Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feature Request] Commendations cap increase via Cartel Market

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[Feature Request] Commendations cap increase via Cartel Market
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thanatus
04.18.2013 , 04:46 AM | #1
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

As a followup to Jesse's post I wanted to give an update on Classic Commendations along with some other changes coming very soon! Here is what will be changing this coming Tuesday in Game Update 2.0.1:
  • Planetary Commendations now have a maximum cap of 100 (up from 50).
  • Classic Commendations now have a maximum cap of 1000 (up from 400).
  • Classic Commendations no longer have a weekly cap.
  • Basic Commendations now have a maximum cap of 1000 (up from 600).
  • Basic Commendations now have a weekly cap of 500 (up from 300).
Thanks!

-eric

Could we please have at least a raise for elite/ultimate commendations bought at the cartel market? I mean, the raised caps are nice, but no one really cares about those commendations - it is the elite/ultimate commendations everyone wants
<Tomb of Freedon Nadd> - The Dark Lords

Beesodd
04.18.2013 , 04:54 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Thanatus,

You can make request for Cartel Market features here.

However, thinking on this, I think the intention for elite and ultimate comms is for the cap to not be too high, so that players will use them for upgrades as soon as they can and not stockpile them. I know as soon as I hit the required amount for an item on my shopping list, I'm straight to the Fleet(not mid-run ofc ). The weekly cap would be to discourage excessive comm grinding.

Anyway, thanks for the post.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Nebdar
04.18.2013 , 04:56 AM | #3
I think the subscribers should have no weekly limits...
The current cap for every one is making me thinking to go to preferred status because:
As an subscriber i have unlimited access to Flashpoints, Operation War zones etc... BUT i have commendations cap limit SO i can't fully use my no limit access to those missions/area as much as i want it because of the CAP..... So is it not more worth to cancel subscription got preferred put the part of usual subscriber money into Cartel Coins and star unlocking....some parts of the game... Why pay money when you have the same limit as F2P and you can't do nothing about it.. and makes the subscriber unlimited access obsolete or less usefull..

I do have to make calculations but current situation is making me feel that F2P option is more rewarding/economic then subscribing..
"This approach seems overly complicated. Can i use my lightsaber instead?"
Jedi Consular Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

Thanatus
04.18.2013 , 05:08 AM | #4
Well, I hate the cap too but I understand the reason behind it - without it some players would have already have full verpine gear some underworld gear. But I would like is either the ability to earn as many commendations as I'd like but only be able to spend a certain amount per week (so for example when I go for 2-week vacation I don't fall behind everyone else in my guild because I can gather 2 weeks worth of comms before hand and then just log in for 5 minutes to spend them) or have a one-week cap increase sold at the cartel market.
<Tomb of Freedon Nadd> - The Dark Lords

Nebdar
04.18.2013 , 05:21 AM | #5
you are right but on the other side of the story some people are only oriented in PvP and WANT to have as quicly as possible the best gear ASAP. so they can do what they love.. Everyone of us is hear mostly for some special part of the game is it PvP or PvE or just social/casual gaming.. but when someone becomes subscriber should have the unlimited Weekly Cap... as my simple equation states
If you have Money You mostly don't have the Time(because you must go to work study)
When You have more Time you mostly don't have the Money so you can spend more time in game to catch up those who have subscription
"This approach seems overly complicated. Can i use my lightsaber instead?"
Jedi Consular Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

Zannche
02.05.2014 , 09:29 AM | #6
My question to you all is slightly irrelevant to the commendations cap but i must know how do you get market commendations and Legend standing with contraband resale corporation