Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers, 10 Months Later....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 10 Months Later....

Icebergy
04.18.2013 , 11:49 AM | #1
It has been 10 months since "the initial phase of our Character Transfer Service".

The community expected paid transfers 9 months ago.

We have gotten NOTHING since then.

The silence is beyond old, it is ancient now. We need to know when this is happening. We need to know why it hasn't happened yet. We need SOMETHING. Bioware has been stringing us along on this for far too long, and I am out of patience. Even if you just gave us your excuse, at least we would know there is something happening with these.

I promise if you give a rough date estimate and aren't able to meet it exactly I will not throw a hissy fit.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Icebergy
04.18.2013 , 12:14 PM | #2
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=594503

The most highly viewed thread in the Cartel Suggestion forum.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Gammawaves
04.18.2013 , 12:18 PM | #3
considering they dont even have a character rename service, the most basic and simple of all services, its not a suprise you cant transfer characters. The common reason given is that they dont have the technology to do transfers since transfers require futuristic advanced technology they havnt discovered yet. Ive also heard that something to do with transferring legacy is a problem.

Syas
04.18.2013 , 12:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Gammawaves View Post
they dont even have a character rename service, the most basic and simple of all services,
I am not saying they shouldn't have a name change service; but what makes you think this is any different than changing, for instance, race or gender?
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

ThePedigree
04.18.2013 , 01:05 PM | #5
I would really like to lift my ship out of the swamp that is Jung Ma. As I said in another thread, we didn't really get a choice of where to go when the servers merged like others did, and the novelty of a RP PVP server died when all the servers went under. Both PVP and RP options are limited at best (this is the lowest pop of the American servers and had the least amount of source servers fed to it). I'd like a choice to rejoin with people that long ago rerolled to greener pastures when the servers were first in limbo.

I stuck it out hoping that the the transfers would come and I wouldn't have to do the same work over and over again, losing legacy, character levels, etc. But at this point I feel like I've been punished for my patience.

Themanthatisi
04.18.2013 , 01:19 PM | #6
I have to agree, its insane why it has taken so long. My wife and I at this point feel we would be happier on a RP server, but the many alts we have, starting fresh is not desirable. To move all the toons we have anyway, may get expensive, so either way, Ill prob be screwed....

Thundergulch
04.18.2013 , 01:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
It has been 10 months since "the initial phase of our Character Transfer Service".

The community expected paid transfers 9 months ago.

We have gotten NOTHING since then.

The silence is beyond old, it is ancient now. We need to know when this is happening. We need to know why it hasn't happened yet. We need SOMETHING. Bioware has been stringing us along on this for far too long, and I am out of patience. Even if you just gave us your excuse, at least we would know there is something happening with these.

I promise if you give a rough date estimate and aren't able to meet it exactly I will not throw a hissy fit.
Where and when did they say we would be able to transfer? I don't ever remember seeing them say this.

Jonoku
04.18.2013 , 01:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Where and when did they say we would be able to transfer? I don't ever remember seeing them say this.
They said it around june in some video that you will be able to transfer off and play with your friends but we've been lied to and later said that its now restricted server transfers then they said they will have server transfers in the fall then they delayed it again.

curtkram
04.18.2013 , 01:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
it's been a while, and lot has happened since the April 27, 2012 blog (1 full year in less than 2 weeks!)
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012
Quote:
Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.
it was about 5 months after this statement that dallas left austin. this was before the server merge, so i suspect it's possible they abandoned this stated plan in favor of another.

as far as i know, there has been no statement definitively saying whether they were going to allow voluntary transfers some day or not. i believe what we're left with is very old statement suggesting voluntary transfers will happen, but the devs know they will not happen unless something catastrophic happens to the population again, like the APAC mess. even then, the solution probably won't have a 'voluntary' element.

it would be nice if they dropped in and put this to rest. just tell us something like they want to do transfers, but it's a very low priority and while they know it's a hot topic among much of the remaining user base they just don't care and isn't going to happen. or maybe they can tell us it's still a high priority, like it's been for over a year, and they will have a solution for us soon(tm).

Jonoku
04.18.2013 , 02:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
it would be nice if they dropped in and put this to rest. just tell us something like they want to do transfers, but it's a very low priority and while they know it's a hot topic among much of the remaining user base they just don't care and isn't going to happen. or maybe they can tell us it's still a high priority, like it's been for over a year, and they will have a solution for us soon(tm).
To them, its one of their top priorities but to us it looks to be a low priority based on how slow their team is moving. They said Soon so many times but it doesn't say much, their soon translates to forever to us.