Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Classic Comms and the Old Elder Gear

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Coldin
04.17.2013 , 11:52 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
It was pretty obvious they were going to need to raise the caps....although some people were jumping off of ledges over this. But the changes doesn't necessarily indicate that the caps had anything to do with players stacking comms for the 2.0 conversion. More likely, they didn't anticipate how fast players can rack up commendations when they play 15-20 hours per day. Just like their estimates for how long it will take players to burn through new content, they continually underestimate the amount of time some people will actually spend every playing the game every day.
Well, I got my tin foil hat on pretty tight for this.

Kind of wish they would raise the warzone commendation caps too.

Avorniel
04.18.2013 , 01:27 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

As a followup to Jesse's post I wanted to give an update on Classic Commendations along with some other changes coming very soon! Here is what will be changing this coming Tuesday in Game Update 2.0.1:
  • Planetary Commendations now have a maximum cap of 100 (up from 50).
  • Classic Commendations now have a maximum cap of 1000 (up from 400).
  • Classic Commendations no longer have a weekly cap.
  • Basic Commendations now have a maximum cap of 1000 (up from 600).
  • Basic Commendations now have a weekly cap of 500 (up from 300).
Thanks!

-eric
Well thanks for doing this,just wish it was thought about properly before the reduction as myself and others lost a heck of a lot of comms..I am not asking for them back but things like this please please do more research when doing this kind of change,it makes you as a company look good and looking after us your customer's and saves face when like this your back peddling to appease everyone.

Anyway good job

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev

ROG-Sim
04.18.2013 , 02:38 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Avorniel View Post
Well thanks for doing this,just wish it was thought about properly before the reduction as myself and others lost a heck of a lot of comms..I am not asking for them back but things like this please please do more research when doing this kind of change,it makes you as a company look good and looking after us your customer's and saves face when like this your back peddling to appease everyone.

Anyway good job

Before you do any, any changes to the game, how about asking community bout it?

Seriously does no one from development team actually play the game? Sorry, i may be wrong, but sometimes it just feels this way.

Why all the developer struggle for nothing and then have to deal with consequences and raging community - in the end anyway altering their decisions and spending time & credits.

I'm an engineer myself and i know you never gonna get everything right even with all the methods of brainstorming and all experiences you have.

There's hundreds of people out there on the internet having amazing ideas and i know its impossible to keep track of all of them. But in this case making community working for you could be a good idea. By my opinion there's not much missing to make this system work for BW so they could get purified, filtered ideas to the developers, same goes for the feedback about intended changes. Now making this happen is guess part of BW way of managing their staff but if I would be in charge i'd definitely try to gather information and feedback, then filter the ''bul**hit'' and deliver more realistic picture to the development and decision making stuff - this is mandatory if you don't want to make decisions with undesired consequences.

Regarding changes to the game:
Expanding communication outside business world to the actual users on a proper way could be challenging.
At my opinion BW should have a hand picked individuals, guilds,... that would be able to communicate with BW stuff directly, giving them feedback, and iím sure many folks would gladly cooperate - yes for free more people involved - more knowledge - better product.

Now i'm afraid that lack of communication with professional staff and customers is something that many shrewd individuals overcame a long ago with projects where developers and customers cooperate on a whole another level.

ZionHalcyon
04.18.2013 , 07:09 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Saregon View Post
Now put the Tionese/Columi/Rakata armor shells on the vendors and I'll be happy. I never got my agent to 50 before the expansion launched so he never got his ninja gear.
Why?

Crafters can make these now.
BobVader - We will always remember.
Remain civil in the face of incivility, lest you be the barbarian.

AlixMV
04.18.2013 , 10:11 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
More likely, they didn't anticipate how fast players can rack up commendations when they play 15-20 hours per day.
Heck. I've done one SM Op and 2 HM FPs this week and I'm already 75% of the way to the cap. And I've only played for about five hours.

15-20 hours is overstating it.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Benfea
04.18.2013 , 10:23 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Hmm. That's some really big cap raises.

Basically tells me that the reason the original caps were there was so players wouldn't go into Update 2.0 with a bunch of classic and planetary commendations.
Not really.

Nearly all MMORPGs do something to restrict the rate at which endgame gear can be accumulated.

The idea is that if it takes you a while to get all of your gear, you're going to be more willing to help other people get their gear. The problem with the method of caps is that it is counterproductive. Once you've hit the cap, you have no incentive to do any more group content for the rest of the week.
"It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange."
-Takeshi Kaga

ChewyYui
04.18.2013 , 04:50 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

As a followup to Jesse's post I wanted to give an update on Classic Commendations along with some other changes coming very soon! Here is what will be changing this coming Tuesday in Game Update 2.0.1:
  • Planetary Commendations now have a maximum cap of 100 (up from 50).
  • Classic Commendations now have a maximum cap of 1000 (up from 400).
  • Classic Commendations no longer have a weekly cap.
  • Basic Commendations now have a maximum cap of 1000 (up from 600).
  • Basic Commendations now have a weekly cap of 500 (up from 300).
Thanks!

-eric
Shame there is no increase to the Elite commendations, because they cap VERY quick
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

ThomasB
04.19.2013 , 06:01 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
Shame there is no increase to the Elite commendations, because they cap VERY quick
I can only agree with that sentiment.
Shery'l @ Twisted @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Kayle @ Imperial Loyalists @ The Progenitor

- The ability to topple the MMO Market is insignificant next to the power of the force.

Ludwig_VanCover
04.20.2013 , 01:38 PM | #69
I capped on weekly elite comms Thursday after the reset so now I have a lot of missions that I have to wait to complete so I don't lose comms. I really wish they could remove the limit (but keep, or lower, the cap) or allow overflow. Any more info on elite comms?
░▒ General Ludwig VanCover - The Army of Light ▒░
░▒ "The Time is Always Right to Do What is Right." ▒░
Acting Grandmaster of The Army of Light | Recruiting Tanks, and Healers
Commando Healer Extraordinaire - TEH Server

Beaunidle
04.21.2013 , 09:24 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Avorniel View Post

Anyway good job

It was pointed out repeatedly on the PTS forums that the caps were far too low, the feedback was there, but apparently it was overlooked or ignored.

I've hit comms caps on multiple chars each week since 2,0 release and lost I dread to think how many commendations over cap, let alone the items that went missing in rollbacks due to server crashes, it's very frustrating and not at all the sort of thing that makes me want to play.

As predicted by many people, comms caps actively push people away rather than drawing people in by rewarding play.