Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the shackles

Bugattiboy
04.18.2013 , 12:13 PM | #1
Remove the shackles from HM Cademimu. It the makes FP practically unbeatable. I mean what are you supposed all 4 people get shackles? Or everyone is given shackles and then knocked into the fire.

Zellfel
04.18.2013 , 12:16 PM | #2
Tank the boss against the wall, have the dps and healers spread out a bit so not all 4 of you get the shackles. Use your CC breaker in an emergency. The main thing is just to not have everyone stack up so it doesn't apply to multiple people.
Jedi Covenant-US
Mikhal - 55 Jedi Guardian Zellfel - 55 Jedi Sentinel
Jedi Covenant-US
Andvari - 55 Sith Juggernaut Eldarm - 50 Sith Marauder

bbare
04.18.2013 , 12:16 PM | #3
The shackles are really easy to see and it takes only a sprint to the player to remove them. The fire also seems to spawn in the same place every time. The fight is rather easy if everyone knows the mechanics. That fight is balanced accordingly. Just because you fail to complete it, it doesn't mean its "impossible." Its not even hard.
The Vanity Legacy

LarryRow
04.18.2013 , 12:22 PM | #4
Yeah, spreading out is essential.

Of course, it's just awesome when the tank is shackled in the corner right after the dps on the opposite side of the boss have been knocked back, forcing someone to run after the tank while that square is filling up with smoke....

Cademimu is the new Colicoid War Games, as far as pug trolling goes.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Soxbadger
04.18.2013 , 12:23 PM | #5
Without the shackles that fight is way to easy.

If you are having problem with shackles you need to be discussing with your group who has what abilities to break them.

I am a sorc healer, I can break my shackles with 3 different methods (may be 4, Ive never even tried to cleanse). The entire fight is about paying attention to shackles and the fire. I think the boss has less than 500k hp.

All you need to prioritize is, not standing in fire, not being shackled to be in fire, not being knocked back into fire.

As the healer I shifted my camera angle to see the engines. As soon as I knew what 3, I would immediately make people move. You just stop what you are doing, there is nothing more important than getting to the right zone.

The tank would position so that the knock back would be into a corner instead of into another zone where there could possibly be fire.

If you do this, you will have much more success. This fight was not very heal intensive, it just simply was getting to the right zone first, everything else second.

(edit)

The fire does move, but I believe that the engines turn red, before there is actual smoke. So if your healer re-positions camera to see the engines, you can get a little bit of a head start. The reason you may want it to be the healer is that 1) the healer can just heal off the group frame so doesnt need to see the fight and 2) the healer likely has multiple ways to break shackle just in case.

GeckoOBac
04.18.2013 , 12:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
The shackles are really easy to see and it takes only a sprint to the player to remove them. The fire also seems to spawn in the same place every time. The fight is rather easy if everyone knows the mechanics. That fight is balanced accordingly. Just because you fail to complete it, it doesn't mean its "impossible." Its not even hard.
This. Any kind of cc breaker or movement impairment breaker works as well, so consulars and troopers are functionally immune to the shackles. Slingers have hightail it, making them functionally immune as well. Scoundrels have the cc breaker and dodge. Jedi knights are (IIRC) the only classes that only have the standard cc breaker to remove them on their own. That is really a problem only in the case the tank was tanking it in the wrong position and so you got knocked back and shackled in the fire TWICE in the encounter.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

spectreclees
04.18.2013 , 12:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
Remove the shackles from HM Cademimu. It the makes FP practically unbeatable. I mean what are you supposed all 4 people get shackles? Or everyone is given shackles and then knocked into the fire.
I never had 4 people be shackled before. I like the mechanic as it requires people to actually do something other than dps the boss. Keep it in.

ellenbec
04.18.2013 , 12:42 PM | #8
Yes this is a very simple fight.

Your ranged dps needs to spread out and keep good distance between themselves. I've found that tanking the boss with his back to the wall is better than tanking with my back to the wall purely in the aspect of the knockback mechanic. Also quite fun to take a knockback and get pushed into someone who is shackled at the same time to clear the shackle.

And yeah, your CC break is a great oh sh*t I'm standing in fire get out of jail free card. Don't be afraid to use it if you are stuck in a bad spot.
Khuri-PT Operations Lead Covenant Shadows - The Ebon Hawk (US East) Armory Link

Gault: "I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you are not, in fact, a hovertank - no matter how much you dress like one."

Soxbadger
04.18.2013 , 12:46 PM | #9
Im not a tank, but as a healer my preference is for the knockback to be directed into the wall, just because once in a while we were getting a knockback into another zone's fire. Since the boss hp is low and (imo) his damage output is not that high, my only real concern is someone being burnt in the fire.

chuixupu
04.18.2013 , 12:51 PM | #10
Spread out, save your CC break for emergencies, keep an eye out for each other = easy fight.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant