Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Only 3 advanced classes can CC?

Tigsen
12.21.2011 , 09:02 AM | #11
Just to clarify (as I play a sorceror), all Inquisitors get the Whirlwind CC ability. It starts out as only lasting 8 seconds, I believe. If you then take the Sorceror advanced class the Whirlwind hold time upgrades to 60 seconds. The cooldown on the ability is also 60 seconds, so it is easy to know when the held target is about to be released.

I can't speak to the hold abilities of any other classes, sorry.

Tigsen

Midimatt
12.21.2011 , 09:47 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodisius View Post

Commando (Merc): Concussive round (Jet boost)

The Bounty hunter Equivalent for that is Concussion Missile and its only available for Mercenary AC.

Jet Boost is the Merc version of Concussive Charge, which isn't a CC, its a knockback.

cdestuntman
12.21.2011 , 09:53 AM | #13
Very helpful thread! Keep it going! ^.^
Scoundrel? Scoundrel? I like the sound of that.

Theodisius
12.21.2011 , 09:55 AM | #14
I'll keep updating the OP based on information received. Thanks for the responses so far.

Thallex
12.21.2011 , 11:22 AM | #15
I'm biased as I'm a Gunslinger (And I do have CC, slice droid) but shouldn't the pure DPS classes be the only ones with CC? After all, we should be absolutely NEEDED for something.

Ullikummi
12.21.2011 , 12:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Thallex View Post
I'm biased as I'm a Gunslinger (And I do have CC, slice droid) but shouldn't the pure DPS classes be the only ones with CC? After all, we should be absolutely NEEDED for something.
Every class in this game is packed with utility, you guys are the only ones that get "bloodlust" style group wide buffs. Every group at 50 will be looking to score a Gunslinger and/or Sentinel. In fact, unless we get a "sated" style debuff then people will prob fill up all their DPS slots with the two classes. The healers can CC, so why bring a Scoundrel?

Sath_Wishes
12.21.2011 , 12:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Thallex View Post
Armor Pen Debuff ? A Gunslinger / Sniper is totally needed.

skylerlusc
12.21.2011 , 01:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by akenatoth View Post
Whirlwind is not an Advanced Class skill for Sith Inquisitor, every Inquisitor has it afaik.

Aken
Correct but Sage/Sorceror get a 60 second one, while Shadow/Assassin only get an 8 second one.

Albytaps
12.21.2011 , 02:02 PM | #19
As someone already said, an Imperial Agent SNIPER also has Slice Droid... which in fact is a 60 second CC that has no cooldown. We can repeatedly CC droids over and over without having to wait for a cooldown but can only have one CC'd at a time. The only downside is it only works for droids and only one at a time.
THE 8-BIT COALITION
A MATURE GAMERS' GUILD

mydogclimbstree
12.21.2011 , 02:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ullikummi View Post
The healers can CC, so why bring a Scoundrel?
Scoundrels are main healers when traited sawbones.
Kym- Healer of Phil