Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Manhuntxx
04.18.2013 , 11:18 AM | #1
Character Transfer isnt working? i wanna get the hell out from PvP Server Tomb Of Freedon Nadd gotta be worst server for Imperials ever...win/lose procent in pvp is like 200x Lose / 1x Win Republic is 80% winning and so many bad people on Imperial side so..i cba to lvlup / gear my chars again so i wanna move to some better Imperial server and guess what Character Transfer services are not working ... is it ever gonna work ?

Bronholz
04.18.2013 , 11:31 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Manhuntxx,

Thanks for contacting us.

We are aware that this is a service that our players would like and it is something we wish to implement in the future.

For the moment however, as you have seen, this isn't a service that we offer so you will need to continue playing on your current server. We would advise you to keep checking the site for any updates about this service.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Aberd
04.19.2013 , 09:09 PM | #3
Same thing we've been told for over a year now. Coming in the future. Yet BW refuses to explain what the hold up is. This is really starting to get people upset and they have lost numerous subscriptions over it. I for one do not understand why it cannot be implemented. They copied characters to the PTS, they copied characters in the server mergers. Keep posting, maby even submit in game ticket for it. The developers will eventually get the message. (I hope )
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

F-Spock
04.19.2013 , 09:16 PM | #4
Agree with you guys, but unfortunately for different reasons. Most of the friends I played with are now gone, however, I found out one of my buddies from work is playing but of course on a different server. So now all my Legacy bonuses, and 50's are wasting away. I dont want to respend all the cartel points or create the same class of characters or make them a race I don't want, believing that "one day" I'll be able to move my other alts over. PLEASE at least tell us when if ever we may expect this service.

Barumar
04.19.2013 , 09:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aberd View Post
Same thing we've been told for over a year now. Coming in the future. Yet BW refuses to explain what the hold up is. This is really starting to get people upset and they have lost numerous subscriptions over it. I for one do not understand why it cannot be implemented. They copied characters to the PTS, they copied characters in the server mergers. Keep posting, maby even submit in game ticket for it. The developers will eventually get the message. (I hope )
I totally agree - just started playing again, and got someone I want to quest with but both of us have multiple lvl 50 (and higher!) characters we want to move to same server.

The tech was written a year ago - tweak it - CHARGE for it - and offer it before you loose me again!

Barumar

aramisx
04.20.2013 , 01:46 PM | #6
Oh FFS...honestly. New content and i just utterly refuse to log in until I can level with my friends on the server I want.

I hate the server my toon was sent to. I want to move it somewhere else. I just don't understand...this is among the many reasons why this game is dying. Sad too because it's actually an thoroughly enjoyable game.

What kind of MMO doesn't allow it's players to move around their toons (even on a limited basis) at will?

WoW makes you pay for it. Rift lets you do it at will with a seven day cooldown. SWTOR? Nope...

I hate to say it...I've held out as long as I could...but I'm just going to have to pull my sub. And I've been a subscriber since before launch.

This is not good customer service, Bioware. And from a company that had such a high reputation for quality gaming, this is without a doubt, among the most disappointing gaming ventures....right up there with EA's decision to make SimCity online only.

nsaneone
04.20.2013 , 02:19 PM | #7
This is really annoying. How hard can it be to move a set of related records from one database to another?

KhalDrogoe
04.20.2013 , 11:17 PM | #8
I'd like to move off my server as well. I was forced off the server I picked, lost all the character names I was told I could reserve at release, and now all the good players from my origin server are all getting dragged down by all the baddies that we were forced to join.

BTW, don't transfer to Jedi Covenant. Imps are probably worse there than your current one.

I want them to create a "Ranked Warzone" Server where people that want to participate in season 1 of rateds can all come together so we can have some legitimate leaderboards. This server only pre-season 1 garbage is irritating as hell.

Iraq-Lobster, Wakwa, The Marshmallow Legacy POT5
Bloobies - JC

SnowWhite
04.21.2013 , 05:33 PM | #9
Well when Elder Scrolls Online [ ESO ] is open beta you'll see SWToR Die, so much for the 200 milion dollar investment now haha..
BioWare has cut it's own throat over and over, and now it's time to teach them, We Pay, We Play your Game so now We Get Our Say.
Waiting 1yr and 3months now for a Aussie Transfers and Like they said above , Please be Patient.. The Game is Dying and No one barely plays on my server now, I don't see why we're not allowed to buy a Transfer. I thought BioWare was all about the MONEY not the satisfaction of the Customers.

Well BW had a Mass Effect Exit of Sacking over 50% of their PPL I'm not surprised we don't get Satisfaction or a Word in.
A Change in Life, what?! You're joking right?

StrEdgeViper
04.21.2013 , 05:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings Manhuntxx,

Thanks for contacting us.

We are aware that this is a service that our players would like and it is something we wish to implement in the future.

For the moment however, as you have seen, this isn't a service that we offer so you will need to continue playing on your current server. We would advise you to keep checking the site for any updates about this service.

Thanks for your patience.
If i had a dollar for everytime you posted this copy and paste response in the past year....I would be so rich....so rich that I could just pay you to give us character transfers NOW....