Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Returning Player Question


djvapid's Avatar


djvapid
04.17.2013 , 05:06 PM | #11
Good to know, thanks again!

OdinAntonsen's Avatar


OdinAntonsen
04.17.2013 , 06:01 PM | #12
You get 500 cartel coins every month as a subscriber, not 200

djvapid's Avatar


djvapid
04.18.2013 , 03:35 AM | #13
So I've just started playing the game and what I usually do is setup my preferred keybinds, etc. One thing I noticed, being a returning player, is that I cannot seem to figure out how to add a quickbar.

If I recall correctly, there was a '+' sign near the quickbar where I could just add another with ease. It doesn't seem to be there, or I'm just blind and overlooking something entirely. Help?

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
04.18.2013 , 03:51 AM | #14
The "+" is now the Interface Editor (also under the cog-Preferences menu) and will have an option for extended Quickbars. You'll end up with six total if you hit that, and can then de-active and move them as need be.

djvapid's Avatar


djvapid
04.18.2013 , 03:57 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
The "+" is now the Interface Editor (also under the cog-Preferences menu) and will have an option for extended Quickbars. You'll end up with six total if you hit that, and can then de-active and move them as need be.
Okay, this is really confusing. I figured out how to enable a horizontal quickbar. (When I went into the interface editing, I found the bar and clicked on it, then clicked 'enabled'.

Problem is, it's floating in the middle of my screen rather than directly above my first quickbar. (As I recall, when you hit the '+' sign, it would automatically add a new quickbar and adjust everything to make it fit/look nice.)

I'm clearly not doing something correct here...this is horribly confusing.

djvapid's Avatar


djvapid
04.18.2013 , 04:02 AM | #16
Also, I have another question. (I'm really sorry for all these, I appreciate people taking the time to be patient with me.)

I noticed that you can upgrade your inventory for your character or account wide. Is there a "bundle" or whatever where I can just fully upgrade my inventory for my entire account to it's maximum? Or do I have to do it one at a time account wide (I'm assuming 8 times...)?

Again, sorry for all the questions, I know some of them might seem simple but I have really not played this game or even kept up with it since the first couple months of release.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
04.18.2013 , 04:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by djvapid View Post
Okay, this is really confusing. I figured out how to enable a horizontal quickbar. (When I went into the interface editing, I found the bar and clicked on it, then clicked 'enabled'.

Problem is, it's floating in the middle of my screen rather than directly above my first quickbar. (As I recall, when you hit the '+' sign, it would automatically add a new quickbar and adjust everything to make it fit/look nice.)

I'm clearly not doing something correct here...this is horribly confusing.
The Interface Editor allows you to edit your interface.

Go into the interface editor and click on the errant quickbar. It will change from green to yellow - once it's yellow, click and drag it to the place you want it to be. You can also change the scale of the quickbar (how big it is), how transparent it is (Alpha), how many skill slots it has and whether it's a bar or a box.

Here's a pic. (ugh, it auto-scaled down and now looks hideous. Still, I think you can see how it works.)

As to your second question, there may be bundles on the Cartel Market, but I haven't looked myself.

djvapid's Avatar


djvapid
04.18.2013 , 04:30 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
The Interface Editor allows you to edit your interface.

Go into the interface editor and click on the errant quickbar. It will change from green to yellow - once it's yellow, click and drag it to the place you want it to be. You can also change the scale of the quickbar (how big it is), how transparent it is (Alpha), how many skill slots it has and whether it's a bar or a box.

Here's a pic. (ugh, it auto-scaled down and now looks hideous. Still, I think you can see how it works.)

As to your second question, there may be bundles on the Cartel Market, but I haven't looked myself.
Okay, so I have to manually adjust everything myself to fit it in directly above my original quickbar. That sucks...but it's cool at the same time. For guys like me who aren't particularly savvy, it's a learning lesson but I can see how this new interface editor is awesome. I just wish they had no-brainer setups.

And yeah, I was looking for a bundle for it, doesn't look like there is one. No biggie!

djvapid's Avatar


djvapid
04.20.2013 , 04:42 AM | #19
Another question here. I've seen some people summon what looks to be a hologram of a Hutt who you can use as a class trainer. Is that something you can pick up from the cash shop or a Collector's Edition goodie?

Edit: Also, another question: is there a way to turn off XP gain temporarily? I hate out-leveling content but at the same time I'm a completionist, so I almost always wind up over leveled for an area. A way to go about keeping with the area without it being too easy would be amazing.

Edit #2: I noticed that companion gifts now tell you whether or not there will be a friendship gain. Is this universal across the board, no matter what gift it is? Or should I still expect to hand them a hundred different things while trying to figure out which ones he/she will actually like?

Edit #3: On a side note, I'd just like to say THANK YOU for fixing the jedi robes so you don't look like you could land a plane on your rear end. I remember when the game released, there was some sort of layering glitch that caused your butt to stick out like a...well, a lot. You get the idea.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
04.20.2013 , 06:06 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by djvapid View Post
Another question here. I've seen some people summon what looks to be a hologram of a Hutt who you can use as a class trainer. Is that something you can pick up from the cash shop or a Collector's Edition goodie?

The Hutt trainer was a pre-order only item for ROTHC (Makeb), it's not available any more. There are two other statues - Darth Malgus and Satele Shan - that sell on the GTN, but they are very expensive. I expect we'll see more holostatues, but they're likely to be limited edition.


Edit: Also, another question: is there a way to turn off XP gain temporarily? I hate out-leveling content but at the same time I'm a completionist, so I almost always wind up over leveled for an area. A way to go about keeping with the area without it being too easy would be amazing.

No, there isn't currently and I don't believe Bioware have ever acknowledged the question. You could make a thread in the Suggestion Box, but you would need to be prepared to defend your idea, a lot.

Edit #2: I noticed that companion gifts now tell you whether or not there will be a friendship gain. Is this universal across the board, no matter what gift it is? Or should I still expect to hand them a hundred different things while trying to figure out which ones he/she will actually like?

All companion gifts now show, when hovered over, how the current summoned companion will react. It even applies to the ones in your bank. There are, of course, still the companion gift guides floating around. I personally use Darth Hater's.

Edit #3: On a side note, I'd just like to say THANK YOU for fixing the jedi robes so you don't look like you could land a plane on your rear end. I remember when the game released, there was some sort of layering glitch that caused your butt to stick out like a...well, a lot. You get the idea.
Answers in pink.