Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the shackles

AshlaBoga
04.18.2013 , 04:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
I never had 4 people be shackled before. I like the mechanic as it requires people to actually do something other than dps the boss. Keep it in.
I don't even think the General can shackle 3 people at once.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

grallmate
04.18.2013 , 04:05 PM | #12
Really this comes down to stop playing like a derp. Sentinels need to stop trying to hold hands with the tank. We tanks turn mobs and bosses away from the group for a reason. Similarly, DPS need to pay attention and free other players when they get shackled so you don't end up with the whole group rooted.

As has been said, the shackles are a small AoE centered on a person other than the tank, spread out and be alert.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

JSunrider
04.18.2013 , 04:18 PM | #13
I didn't realize the shackle was an aoe attack centered on a player. That's helpful.

However, I've definitely seen some trolling with the shackles. Player 1 goes over to unshackle Player 2, and both get hit with a shackle. Not cool.

Agreed that it's a good mechanic though. Fight is just different, not a dps race of any kind.

TralyanSavo
04.18.2013 , 04:32 PM | #14
We've actually been keeping tight on shackles and have never had all 4 players shackled. The thinking is that if we are close, less movement is required to keep them.

CC breaks are best saved for situations where you'll die if you don't break out. Shadows have the snare clearing force run and force of will. Sages have the new bubble thing and force of will. Troopers have the new cc clear and speed boost and their old cc clear. Just use these and have a heads up team.

The shackles are very doable. If they pull this mechanic, I hope they add something to make up for it. This boss is a fun one.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

DarthZak
04.18.2013 , 04:35 PM | #15
Stay ahead of the tank and youre golden, stop whining
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Plikk
04.18.2013 , 04:37 PM | #16
Out of all the things in that fight to ask to be removed, why would you ask for that?

KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING KEEP FIRING
Deatch
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Doyletdude
04.18.2013 , 04:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
Remove the shackles from HM Cademimu. It the makes FP practically unbeatable. I mean what are you supposed all 4 people get shackles? Or everyone is given shackles and then knocked into the fire.
I strongly disagree with any opinion that one of our few precious 55 flashpoints need a nerf. We only have 4 of them to entertain us and the last thing anyone should want is make one of them more boring. if one of them is challenging your group, be thankful to the developers they made it interesting!
concerning your particular problem, with practice the shackles will become more of a fun mechanic and less of headache, they are totally doable as a pug. i found the wookiee/ugnaught fight to be harder without proper strategy.
everyone needs to stop calling for nerfs or else we will all be sad when they do nerf it and it becomes boring.

CounterfeitBubba
04.18.2013 , 06:12 PM | #18
My problem with the shackle boss is this:

When the smoke comes down and its our que to run to a safe corner we all start to run in that direction, and at that exact moment the boss decides to put shackles on me as my other 3 teammates are running to safety.

So there I am shackled and my evasion ability doesn't work to remove the root. I haven't tried the new covered escape. Anyways... my teammate come back to me to remove the shackle and we are both caught in the fire and die or he doesn't reach me intime and I die and he lives.

It's that part of the timing for shackles that I dispute. The boss shouldn't decide to shackle me as we are running to safe corner.This cuases wipes to occur.

This happened to me 4 times in a row on one run in cadimimuu, but didn't happen the other 3 times I ran this place to me or anybody else. Perhaps it was bad luck but might be worth looking into by the devs.
Tw'yl 55 MM Sniper Valor 94 Beer Thirty Guild Jedi Covenant Server

brlarson
04.19.2013 , 03:49 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I just ran this for the first time and we had three people get shackled at once. I didn't realize that the shackle was aoe, does anyone know approximately how far from the target people are effected?

Never_Hesitate
04.19.2013 , 04:17 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
He can, in my very first try on him, we stood all on one spot and he shackled all of us ^^

Quote: Originally Posted by brlarson View Post
I just ran this for the first time and we had three people get shackled at once. I didn't realize that the shackle was aoe, does anyone know approximately how far from the target people are effected?
I estimate about 2-4 m radius
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian