch your threat might pop surrender in there if you cant kill them fast