Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

Berronaxftw
04.17.2013 , 04:53 PM | #1
Needs to be nerfd.. Finding a group is almost impossible, and then when you get to the last boss and you wipe everyone quits and you have to look for another group for the next 2-4 days with absolutely 0 whispers..

It's bull crap.. it should be nerfd so it can be 2 manned

Berronaxftw
04.17.2013 , 05:59 PM | #2
Love how dead this section of the forums is

AshlaBoga
04.17.2013 , 07:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
I disagree. Far to many of that kind of Heroic already.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

stuartjs
04.18.2013 , 10:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I disagree. Far to many of that kind of Heroic already.
Hear Hear,
I tired of content getting nerfed just because some people have difficulty with it. If you wipe on content, talk with your group to see if you can figure it out and improve your strategies. Don't call for a nerf.

LordCJK
04.19.2013 , 01:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by stuartjs View Post
Hear Hear,
I tired of content getting nerfed just because some people have difficulty with it. If you wipe on content, talk with your group to see if you can figure it out and improve your strategies. Don't call for a nerf.
Totally agree.

JoseWan
04.19.2013 , 01:44 AM | #6
You're missing OP's main point. There are not enough people doing that mission.

tatatan
04.19.2013 , 08:57 AM | #7
It is fine.
Took me 3 grp though to do it.
1st grp - someone didnt speak english, couldnt get grp to cooperate
2nd grp - got wiped at boss and one guy quit, soon after grp dissolved
3rd grp - finally right ppl with brains, we got wiped by Shroud 2 times, but each time improving, 3rd time got him with no problems at all..

Btw the ride there is amazing, i loved it :-)

TralyanSavo
04.19.2013 , 09:51 AM | #8
Join a guild. Make friends. Get them to help you.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

CommanderKeeva
04.19.2013 , 10:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
Needs to be nerfd.. Finding a group is almost impossible, and then when you get to the last boss and you wipe everyone quits and you have to look for another group for the next 2-4 days with absolutely 0 whispers..

I was in the same situation for almost a week, got to the Shroud heroics seemingly alone on the server on the second day of the expansion and had to wait 5 days until the rest of the server caught up. When we got a group, we did the quest without problems.

The last quest is by no means hard if you discuss strategies and coordinate with your group properly. I suspect the reason so few people seem to have this quest is that because most people don't find that the rewards are worth the effort Let's face it, the novelty of using the macrobinoculars wears off after the second planet and the seeker droids become mind-numbingly boring even on the first. The whole quest chain must have taken at least 8-9 hours. I guess most people will not invest that kind of time into something without knowing up front that rewards will be worthwhile.

So, imho, increase the rewards for finishing the quest chain, a cool new speeder or at least a full-set of gear. Do you honestly think that after having done hours and hours of digging on a multiude of planets, people will go back there to dig some more? Maybe give out the entire armor set for finishing the quest chain.

Alternatively, add these quests to the group finder.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

veyl
04.19.2013 , 10:51 AM | #10
You probably can't find people because the quest chain is rather long. With the amount of dailies added + people gearing up for raiding, they might have back burner'd this quest (along with the Seed quest).

It took a week for me to finish it but that was because guildies had to catch up. Have some patience OP, it'll make your gaming life a little more enjoyable.

Sidenote:

The Shroud Quest line = Whoever designed it, absolutely LOVED Batman Arkham City so much that they decided to make a SWTOR version of the Riddler side chain. (( Find clues >> find Secret layer >> figure out long puzzle >> Continue and Repeat)). I'm not upset about this, because I loved the hell out of the Riddler line in the game too and I'm glad they put resources towards it.