Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 55 HM Bonus Bosses are too anti-melee

emidas
04.19.2013 , 01:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Cademimu pulls you in, regardless of range. Hammer station stuns the whole area, regardless of range. Athiss knocks back whole area, regardless of range.

The only one which is somewhat melee biased is the one on mandalorian raiders due to the temporary aoe.
You are completely incorrect about Hammer Station. As a Slinger, I have never been hit by it.
Slingemi 55 Gunslinger | Emidas 50 Scoundrel | Crimp 50 Vanguard
Snipemi 55 Sniper | Sithyllis 50 Marauder |Vagemi 39 Powertech
The Chatos Academy - Officer

Slowpokeking
04.19.2013 , 01:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
I read that too, but 29.5 away and I still got stunned. Maybe it is distance and angle, but when I tried a different area the same distance, I had LOS issues healing the tank.
As a sniper it does not work every time but did avoid some stuns for me.

Ocho-Quatro
04.19.2013 , 01:54 PM | #13
Generally speaking, all (most) boss fights are not melee friendly. Between AoE, knockback, cleaves, etc... Melee dps has to play smart.

Take Denova for example... As a ranged DPS at Toth/Zorn, you can avoid 99% of the damage in the raid. As a melee dps? Even if you do everything right, you are still eating Toth's stomps at a bare minimum.

SWTOR is not the only MMO to do this. It's par for the course quite honestly.
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe (55) Sage - Ellip'sis (55) Vanguard - Quotation (55) Sentinel
Aster'isk (55) Mercenary - Back'slash (55) Assassin - Per'iod (55) Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

Powerrmongerr
04.19.2013 , 02:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
Generally speaking, all (most) boss fights are not melee friendly. Between AoE, knockback, cleaves, etc... Melee dps has to play smart.

Take Denova for example... As a ranged DPS at Toth/Zorn, you can avoid 99% of the damage in the raid. As a melee dps? Even if you do everything right, you are still eating Toth's stomps at a bare minimum.

SWTOR is not the only MMO to do this. It's par for the course quite honestly.
Absolutely true. And, what I found particularly interesting is that this trend has continued into S&V. In fact, I would say that two or three of the S&V fights, particularly in hard mode, are just brutal on melee without consistently excellent execution. If you're a marauder, the class's benefits in terms of sheer damage and fantastic/unique cooldowns probably make for a decent trade-off, but the other melee dps classes? Why bother? Doesn't seem like operatives, assassins, or juggernauts were extraordinarily buffed in 2.0.

Powerrmongerr
04.19.2013 , 02:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
How undergeared are all the people having issues with the 55 HM's ? it suggests 63 gear, and they aren't joking, personally I haven't had any issues with any of them on my PT in mostly 61 but if you are 58's or lower, you are gonna have a bad time.
Seems like everyone who currently queues for level 55 fps falls within one of two categories:

1.)min/maxed for months and chewing the new content up alive, or

2.)Horribly undergeared due to being a new player, guildless, or solo oriented.

It's weird, or maybe my sample size is small. I'm consistently grouped with either obvious raiders or painfully, horribly fresh, non-augmented 55s. I haven't seen a single decently geared mid-level Rakata-ish player, it's either min/maxed dreadguard or above or random tionese/recruit/fresh 55 garbage.

Folks in random crapola could manage in the old hm flashpoints. The new 55 fps? If you didn't have raid level, above rakata gear going into 2.0 and you're trying to get it now you are going to have a rough time. Particularly if you are a tank or a healer.

mikebevo
04.19.2013 , 03:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Powerrmongerr View Post
Folks in random crapola could manage in the old hm flashpoints. The new 55 fps? If you didn't have raid level, above rakata gear going into 2.0 and you're trying to get it now you are going to have a rough time. Particularly if you are a tank or a healer.
Which is a total joke considering how easy it is to campaign/bh/hazmat gear now. People go do a few hm 50 flashpoints and/or HM/NIM EV or KP. My seldom used Alt infiltration shadow did one run of NIM EV and went from BH/Campaign to almost full Hazmat in one run.

Eshmael
04.19.2013 , 03:48 PM | #17
You should rename the thread to:
Level 55 HM Bonus Bosses are too anti-non-gunslinger dps.

Because personally bunkered down i have no problem with aoe stuns, or similiar mechanics =)
The "Esh" Legacy - LVL 690

Mavery
04.19.2013 , 04:01 PM | #18
Sometimes I wonder if people make these threads just to be laughed at.

You can stand in all of the "AOE" and be fine. I've watched melee stand in the Sith's Force Storm and barely take any damage. The same goes for Gil. The stun? Meh, doesn't impact your ability to kill the boss.

If you're not beating the enrages for these bonus bosses, it's not because it's anti-melee. It's because of you.
Elidibs Draconis, Kinetic Shadow
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

GeckoOBac
04.19.2013 , 04:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by emidas View Post
You are completely incorrect about Hammer Station. As a Slinger, I have never been hit by it.
Perhaps it's limited to 30 m then. So one out of 8 classes can avoid it. Doesn't really matter though.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

Slowpokeking
04.19.2013 , 04:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
Sometimes I wonder if people make these threads just to be laughed at.

You can stand in all of the "AOE" and be fine. I've watched melee stand in the Sith's Force Storm and barely take any damage. The same goes for Gil. The stun? Meh, doesn't impact your ability to kill the boss.

If you're not beating the enrages for these bonus bosses, it's not because it's anti-melee. It's because of you.
But many groups I've encountered have such problem. It is indeed easier with 2 range DPS than 2 melee, under the level of same gear and skills.

You can't say someone can do it so everyone should be able to do it.