Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Random" Name Generator

Manhand
04.13.2013 , 05:33 PM | #1
Hey so a lot of the "Random" generated names are taken. So it really does nothing to help an indecisive user to pick a name.

Why not add a rule in there that removes the currently taken names from there... come on.

Kronosam
04.13.2013 , 05:52 PM | #2
I agree, a lot of the time when I randomly generate a name it's take .
Marauders can use double bladed lightsabers
Te end

AlexDougherty
04.14.2013 , 05:14 AM | #3
That's why I don't randomly generate names, I have a list of names from another Sci-Fi series and choose names I feel are Star-Warsy enough.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

KaraPeters
04.18.2013 , 03:55 PM | #4
I just take a name I really like and move the letters around a bit, double up on some letters like L's or D's, or add H's. It always perplexed me too why random name generators in MMORPGs don't remove a name from the randomizing database once it's used.

OwenP
04.18.2013 , 04:45 PM | #5
I usually have a name ready for a new character but like to burn through a dozen or so 'random' names to see if anything pops out that I can modify or use.

The funny thing was I tried to use my name 'Owen' when first creating a character but someone already had it (or it was blocked since there is an Uncle Owen in the original movies) but running through some random names the name 'Owen' came up! Great I thought: it must have been released for use so I tried and it failed...

So, yeah, I agree with OP, the random names should be removed from the generator when used, made me happy then sad....
He's no good to me dead