Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is PvP only for the 50+ croud?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is PvP only for the 50+ croud?

bhakail
04.17.2013 , 05:09 PM | #1
I was trying out PvP last night and spent three hours getting my level 32 BH curb stomped by the 50+ croud. I guess they felt bad for me (or just got bored) and for a while they weren't even injuing me but just took turns keeping me stunned. I tried healing for a bit, but my best heals don't scratch the surface.

I am told by many that end game is all about PvP so I wanted to learn, but all I am learning to do is respawn and guard the pilon... Any ideas on how I can not be dead weight for my team or should I just wait till 50?
...if something is there, you can only see it with your eyes open, but if it isn't there, you can see it just as well with your eyes closed. That's why imaginary things are often easier to see than real ones.
― Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

bhakail
04.21.2013 , 09:22 AM | #2
If nothing else... PvP is a great trainer for healers. If you can heal in WZ than flash points are a breez.
...if something is there, you can only see it with your eyes open, but if it isn't there, you can see it just as well with your eyes closed. That's why imaginary things are often easier to see than real ones.
― Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

Banderal
04.21.2013 , 09:35 AM | #3
Are you spec'd heal? If that's the role you went for, then throw some heals out before the match starts so that people know, or announce in chat "<--- heals" or something like that. If you are really lucky, you'll get a good tank to, well, "tank" for you, and the rest of your team will watch out for you too. If you are only somewhat lucky you'll get one or the other. If you are in a standard PUG, you'll probably get neither, but at least that's no worse than where you are now.

And if the other team is paying attention - yes, they will gun for you. If you are not already doing this, basically try to hide. Find a spot where tunnel-vision-DPS are not likely to notice you and throw your heals from there. But a good team, as I typed above, will hunt you down, so I guess learn to kite? And if five of them are focusing you as soon as you spawn, just take comfort from knowing that you are such a threat that they need to devote that many resources to neutralizing you. Just keep telling yourself that.

Also do some searches here for threads about "how to heal" type things. There were some fairly good general discussion a while ago that probably still apply in 2.0. Hopefully you can find them. Or someone who knows more about healing than me will chime in with better advice.
Imagynary - Fractional - Rhandom - Lottoe (Pub)
Eerational (Imp)

POT5

Katchie
04.21.2013 , 09:45 AM | #4
For a little while, until all of the "old 50s" cycle thru and become 55s, you'll be seeing mostly teams of them in the new lowbie bracket. Eventually things well settle down and you'll see " all walks of level".

Before the game throw heals around and tell people, so you are not left guarding a node. Healers should never be on nodes. That's always the case 99% of the time no matter what. If you can learn to heal well in pvp you'll be set. If you're solo queing, dont expect a tank to appear hardly ever, and if you do see one, it'll most likely just be those guys who pop a guard on and forget about you. So, you'll have to most likely learn your role alone.
Robitussinn - Sorcerer * Roflberri - Sage
Roflsauce - Juggernaut * Sourcream - Operative
Jedi Covenant