Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Vanguard DPS: Assault Spec (and how it was ruined)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
PVP Vanguard DPS: Assault Spec (and how it was ruined)

LorneG
02.10.2013 , 03:36 AM | #11
Ya I see ur point, We have no abilities to get to someone now, like n/m pull. We have no speed increase during combat our only move on the go is hammershot, I don't see y they reduced our 4 sec stun to 10m and IR; However I do like that they put AP and SGrenade on seperate CDs. Now we can get a lot of burst off if we put both on a target hit them with IR then HIB we can get 10k+ dmg in a few seconds.

But I does suck that we are mostly stuck in 10ms or less, FA doesn't to as much as Commando and the only other thing at 30ms is Explosive Round which costs 3 ammo,

Scarymike
04.17.2013 , 07:00 PM | #12
I have both assault commando and vangaurd, and vangaurds dps is way better then commando dps.
Scarymike

PanVandemar
04.18.2013 , 03:23 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
If you played Assault as a mid to long range class before, you were a baddy. You're still a baddy now, it's just more obvious.

Assault spec is still the best single target burst DPS in the game, bar none. Deal with it.
LOOOL you evidently dont play it :-) It has no burst dmg now :-)

PanVandemar
04.18.2013 , 03:40 AM | #14
There is huge problem with balance. I am now in WZ 2/3-3/4 of damage done before patch. With the overal increase of damage and healing of all classes its just pathetic. And i am talking about overal dmg now. The burst dmg was done mostly by good timing of skils and assault plastique. Plastique is now useless because it lacks burst. So killing like we did before is impossible. We cannot even kill good healer 1vs1 no matter how hard we try. Survivability is the other thing. Just look at sentinels that have better survivability and twice the damage. I dont know what led the developers to nerfing more than one skill on rotation thus ruining it entirely. If you nerf one skill - you can predict what will happen - but why they did to more skills and detroyed this spec eludes me.

By the way to this thread : PVP vanguard as long range ? Damn you must have sucked in pvp. That is is not how this class is played :-)

tdjeter
04.19.2013 , 06:47 AM | #15
who is using full auto as a vanguard? leave that **** where its supposed to be, with the commando's

Luco-Zade
04.19.2013 , 07:19 AM | #16
I keep FA on the bar, it has its uses. Best one i know of is when a 'sin is trying to force speed away from you, it follows them well enough

Keypek
04.19.2013 , 08:31 AM | #17
It's a necro thread from the first time they nerfed our range back in november just fyi.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
Vanguard dps for nim progression. 55s=1 of everything.
Undercon__ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands