Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Operative/Scoundrel roll spam

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Operative/Scoundrel roll spam

SOULCASTER's Avatar


SOULCASTER
04.17.2013 , 03:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
No, it's not a bit much... It takes up way too much energy and if you spam it you are wasting all your energy you need to attack somebody. Stop crying for a nerf , maybe they should do the same to force leap. Now that is ridiculous and even more so in a hutt ball match since they can just leap anywhere and through mid air... Like to see an operative do that... Stop the crys for nerf, if they touch the ability , it had better be to remove it to give me something more benificial, because as it is now it is fine.. if nerfed it could be a useless ablity on the toolbar.
"it takes up too much action" is not a valid argument on a class that has THE LEAST action management issues of all the advanced classes. As well as action regen abilities and most importantly, a cloak ability to exit combat, stun or hide, and then regen health and action. (Even your heroic moment in PVE resets your action regen ability, though that isn't being argued here)

And in objective warzones like huttball for example, getting into key locations faster than anyone else, and faster than the game really is designed for, **IS** overpowering.

Sorry you like your new OP ability. But its broken.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

Racter's Avatar


Racter
04.17.2013 , 04:00 PM | #22
I wonder if OP is the keyboard turning clicker I auto attacked to death to cap grass last night... hmmmm....


Also LOL hard at above post. We don't all play healers bro. Concealment has by FAR the *******st energy management of any class in this game.

FlukeyWeevil's Avatar


FlukeyWeevil
04.17.2013 , 04:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
I hate it man.. LOl we get a nice new ability and you got the QQrs coming out in full force ************ and moaning about it, until they nerf it to uselessness... The ability barely takes you anywhere.. If it had a cooldown it would be useless bc you go only a few meters... Bioware did it right by having it take away all this energy.. The op uses this 3 times and then he has no more energy to fight anybody off with and he is dead. All our abilities use alot of energy.
Its understandable that you dont want a nerf but your saying to use stuns or pulls to stop you. most stuns have a 10m range you move more then that and fast i might add and 2 classes have pulls. so stuns are out as a viable counter as well as pulls. You seem to ignore that ops have abilities to regain energy and i have seen 5 consecutive rolls utalizing those. the problem is it isnt just about killing you its about objectives. ops can always get the ball in hutball unless the opposing team has 1 too. they can cap turrets before a double pred/sprint combination can get there in alderan and they can get the ball in hutball and cover half the map without having to stop rolling to get a score. That is Fact. If you can somehow find a way to ignore that then you clearly cant participate in this debate. You are just campaigning to keep your ultimate move around. I have laid out a series of logical and articulated arguments that you are unable to refute. Bioware had no intention of making your ability function that way. you say that we QQ when I say i debate the facts.
Victory by any means

Monterone's Avatar


Monterone
04.17.2013 , 04:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gankstah View Post
I've been in Voidstar matches where Operatives simply run the entire map in one go as soon as door one goes There's no way to catch them. No way to stop them. The only thing you can do is pray that someone manages to spawn in the new rez area and the rez shield is about to pop.
I've had this happen. Now that the doors are open this will be more difficult to do, but it still doesn't change the fact that it is possible, and not quite difficult.

I've also seen ops grab the ball in Huttball while most of my team is still running UP the ramp at the beginning. It makes it possible for a team to get the ball and set up in positions before the other team can even reach the acid pit... very, very weird for regular warzones. We'll see how it plays out in ranked... but if regs are any indication, it will require a cooldown or a higher energy cost than 25-21 energy.
Saminette
Pot5 --> Harbinger

Scotland's Avatar


Scotland
04.17.2013 , 04:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kail_Shefned View Post
Solo I've held off 4 people with my scoundrel just spamming my emergency medpack, hovering around 30% and I just stay up.
Sounds like BAD dps.
Your emergency medpac heals for 3-4k on a crit, go compare that to the DPS of lets say, dispatch or aimed shot.

Tell me what server you play on ?

lol....
Alb Anaigh
Alb - AlbaGuBra - Alb - Albag
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

Keyran-Halcyon's Avatar


Keyran-Halcyon
04.17.2013 , 04:20 PM | #26
Here we go again... Sigh.

If you don't understand how to counter our roll simply by using any one of the roots, stuns, snares, or slows in this game (and this game has a ton of them) then you are just bad. I hate to say that because I would prefer to keep the forums more open to discussions on legit topics. But not using one of your abilities to easily negate this ability, then you are bad... And by the way, we can't roll so fast that enemies can't still reach us to interrupt a cap... Especially since most other classes have either a ranged attack, or a leap/pull to use. Again, here is the link to my video showing how this ability really works.

http://youtu.be/pBK7zdX-6MU
Rogue Heals
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

ayobreezie's Avatar


ayobreezie
04.17.2013 , 04:25 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
Sounds like BAD dps.
Your emergency medpac heals for 3-4k on a crit, go compare that to the DPS of lets say, dispatch or aimed shot.

Tell me what server you play on ?

lol....
Lol, seriously.. 4 players and they couldn't kill you.. 1 player should be able to pressure you enough so that just one other one can come in for a kill shot. Maybe they weren't all focusing on you, but on other people around you.. haha.
Pull up to the scene with my saber missin'! Middle finger up to my competition!

Coldin's Avatar


Coldin
04.17.2013 , 04:29 PM | #28
God. The claims in these threads are rediculous. It's "He killed me before I stood back up" all over again.


An operative getting to the ball before a sage/shadow is even off the first ramp is IMPOSSIBLE. Unless the sage simply forgot they have a sprint and didn't use it. Even then it's highly doubtful they covered that much distance.

And guess what. Shadows could do the same thing in voidstar with good group support. Team slows, stuns, roots the defending team while the Shadow sprints ahead in stealth. Now scoundrels can do it too. That's all the roll really does. It puts Scoundrels/Operatives on equal footing with Shadows/Assassins in terms of speed. Just get used to it. If you see a scoundrel/operative, be aware they have some ability to cover distance quickly.

Kail_Shefned's Avatar


Kail_Shefned
04.17.2013 , 05:18 PM | #29
Holding off 4 people isn't that hard too do as a healer op/scoundrel. The emergency medpack instantly re-granting upper hand when you use it under 30% makes it spammable if you're hovering around that health with the enemy team beating on you. I'm not saying you can do anything back to them because you're going to be spamming your heal, but staving off 4 people is relatively easy if you know what you're doing.

The energy cost for this ability isn't that much of an issue. As has been pointed out, you have plenty of energy management tools to help counter the fairly small amount of energy this sucks away from you.

As for "Oh well use a root/snare/stun etc" It's feasible if your team is focusing the person. However, any DPS op/scoundrel knows they're a hit and run class and tends to pick up on one person while the majoridy of the team is focused on somebody else. Chain stunning isn't hard, and you can usually take a person out within the window of the chain stuns. A healer is usually guarded and the tank is sucking up a good majoridy of the damage while the healer keeps them both up.

Plus, the second they realize they're in trouble, CC break and roll away and they're home free.

The roll has more speed potential than anything else in the game. I started DPSing a sorc, he hit force run, I paced my roll a little and was right on top of him when force speed wore off and put him in the dirt.

Don't kid yourselves, this ability is highly over-powered in terms of PvP gameplay. Arguing it takes too much energy or one of these other silly arguments is, well, silly. As I said, any good operative/scoundrel will die once or twice, but a great one who understands just how to utilize this roll and skills is literally going to be unkillable.

QQ about this alleged QQ if you want, but a cool down would bring this more into balance.

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
04.17.2013 , 06:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Frostbyt View Post
I love when people claim to play the class to try and give legitimacy to their nerf cry.

You held off 4 people, Orly ?
This^

Oh, and OP, why should sniper's roll get a huge CD and not this one?

Sniper's roll breaks all movement impairing effects, increases dodge/resist by 200% (invincible), rolls forward. If lethality, places a dot. If Engineering, places some bombs. If MM, allows you to gain full CC immunity for 3 seconds while in cover, and then for 6 seconds after that, movement impairing immunity and 50% speed. It has no counter. It breaks everything, and gives them huge immunities.

Note that the CC breaker has a longer CD than the CCs themselves; CC breaker > CCs.
Note that electronet has a longer CD than vanishes, speed boosts, etc. Electronet > speed boosts.

It can be seen easily that lower CDs belong with crappier moves that have lots of counters. Longer CD moves are usually better.

Note that the sniper's roll is amazing, and free of energy cost. Note that electronet's Damage Per Heat efficiency is the highest of any bounty hunter. CC breaker is free.

Our roll, on the other hand, is one of these "lower tiered" moves that is countered by many things; its high energy cost means we sacrifice damage/heals by overusing it. It CANNOT be used while immobilized at all. We get a 1/2 distance penalty if we're slowed.

In giving it a cooldown, you're turning it from a bread and butter low tier easily counter able move into a higher tier, less counter able move, else you've ******* on us operatives yet again. BW should not give it a CD unless they remove the energy cost, or make it extremely cheap, and take away at least some of the movement penalties that affect it.

We'll still be rollin,' and you'll still be hatin,' because it will be more powerful.

TL;DR [b]If you will not make the roll better in giving it a CD, you are not looking for balance as you claim; you are looking for more unjustified nerfs because you need to stop QQing, need to learn to play, and need to learn to counter this easily counter able move.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box