Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Hardmode Tuning vs PUG

DonkeyGobbler
04.18.2013 , 02:11 AM | #11
No nerf necessary.

I had early access and rolled into the first one with 61/63 gear, as a PUG. Was it tricky? Yes. Did we wipe? Yes, about 5 times. However, once you've done it once it becomes much easier. I've run each of them about five times now and cleared them fine every time, many times as a PUG.

It's nice to have to pay attention to an HM again to be honest.

Wait until everyone in your group is 66/69/72 and, together with the practice, you'll be facerolling through it in the same way as you do with the level 50 HMs. Then people will complain they're bored and they're too easy...

Infalliable
04.18.2013 , 06:45 AM | #12
There are a couple spots where the trash pulls alpha strike the tanks pretty hard (1 spot when a bunch of strongs bust out of tanks near the start of one of the HMs...yes I know I'm vague)

Overall though, I've pug'd most of them and we've not had any issues. A wipe here and there but nothing out of the ordinary for starting fresh content.

MorgothPl
04.18.2013 , 07:03 AM | #13
Pugged yesterday Athis - it was my first 55 HM as a juggernaut tank. I'm fairly decent geared - with full 66 crafted gear (except one relic, that is still old PvP one), and defensive stats almost at recommended spreadshet (still missing about 80 defense from optimal rating). It was hard, but fun. There were no wipes, though few deaths happens. One because I didn't notice one droid behind pillar shooting at healer, 2nd when sin' dps at the big beast accidentally pressed his area taunt and third, when I failed at avoiding the fire at final boss (but healer managed to combat ress me before wipe )

But... it was challenging in a good meaning of that word. It requires party to communicate, mark CC, use lowering threat skills and some strategic thinking. No more rush/jump/steamroll, like with old stuff. It was not too hard, and anyone who has any experience, knows his class a bit, can do it easily. And we even had a healer in not full BH gear. It was not as brutal as first try of LI HM, but you got to think, you got to cooperate and you have to accept that when something goes wrong you will die.

I'd love to see more of such content. Even if I die and my repair bill skyrockets, I'm still lovin that challenge.

LarryRow
04.18.2013 , 07:05 AM | #14
So far the only nerf needed is for the final Cademimu boss to only ever shackle 3 people max.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Wolvereen
04.18.2013 , 07:12 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vishnell View Post
I've been running HM's since release in mostly 63's with a few pieces of newer gear. I have yet to spend more than an hour trying to clear any of the HMs. I was expecting them to be hard, but they are incredibly easy. In the PUG groups I've been in, we're done more HM's than not without a wipe. Please do not nerf these, they are already way too easy. Very disappointing.
go and play lottery then^^
...maybe this is the challange to win you've been waiting for!

Never_Hesitate
04.18.2013 , 07:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
So far the only nerf needed is for the final Cademimu boss to only ever shackle 3 people max.
Don't stand so close together, problem solved
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

LarryRow
04.18.2013 , 07:35 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Don't stand so close together, problem solved
Dulfy's site made it seem like the shackles were applied randomly. Thanks for the tip!
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Never_Hesitate
04.18.2013 , 07:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Dulfy's site made it seem like the shackles were applied randomly. Thanks for the tip!
they are applied randomly, but when they are applied to player and another stands close to him, he gets the shackles too.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Issreolira
04.18.2013 , 07:45 AM | #19
While I don't think a nerf is necessary I do think fixing the INSANE lag is necessary. The lag in some of these during peak hours is so awful that I see nothing happening and then all of a sudden 6 of my attacks go off at once. It isn't my internet connection, I have no problems with other games, websites, streaming movies, etc.

My tank does seem to squish a lot, a problem that I noticed on the PTS. I always have my defensive cooldowns on cooldown but perhaps that is a result of being in all campaign/dread guard gear instead of the new higher level gear. It has been so long since I did a HM 50 on my tank in the dailies gear (what used to be lowest gear) but I remember feeling squishy then. My advice, give it some time and gear up.

Sidenote, I agree with the repair costs. After a KP run (no deaths at all) my repair bill was 30k. That seems excessive for never dying.

Renata_Roselli
04.18.2013 , 10:03 AM | #20
If you are having problems with Hard Mode FPs then you don't need to be PvEing. You can 3 man all of them.
CarmelaGisella
CoU
Craters on Uranus