Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

@Beesodd - out of pure curiousity :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
@Beesodd - out of pure curiousity :)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

spacerobot
04.18.2013 , 01:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post
That was the answer we were looking for.

The majority of the studio play on the 'official' servers on pretty much a daily basis. We aren't allowed to say what our character names are or even that we work here to our guild-mates, but we do play... Some of us more than others of course!

We even have mini competitions between ourselves to see who can play the most of the most things.
I would love to see the internal list of identified issues and gripes the covert Bioware employees have put together while playing the game. Any chance of you sharing that?

There always seems to be an us vs. them deal between the players and the devs. It would be cool to see how the devs as players view the game.

ninjonxb
04.18.2013 , 01:08 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by spacerobot View Post
I would love to see the internal list of identified issues and gripes the covert Bioware employees have put together while playing the game. Any chance of you sharing that?
With the exception of the known issues list. I don't think we will see anything else.

A developer seeing a bug and a player seeing a bug are very different. They may find a bug and instead of filing a new bug report. They may just add it as a symptom of something else.

It would probably require more work that necessary to take those bugs and separate them into a list for players in a way that does not reveal critical information.
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

funkiestj
04.18.2013 , 01:17 PM | #23
Anonymous and Jullian Assange are now on the case. Massive trove of leaked memos to be provided shortly.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

spacerobot
04.18.2013 , 01:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Anonymous and Jullian Assange are now on the case. Massive trove of leaked memos to be provided shortly.
Lol. Yeah i guess they would be able to get at those.

EricMusco
04.18.2013 , 01:25 PM | #25 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
I just hope. That the employees are not bared from helping a raiding guild with a mechanic or someone asking a question about a new quest in general chat. Especially if it one they may have designed
This kind of thing would be up to each individual. At the end of the day when I am sitting in my living room playing SWTOR I am just another player in the universe

With that being said I usually make it a point to help people when I can, especially with people asking questions in general chat etc. That kind of stuff can get lost in general chat "chatter" so I try to help those folks when I can.

There always seems to be an us vs. them deal between the players and the devs. It would be cool to see how the devs as players view the game.
I try to use general chat in a couple of different situations. Any time we release a new game update, etc. I will always park my character on the fleet and watch general chat to monitor for any issues that may pop up. It gives another stream of information to watch besides the forums and social media.

When I am playing personally, I will always try to take note of issues I see people report or just shoot a reminder email to myself and Amber to have it looked into the next workday. Mileage will vary by person but I can speak for myself in saying that I definitely use my experience in game to help pass on information to folks internally!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Joesixxpack
04.18.2013 , 01:26 PM | #26
Beesodd = good name.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

ninjonxb
04.18.2013 , 01:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This kind of thing would be up to each individual. At the end of the day when I am sitting in my living room playing SWTOR I am just another player in the universe

With that being said I usually make it a point to help people when I can, especially with people asking questions in general chat etc. That kind of stuff can get lost in general chat "chatter" so I try to help those folks when I can.

I try to use general chat in a couple of different situations. Any time we release a new game update, etc. I will always park my character on the fleet and watch general chat to monitor for any issues that may pop up. It gives another stream of information to watch besides the forums and social media.

When I am playing personally, I will always try to take note of issues I see people report or just shoot a reminder email to myself and Amber to have it looked into the next workday. Mileage will vary by person but I can speak for myself in saying that I definitely use my experience in game to help pass on information to folks internally!

-eric
It is good to hear that the people working on this game are not just being paid to make the game and they actually play the game.
I am sure there is at least one person who is either just not a gamer or who doesn't play the game but they are still there for one reason or another.

I also think it is a sign of the people who work on this game. Personally working in the Eng dept at work, the last thing I want to do when I go home is see our website. But then again we don't make games

Edit: I also can't imagine how it feels to see a bug you thought you personally fixed in production

spacerobot
04.18.2013 , 01:31 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
Have you ever come across an issue while playing that has made you say "What's up with that?" Not something in GC that someone else posted but something you experienced?

Eillack
04.18.2013 , 01:42 PM | #29
Kind of makes me wonder.....if BW staff plays the game too....then why are they so detached from the realities of their mistakes?
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

ninjonxb
04.18.2013 , 01:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Kind of makes me wonder.....if BW staff plays the game too....then why are they so detached from the realities of their mistakes?
Nothing about this game says they are. It is part of development. Game development as a whole is a mess right now. The technology and expectations grew way faster then the tools grew.

They have their priorities and they can only realistically fit so many fixes in when they are also being pushed (by EA and by players) to release new content.

It is part of sprint planning. Say they do a 2 week sprint per team. They have to determine at the beginning what they are going to do in that time and the only deviate if they have to hotfix something. (I am assuming SWTOR uses an Agile structure because Bioware mentioned using Agile and not Waterfall during the "Get a job at bioware" at pax east.