Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

Zorash
04.17.2013 , 01:40 PM | #11
I do agree that the reward for completing a pvp match and the amount of credits you earn from the weekly/daily need to be upped dramatically.

The comment I never understood is people such as the OP stating that they feel they need to PVE to stay competitive in pvp. I earned money reselling underpriced items on the GTN, I also send my companions out on missions to gather materials or craft to upgrade my gear or sell it on the GTN. I have made millions with crew skills without ever having to go out to pve to farm mats. People need to stop being lazy and maximize their income. It takes almost zero effort to send companions out to gather mats and craft items.

darksidechemist
04.17.2013 , 03:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorash View Post
I do agree that the reward for completing a pvp match and the amount of credits you earn from the weekly/daily need to be upped dramatically.

The comment I never understood is people such as the OP stating that they feel they need to PVE to stay competitive in pvp. I earned money reselling underpriced items on the GTN, I also send my companions out on missions to gather materials or craft to upgrade my gear or sell it on the GTN. I have made millions with crew skills without ever having to go out to pve to farm mats. People need to stop being lazy and maximize their income. It takes almost zero effort to send companions out to gather mats and craft items.
We have a winner!

Scotland
04.17.2013 , 03:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Smackethdown View Post
I do not ever have enough credits. Plain and simple.

Right off the hop, I am not asking that every WZ gives 100k, mind you, I wouldn't complain if it did. I just need someone from PvP to allow us to make decent money.

I choose not to PvE. I have played MMO's for over 12 years and not that I have chosen SW:TOR as my favorite PvP system I would love to see this issue addressed.

I DO NOT WANT TO PVE. I have paid for this game and I should not have to.

I am at at endgame once again and back in the gear grind. This time have the same issue that I have always had. I cannot even afford a single top tier augment after leveling to 55. Yes, in time I will be able to buy they from only doing PvP but not nearly fast enough. No one like a real long grind and it turns you off of games. The gear is a bad enough grind, which I don't really mind, but have to run WZ's for months and months, to afford 10 augments, is absolutely ridiculous. The amount of increase we need is not even just a little, it is substantial. Find a way Bioware. Find a way. I realize that a large amount of the credits from PvE comes from selling items. Implement something new. A system where PvP'ers get MATS and items while PvP'ing. I really don't know the best suggestion, I just know that it doesn't work the way it is. Hopefully this post will bring viable ideas to the table.

If a raider decides to go do PvP it is because they choose to, for fun. Why am I forced to do a part of the game that I do not see as fun?

I will take any criticism (and free bumps) that are given because I have played these games long enough not to care. Post, comment, bump, troll, whatever you see fit just keep this alive and let's hope someone that matters sees it.

I won't even touch the issue of experience in PvP compared to PvE. Just MORE credits for PvP, somehow, PLEASE!

BW, stop hatin'
I don't want to PvE nor should I ever have to. Plain and simple.
You know i was talking about the EXACT same thing over the last few days.
You can make SOOOO much more credits doin an hour of pve than you can doin 8 hours of PVP.

It's beyond a joke.
Albā Anaigh
Albå - AlbaGuBra - Albā - Albagų
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

SystemProcess
04.17.2013 , 03:48 PM | #14
I have to make all my money selling stuff I buy in packs the day or two after they're released.

That stuff is gold on an RP server.
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

Sowwy
04.17.2013 , 03:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Thats why you are broke.

Too bad, stay broke then.

Do daily's and weekly's and make money, or suffer being broke.

It's that simple.

Or you could make alts, make crafting classes, and use the market.

Either way work is involved on your end.

This isn't necessary. PvE is not for everyone, just like pvp isn't for everyone. And they don't operate that way. Why should a player not receive sufficient spending money to progress along their chosen path? Why should either side (pvp or pve) be compelled into the other half of the game in order to compete where they want too?

Scotland
04.17.2013 , 03:52 PM | #16
Go do an hours worth of PVE on makeb, now go do the same amount of time in warzones and see the difference.

There is a major bias towards the PVE.
Albā Anaigh

TheHeat
04.17.2013 , 04:05 PM | #17
This issue really annoys me. Prior to patch 1.2 you could make decent money PvPing. Nothing game breaking (it certainly wasn't as good as the money you could make doing your dailies every day), but you weren't constantly broke if you only PvP'd in this game. Now you pretty much have to do either PvE dailies or some sort of crafting/GTN wizardry to make money in this game.

My point is this: It was absolutely fine when you could make decent (but not amazing) money PvP'ing and, as far as I can tell, there's no solid reason why PvP credits were nerfed so hard.
Grendizer
The Dellamorte Legacy

Z-ToXiN
04.17.2013 , 04:30 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorash View Post

Exactly.

I have no idea how so many PVPers are constantly complaining about being broke.

Do crew skills while you pvp. Sell the crafted items or mats. Make lots of credits. Its not hard. You dont have to do any PVE at all to make good credits if you dont want. You dont even have to leave the fleet. Its so simple. I make several hundred thousand a day just by doing crew skills while I PVP. All you have to do is just once in a while make a few clicks here and there...
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ JuGGERNAUT◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // MAINTAIN ANARCHY

Scotland
04.17.2013 , 04:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Z-ToXiN View Post
Exactly.

I have no idea how so many PVPers are constantly complaining about being broke.

Do crew skills while you pvp. Sell the crafted items or mats. Make lots of credits. Its not hard. You dont have to do any PVE at all to make good credits if you dont want. You dont even have to leave the fleet. Its so simple. I make several hundred thousand a day just by doing crew skills while I PVP. All you have to do is just once in a while make a few clicks here and there...
Those crew skills are open to all aspects of the game NOT just pvp.

So again it comes down to PVE getting more rewards than PVP. Like i said, go do an hours worth of PVE with running crew skills (If you want) then do an hours worth of PVP, compare the difference and then come back here and tell me it's a fair deal.

/cheers
Albā Anaigh

Pistols
04.17.2013 , 04:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
Those crew skills are open to all aspects of the game NOT just pvp.

So again it comes down to PVE getting more rewards than PVP. Like i said, go do an hours worth of PVE with running crew skills (If you want) then do an hours worth of PVP, compare the difference and then come back here and tell me it's a fair deal.

/cheers
/winner

With a 4 man group, I could almost knockout the Black Hole/Section X Dailies in 1 hour...(minus maybe the heroics)...and earn 500x more credits than I could in PvP lol.