Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 55 HM Bonus Bosses are too anti-melee

Slowpokeking
04.19.2013 , 11:26 AM | #1
Except the one on Athiss, the other 3 all have aoe around themselves, with a melee DPSer it's much easier to enrage because they have to spend time to dodge it.

Loknido
04.19.2013 , 11:52 AM | #2
lol wut?
Imdabes

GeckoOBac
04.19.2013 , 12:02 PM | #3
Cademimu pulls you in, regardless of range. Hammer station stuns the whole area, regardless of range. Athiss knocks back whole area, regardless of range.

The only one which is somewhat melee biased is the one on mandalorian raiders due to the temporary aoe.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

smokesnake
04.19.2013 , 12:13 PM | #4
the aoe on mando won't affected the melee if the tank taunts right as boss switches targets or right as the red circle comes out. this will make the boss cone back to the tank and the tank can handle the damage. from what my guild has seen even though the red circle goes all the way around the boss he is still only doing a frontal cleave. as long as the tank has the boss during that the melee can still attack from behind.

Slowpokeking
04.19.2013 , 12:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Cademimu pulls you in, regardless of range. Hammer station stuns the whole area, regardless of range. Athiss knocks back whole area, regardless of range.

The only one which is somewhat melee biased is the one on mandalorian raiders due to the temporary aoe.
Both Cade and Hammer Station's bonus bosses' aoe could be avoided if you stay far enough or stay behind the box. Especially the Sith in Cade.

Viridiana
04.19.2013 , 12:32 PM | #6
How undergeared are all the people having issues with the 55 HM's ? it suggests 63 gear, and they aren't joking, personally I haven't had any issues with any of them on my PT in mostly 61 but if you are 58's or lower, you are gonna have a bad time.

UnluckyChums
04.19.2013 , 12:47 PM | #7
Coming from somebody who frequently farms all the 55 FP's as a Marauder:

Hammer - groupwide stun. Even ranged will be stunned, unless it's a merc with Hydraulic Overdrive or something similar.
Cad - Boss pulls the entire group into the AoE; everybody needs to run out, including ranged. So melee and ranged have the same downtime on that.
Mandolorian Raiders - The only one I could see people MAYBE having a problem with, but that circle only has a radius of about 3m. Melee range is 4m. Self-explanatory.

Slowpokeking
04.19.2013 , 12:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by UnluckyChums View Post
Coming from somebody who frequently farms all the 55 FP's as a Marauder:

Hammer - groupwide stun. Even ranged will be stunned, unless it's a merc with Hydraulic Overdrive or something similar.
Stay far enough could avoid some stun.

Quote:
Cad - Boss pulls the entire group into the AoE; everybody needs to run out, including ranged. So melee and ranged have the same downtime on that.
Stay behind the box and the boss' pull would not work on you.

mikebevo
04.19.2013 , 12:58 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Stay far enough could avoid some stun.
I read that too, but 29.5 away and I still got stunned. Maybe it is distance and angle, but when I tried a different area the same distance, I had LOS issues healing the tank.

Soxbadger
04.19.2013 , 01:04 PM | #10
Ive never been able to stay far away to not be stunned and be in range to heal. Ive tried to find that perfect spot, but it does not exist. The best I can do is pick a location where I wont get knocked back and just deal with it.

Im really not sure what the problem is actually. When Im healing dps really never go down. The only person who really should be taking massive damage is the tank. Those aoes on the dps are easily healed through.

If anyone should be complaining its the healers who at range are being stunned, losing health and then have to juggle who to heal first, when both tank and healer have taken damage.

But if I didnt get stunned, those fights would be really easy.