Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide to Bioware Logic in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Guide to Bioware Logic in PvP

Hatebane
04.17.2013 , 04:49 PM | #51
PVP'ers should be rewarded for their hard work. Dumbing down WZ's is not the answer. It discourages incentive on becoming more powerful.
I had no problem with players crushing me in their Elite War Hero sets....they deserved it because they worked for it! It only gave me more incentive to reach that level.

Bioware made a mess out of the system
Nullus
<Sith Triumvirate>
Begeren Colony

ShatteredVision
04.17.2013 , 05:06 PM | #52
I'd like to be bolstered should I ever feel the need to do a flashpoint or operation. Is that fair? No. And, unlike most of the bads here who think gear is the only thing separating them from winning - I wouldn't want it that way. I don't get good pve gear because I don't run fps and ops. In other words, I don't pve. Now, call me crazy, but that makes sense to me. I shouldn't get gear for that aspect if I'm not actively participating in that aspect.

Bolster reinforces the idea that pvpers are second class citizens. Like pvp is something to do when you're bored or can't fill an ops. The fact of the matter is, if my pvp gear was bolstered in ops to a top level, carebears would lose their minds with rage. Don't give me that nonsense about getting pvp gear even if you lose. The time spent is the same. It's a grind. Taking gear grind away from the equation means many will leave.

A lot of people left GW2 because of the lack of vertical grind.

And, in case you'd like to accuse me of being someone who needs gear to pwn, I never really have top tier pvp gear. I typically grind to one level below top, and maybe get the mainhand. Then, it's on to gearing my other toons. The difference is marginal - particularly if you're good - and also, if min/maxing doesn't interest you.

Bolster is a joke. If bolster is something that's so important, just piss on everyone and remove expertise. Adjust the stats attained pvping to equal those of the pve sets, and you're all done. Then, people can gear however they want and no one will ever feel violated. I'm not saying I'm for or against that, just that it's easier to do than implementing a broken bolster system.
I'll rain
Blood
Down

On this city

Kenjigreat
04.17.2013 , 08:07 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by ShatteredVision View Post
I'd like to be bolstered should I ever feel the need to do a flashpoint or operation. Is that fair? No. And, unlike most of the bads here who think gear is the only thing separating them from winning - I wouldn't want it that way. I don't get good pve gear because I don't run fps and ops. In other words, I don't pve. Now, call me crazy, but that makes sense to me. I shouldn't get gear for that aspect if I'm not actively participating in that aspect.

Bolster reinforces the idea that pvpers are second class citizens. Like pvp is something to do when you're bored or can't fill an ops. The fact of the matter is, if my pvp gear was bolstered in ops to a top level, carebears would lose their minds with rage. Don't give me that nonsense about getting pvp gear even if you lose. The time spent is the same. It's a grind. Taking gear grind away from the equation means many will leave.

A lot of people left GW2 because of the lack of vertical grind.

And, in case you'd like to accuse me of being someone who needs gear to pwn, I never really have top tier pvp gear. I typically grind to one level below top, and maybe get the mainhand. Then, it's on to gearing my other toons. The difference is marginal - particularly if you're good - and also, if min/maxing doesn't interest you.

Bolster is a joke. If bolster is something that's so important, just piss on everyone and remove expertise. Adjust the stats attained pvping to equal those of the pve sets, and you're all done. Then, people can gear however they want and no one will ever feel violated. I'm not saying I'm for or against that, just that it's easier to do than implementing a broken bolster system.
Yep Bolster is Completely broken right now and needs to be removed
Mandolor - The Harbinger (Marauder)
Coolest Marauder EVER

Seriously No one Gives a **** how awesome you think you are.

Phrase
04.17.2013 , 08:12 PM | #54
Here's all you need to know about pvp changes in this game:

BW: "PvP is like chess"
Playerbase: "Chess is too hard"

BW: "PvP is like Stratego"
Playerbase: "Stratego is too hard."

BW: "PvP is like checkers"
Playerbase: "Checkers is too hard"

BW: "PvP is like Candyland"
Playerbase: "Finally, what's your probs with bolster? Get on mah level! 11111!"

Sixgun
The Bastion

rhakoth
04.17.2013 , 09:09 PM | #55
So many people are complaining about bolster when they have flat out said it isn't working properly. Yes, this is terrible planning on their behalf (why anyone expects anything more from BioWare after everything else is beyond me) but saying bolster is ***** and they need to get rid of it doesn't make any sense. No one has seen what their actual bolster is supposed to be like.

There is no way they are going to design a pvp system that allows PvE gear to perform better. Anyone that thinks otherwise has rocks in their head. The current iteration is full of bugs and needs to be sorted, however that doesn't mean the final result is going to look anything like it!

They have already stated their intentions. PvP gear will always perform better than PvE gear, but they wanted to narrow the gap. Why don't we actually see what the final unbugged result looks like before claiming bolster is the root of all evil. That isn't advocating their implementation of a terrible, buggy aweful system. Whoever did that needs to be sacked. But I certainly am looking forward to more equal pvp and not having to carry a bunch of recruit geared players every second game!

Totaltrash
04.17.2013 , 09:29 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
Here's all you need to know about pvp changes in this game:

BW: "PvP is like chess"
Playerbase: "Chess is too hard"

BW: "PvP is like Stratego"
Playerbase: "Stratego is too hard."

BW: "PvP is like checkers"
Playerbase: "Checkers is too hard"

BW: "PvP is like Candyland"
Playerbase: "Finally, what's your probs with bolster? Get on mah level! 11111!"
And this is reality since December 2011:

Player Base: "We want you to fix bugs, especially those that have been around forever!"
BW: "What bugs - those are features!"

Player Base: "We want a decent resolve system!"
BW: "We gave you Resolve 1.4 - worse than before, but see how hard we work for you?"

Player Base: "We want class balance."
BW: "Our metrics indicate that DPS Mercs will be nerfed and Smashers need a buff."

Player Base: "We want cross-server warzones"
BW: "We picked the wrong engine, sorry can't do that."

Player Base: "We want Open World PVP!"
BW: "We picked the wrong engine, sorry can't do that either."

Player Base: "We want you to interact with the community."
BW: "We send a gold-text yokel once a month to tell you that we are "looking into it" "soon".

Player Base: "We want you to listen to our suggestions and concerns."
BW: "We have the "World's best PVP developers", we don't need your stinkin' suggestions."

Player Base: "We want you to test your code and play your own game!"
BW: "We just released Naked Lolster 2.0 - enough said!"

After 16 months of the same ignorance, arrogance and incompetence on Bioware's part, it is hard to fathom that there are still people believing that PVP in this game will ever amount to anything at all.

Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars.
Considering the enormous financial resources that were poured into SWTOR's development, I had great hopes for PVP in this game. But unless they replace their developer staff or sell SWTOR to another company who a) cares and b) has PVP competency, lightsabers alone can't cut it for me any longer.

I'm not unsubbing until my guild decides to quit, but I refuse to PVP here until further notice.
If you want real PVP without the glitches, bugs and foolish developers, I suggest Planetside 2 - good competitive game!

ydenneksirhc
04.17.2013 , 09:56 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I say bring back champion and centurion gear and the old rng system that way every one can enjoy what hell really was like way back when.
As proud as i am to have my current gear into my old champion set, that was the worst system ever. Basically bioware rewarding the people with no life or career who could play 10 hours a day and grind the bags, and the serious pvpers who should be able to get geared with sufficent time and effort were not rewarded as such. Im pretty sure alot of serious pvpers unsubbed for that reason.
-Daemmon : Deception Assassin - the Shadowlands

ydenneksirhc
04.17.2013 , 09:58 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Hatebane View Post
PVP'ers should be rewarded for their hard work. Dumbing down WZ's is not the answer. It discourages incentive on becoming more powerful.
I had no problem with players crushing me in their Elite War Hero sets....they deserved it because they worked for it! It only gave me more incentive to reach that level.

Bioware made a mess out of the system
This post right here.

When the WH and EWH sets were implemented, people got gear based on the time they put into the game. If your a new 50 and your getting smashed by EWH juggs, and you got recruit on, your problem. Tough it out for a bit, or get some geared guildies to help you out. Chances were you would have some EWH people on your team too.
-Daemmon : Deception Assassin - the Shadowlands

Kenjigreat
04.17.2013 , 10:20 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by ydenneksirhc View Post
This post right here.

When the WH and EWH sets were implemented, people got gear based on the time they put into the game. If your a new 50 and your getting smashed by EWH juggs, and you got recruit on, your problem. Tough it out for a bit, or get some geared guildies to help you out. Chances were you would have some EWH people on your team too.
Did anyone actually read what the hell I posted on the front page about how the 1st problem where recruit geared newbies got owned badly by Elite War Heros and what they need to do to fix this? If they made Recruit obsolete instead of Battlemaster there wouldn't be this Massive gear gap in 1.7
Mandolor - The Harbinger (Marauder)
Coolest Marauder EVER

Seriously No one Gives a **** how awesome you think you are.

KhalDrogoe
04.18.2013 , 12:30 AM | #60
BW just turned me into a PvE'er because of 2.0. I've done more FP's Raids in the last week than I have the entire rest of the game's release.

Congratufucinlations BW

Iraq-Lobster, Wakwa, The Marshmallow Legacy POT5
Bloobies - JC