Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVE bolster!

yauhen_pt
04.17.2013 , 12:09 PM | #1
PVE bolster was proposed in the pvp section of the forum. It is a good idea, isn't it?! just imagine: "green"/naked players automatically boosted to top pve gear within any FP HM/OPS! Discuss!
The Red Eclipse Zenaar assassin | Zenaor juggernaut | Zenair sage | Argh operative

bbare
04.17.2013 , 12:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by yauhen_pt View Post
PVE bolster was proposed in the pvp section of the forum. It is a good idea, isn't it?! just imagine: "green"/naked players automatically boosted to top pve gear within any FP HM/OPS! Discuss!
Just because Bioware messed up PvP bolster, it doesn't mean they should mess up PVE.
The Vanity Legacy

mikebevo
04.17.2013 , 12:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by yauhen_pt View Post
It is a good idea, isn't it?! just imagine: "green"/naked players automatically boosted to top pve gear within any FP HM/OPS! Discuss!
NO!

Have you seen Cunning gear with Shield or Defense attached to it? Yeah, I don't want BioWare deciding what my best gear is for NIM or HM OPS.

Plus what the use in playing long term, if gearing up for new challenges is no longer a issue.

namesaretough
04.17.2013 , 12:40 PM | #4
I don't have to end up grouped with people still using level 30 greens when I run groupfinder? Yes please!

Seriously, I love how the complaining goes, especially in the pvp forums. Without bolster, there are endless posts whining about people not putting on their free recruit gear. Bolster is introduced to put everyone at the recruit gear level (unless they have better pvp gear) and all of a sudden people hate that everyone is (essentially) wearing recruit gear? Give me a break.

Also, it's not top tier pvp gear people are getting bolstered to. I'm sick of that hyperbole.
Ratherbesmggln (Guardian) - Evrydayimsmggln (Gunslinger)
Severity Gaming - 16 man raiding on Prophecy of the Five

Jherad
04.17.2013 , 12:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
I don't have to end up grouped with people still using level 30 greens when I run groupfinder? Yes please!

Seriously, I love how the complaining goes, especially in the pvp forums. Without bolster, there are endless posts whining about people not putting on their free recruit gear. Bolster is introduced to put everyone at the recruit gear level (unless they have better pvp gear) and all of a sudden people hate that everyone is (essentially) wearing recruit gear? Give me a break.

Also, it's not top tier pvp gear people are getting bolstered to. I'm sick of that hyperbole.
Right now, bolster is putting people at Partisan gear level (and higher if you mess with mod swapping/removal).

I'd like some free arkanian plox.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Seireeni
04.17.2013 , 01:06 PM | #6
If there is a pvp bolster, who not pve bolster? Getting a pve set is boring and people don't seem to want people in pvp gear in their premade ops groups and so on.

AngelFluttershy
04.17.2013 , 01:49 PM | #7
I found this funny until I realized people are serious about this.

One major component to PvE content is obtaining gear and itemizing in order to complete higher level content. Bolstering players to the recommended gear level in FPs and Ops would defeat gearing altogether. Players would clear new endgame content within hours of its release because gearing wouldn't be necessary if they just raise you to the recommended stats. Talk about killing part of the challenge in endgame.
Angelfluttershy | Goopy | Smack'my | Lick'my | Tangy | Glossy

Soxbadger
04.17.2013 , 01:55 PM | #8
Im pretty sure pvp players are making the comparison to show bw/ea how stupid bolster is right now.

As a pve player who pvps as well, I cant say that I blame them.

When they show up to a raid in partisan and I show up in Black market, they get no break. If the guild isnt willing to drag them through, they likely arent getting picked and are being told "get better gear".

Yet now when I show up to pvp with my pve gear, Im being given a free bonus that I did not earn. I paid my dues in pvp previously, I got my gear. Now its all useless. They removed the expertise. Imagine if they had removed the stats from dreadguard, rakata pieces and said "At 55 everyone is even again." PVE players who spent time augmenting, spent time getting top end gear, would go berserk, and rightfully so.

I think most pvp players understand that an expansion results in their gear eventually becoming obsolete. I just cant recall any expansion where gear that was "elite" the day before became "completely worthless" the next.

So I hope that BW/EA goes back and rethinks this.

Jherad
04.17.2013 , 04:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Soxbadger View Post
Im pretty sure pvp players are making the comparison to show bw/ea how stupid bolster is right now.
Thanks for understanding - I actually have no interest in PvE gear, but bolster is crazy right now.

It isn't even about EWH gear being 'useless', far from it. It's that I just 'upgraded' 2 pieces of EWH to Partisan (The new tier 1 lvl 55 pvp set) and after the effects of bolster there was zero improvement.

None.

But I need partisan in order to get conqueror.

It's like coming from full dreadguard, then being told you need to grind another set of dreadguard before you can get the new set.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Daemonson
04.18.2013 , 04:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Soxbadger View Post
I

I think most pvp players understand that an expansion results in their gear eventually becoming obsolete. I just cant recall any expansion where gear that was "elite" the day before became "completely worthless" the next.
You just described every single wow expansion ever.